COVID-19 numbers

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: COVID-19 numbers

Post by ousdahl »

and you’re confusing KCrim with Stormfront.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:46 am I miss the old walrus.

Back when he was still just a fun loving crustacean that hadn’t yet been radicalized by the YouTube algorithm.
I get it, you don't like it when others progress and improve themselves and would rather they stay the same as yourself.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:33 pm and you’re confusing KCrim with Stormfront.
There it is. I'm now a "racist" because you have nothing of logical value to add.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

HouseDivided wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:24 pm . . . and now you’ve officially turned into Seahawk. Congratulations.
Ouch.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TDub wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:53 am
ousdahl wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:46 am I miss the old walrus.

Back when he was still just a fun loving crustacean that hadn’t yet been radicalized by the YouTube algorithm.
Nah,back then he was still angry and misinformed. Just not as arrogant about it.
It's a defense mechanism and a way to seek attention.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Walrus wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:40 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:33 pm and you’re confusing KCrim with Stormfront.
There it is. I'm now a "racist" because you have nothing of logical value to add.
If this may be of logical value, how do you suggest we address you if and when you say shit that comes across as racist?

Or misogynistic too?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and don’t get me wrong, I’m not necessarily trying to scare you off. I think you more than many could benefit from the dialogue.

I mean it only as a matter of fact that you can come across as uninterested in any perspective other than your own. But logically speaking, I hope you might be willing to change that with more diverse discussion. It takes humility, I know, but let’s never stop learning.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:14 pm
If this may be of logical value, how do you suggest we address you if and when you say shit that comes across as racist?

Or misogynistic too?
If you think I say something that "comes across" as racist, I would seriously question what inside yourself is making you see racism in everything. That's where I would start.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Walrus wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:29 pm

Or misogynistic too?
If you think I say something that "comes across" as racist, I would seriously question what inside yourself is making you see racism in everything. That's where I would start.
He's not Seahawk, he doesn't see racism in everything, he sees it in you, you racist, misogynistic, completely incompetent, illogical, pathetic moron.

I can elaborate on any of that as you please.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Mjl wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:00 pm
Walrus wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:29 pm

Or misogynistic too?
He's not Seahawk, he doesn't see racism in everything, he sees it in you, you racist, misogynistic, completely incompetent, illogical, pathetic moron.

I can elaborate on any of that as you please.
Potd
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Again, I don't care if anyone thinks I'm a "racist", etc. I consider the source of who is making those silly statements and laugh. :D
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

1) Not caring what others think of you is a double edged sword.
2) You consider sources. That's a good thing. What's not a good thing is you often provide sources on here that are "silly".
3) I don't "think" you are a racist per se. I "know" you are painfully ignorant - assuming your act on here is real.
That coming from someone who is well aware of their own ignorance.
4) In observing other people, I have noticed that people who laugh at things that aren't funny usually do as such because they are either uncomfortable or embarrassed.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:43 am If by turning into Seahawk you mean my pointing out to Walrus that he calls people who "protest" "idiots" but to the best of my knowledge doesn't ridicule the people in places such as Lake of the Ozarks - then I am happy to have turned in to Seahawk. Shame more people don't.
Lulz. Not everything is racism.

When I think of these protestors, I immediately think of an early-twenties White kid named Caden or Jaden or some other God-awful made-up suburbian name. He’s wearing pre-torn skinny jeans, has a wispy beard and hipster glasses, and, despite the fact that his last physical activity was C team soccer in middle school, he thinks he’s going to kick somebody’s ass to set things right in this country.

He’ll yell and shriek and wave a sign for an hour before retiring to get a soy latte from the Soros coffee cart and check his feed on The ‘Gram while vaping an expensive cannabis blend. Later, he might throw one of the bricks provided him and maybe get really brave and shove an old man with a walker before scampering away. Years from now, he’ll tell his kids about his time fighting for civil rights with tears of righteous indignation in his eyes.

There are thousands of useful idiots like Zayden out there making a difference, and Soros has deep pockets. It should be an interesting Summer.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Interesting that in these BLM protests that you immediately think of a white guy and then come up with his ludicrous connection/complaints rather than, say, a black guy who has maybe a more realistic connection/complaint.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:32 am Lulz. Not everything is racism.
There are some on here who ironically see it whenever it is convenient for them. It's much easier to dismiss someone as "racist" than to really consider a criticism that is uncomfortable, yet might some truth to it. I used to do this years ago when people would criticize Obama. I would label them as "a racist" because they made a valid criticism against his health care plan. Ultimately though, you cannot control what others want to believe, and that's why I stopped caring. People can come up to their own conclusions, and if they believe I'm racist, then fine. But they are diminishing