F the NCAA

Kansas Basketball.
Judy_Jayhawk

Re: F the NCAA

Post by Judy_Jayhawk »

I just think someone needs to tell the NCAA to go fuck themselves. I am sure they are not as financially set as normal because the tourney cancellation. I just love HCBS taking them on! We all know if you cooperate, you get screwed!
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

You and I are in agreement.

Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

The people that get screwed are typically the people who get caught.

I know it is a topic with many differing opinions, but without some reform to the rules, the things (improper benefits) that have been going on for decades will continue to occur.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’ll posit a theory that the ncaa has been butthurt about KU ever since Cliff.

They knew his mom got some loan, but could’t prove it, so they decided we’re on their shit list until they get some gotcha moment.

The year after Cliff, they willfully dragged their feet with Diallo.

Then with Billy, though we exhibited all the good faith we could, sat him and self-reported as soon as something seemed fishy, they framed it only as further evidence against us.

Then Silvio, drag their feet again.

Then Silvio again, drag their feet again again, after we again act in good faith when so many other schools would have just shrugged it off, and ultimately imposed one of the most disproportionate and severe punishments in the history of student ath-o-letes (that was reduced upon appeal)

And finally, when they’re trying to write the case against us, take the unprecedented step of “hypothetically” framing shoe-guy-as-booster, for their big gotcha moment.

It’s so ridiculous that now Self’s lawyers wanna sue them lol
Deleted User 310

Seems far fetched to me. Cliff has nothing to do with the FBI info that was revealed. But I know conspiracy theories are all the rage nowadays, so whatever floats your boat.

And tbh we don't know if they dragged their feet with diallo or if we exhibited good faith with Preston. Those are assumptions none of us have the insider info required to declare as fact.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

At least publicly, we were the ones who blew with whistle on Billy, and took the most precautionary approach possible.

and with Diallo, the ncaa was asking for things like his 6th grade report card.

and bear in mind the fbi trial established that KU was the victims of fraud, yet the CAA and their ace lawyer illy thinks KU should have been aware regardless.
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:49 pm

and bear in mind the fbi trial established that KU was the victims of fraud, yet the CAA and their ace lawyer illy thinks KU should have been aware regardless.
No. I think we WERE aware. I think texts, and common knowledge by nearly EVERYONE that this (improper benefits funneled to prospects by shoe companies) goes on, which leads me to believe that's a logical conclusion for me to come to.

I'm not saying it can be "proven beyond a reasonable doubt" in a court of law though....just that I don't think Self is an idiot who is oblivious to recruiting culture and I also don't think our staff is squeaky clean in these instances like some try to pretend by playing attorney on a message board. Its okay for me to be honest about my thoughts here. I don't want us to get in trouble either. I don't blame them for denying and/or lying if they're trying to save their/our ass.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Illy. You are a piece of work. Concern trolling what is supposed to be your team. Over and over. You act like KU violated some sort of NCAA purity. Kansas is 10-times cleaner than most and yet you clutch your freaking pearls and seem to post quotes for the benefit of UK or MU fans.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:26 pm I’ll posit a theory that the ncaa has been butthurt about KU ever since Cliff.

They knew his mom got some loan, but could’t prove it, so they decided we’re on their shit list until they get some gotcha moment.

The year after Cliff, they willfully dragged their feet with Diallo.

Then with Billy, though we exhibited all the good faith we could, sat him and self-reported as soon as something seemed fishy, they framed it only as further evidence against us.

Then Silvio, drag their feet again.

Then Silvio again, drag their feet again again, after we again act in good faith when so many other schools would have just shrugged it off, and ultimately imposed one of the most disproportionate and severe punishments in the history of student ath-o-letes (that was reduced upon appeal)

And finally, when they’re trying to write the case against us, take the unprecedented step of “hypothetically” framing shoe-guy-as-booster, for their big gotcha moment.

It’s so ridiculous that now Self’s lawyers wanna sue them lol
I agree with this--it has been serial BS since Cliff. And they honestly hurt the kid's future.
Deleted User 310

Sparko wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:29 pm Illy. You are a piece of work. Concern trolling what is supposed to be your team. Over and over. You act like KU violated some sort of NCAA purity. Kansas is 10-times cleaner than most and yet you clutch your freaking pearls and seem to post quotes for the benefit of UK or MU fans.
I don't cling to ANY purity of NCAA recruiting culture for the top schools. For us or any of the other top programs. It's big business.

10x cleaner than most? How does one even come up with a number like that? "Most" schools aren't recruiting players worth paying (but even then, there are still quite a bit of improper benefits that occur). The top 50ish schools ALL are dealing with this type of stuff yearly. There is plenty of stuff that has leaked that in 1 way or another implicates close to all of the top 50ish programs.

And for the record, I am not trolling just because I don't stick my head in the sand about the things I've seen/heard with my own eyes about recruiting and recruiting culture. Being honest doesn't mean I'm against Kansas. What is posted here won't be used as evidence against Kansas. This isn't a court of law. It is irrelevant. I simply choose to believe people like Jay Bilas (and other former players) who have been vocally honest about that this stuff has gone on for DECADES. It isn't new. Blue Chips. He Got Game. Etc. They make movies about how dirty recruiting is. Hell, there are cameo appearances by ACTUAL college coaches in both of those movies by dozens of NCAA coaches (many in the HOF)....the problem is that now suddenly the NCAA is acting surprised because the FBI uncovered the dirty little secret that most everyone was totally aware of. So they have to act like they're shocked to maintain the current power structure.

But I don't buy into the consipracy theory that they're out to get kansas. It was simply bad luck that we were with adidas and some of our recruits were caught up in the "evidence". We had issues before Cliff and issues after Cliff. I don't buy it.

And NONE of that means I don't understand why Self is fighting this regardless of what he "knew/knows" about Gasnolla and Adidas role in recruiting. This is new water for the NCAA to be treading in. Whether I believe the denials or not, I understand why we aren't just admitting and asking for forgiveness. And regardless of all of it, I don't think ANY of it is morally wrong. The players deserve whatever they're getting, they more than earn it.
Deleted User 289

Sparko wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:29 pm Illy. You are a piece of work. Concern trolling what is supposed to be your team. Over and over. You act like KU violated some sort of NCAA purity. Kansas is 10-times cleaner than most and yet you clutch your freaking pearls and seem to post quotes for the benefit of UK or MU fans.
Help me out. Is a person ONLY supposed to praise the team they support?
KU has indeed violated "some sort of NCAA purity". Numerous times.
Kansas is NOT 10X cleaner than most. You really believe that? Even if it was true, it's still admitting a lack of "cleanness". Gee, I robbed 1 store so people should turn a blind eye to me and I should get a free pass because clearly I am less of a criminal than those who have robbed more than one?
Maybe you are ok with the MULTIPLE issues we have had at KU under Self. I'm not.
I feel no KU fan and person who takes pride in the University of Kansas should be ok with it.
If that makes people want to label me as an asshole and/or a fake fan - great. Then that's what I am.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If you robbed one store and got caught but another guy burned down nineteen stores and got caught and you were going to go to jail for a year and the other guy got nothing, would you trust the system running the show?
Deleted User 289

pdub wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:27 am If you robbed one store and got caught but another guy burned down nineteen stores and got caught and you were going to go to jail for a year and the other guy got nothing, would you trust the system running the show?
No.
I despise the NCAA and their selective enforcements and punishments.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Illy and gutter are the same. Always trying to use rumors as facts.

And they are both dumb.
Deleted User 289

Cascadia wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:30 am Illy and gutter are the same. Always trying to use rumors as facts.

And they are both dumb.
A) I know the difference between a rumor and a fact and I also know the difference between an opinion and a fact. Do you?
B) I don't pretend to be smart. Like you do.
C) I hope you have a nice day.
Deleted User 310

pdub wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:27 am If you robbed one store and got caught but another guy burned down nineteen stores and got caught and you were going to go to jail for a year and the other guy got nothing, would you trust the system running the show?
Just out of curiosity, who is the program who has burned down nineteen stores and gotten nothing in this scenario?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Cascadia wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:30 am Illy and gutter are the same. Always trying to use rumors as facts.

And they are both dumb.
Pretty freaking accurate.

Gutter is slightly more adorable though.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

UNC went serial arsonist for 20 years. Duke seems to be hiding bodies in their fire. Every college with a shoe deal has a shoe dealer problem. But then there are people “very concerned” that Self tried to put out fires in the burn baby burn league.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

KU is no less guilty than any other major program. It’s funny how hard some try to argue that, or use the ‘others kids do it’ argument.

It’s all changing soon enough (well, not soon enough, but it’s coming). Self and KU are as significant a part of the problem as one would think.

This is another example of how gross things are. We just happen to be on the side defending (deflecting, justifying, rationalizing, whatever)KU’s part in the grossness.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Official from NCAA now that the KU case will be heard by new IARP committee.

No time frame on decision or process from here.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG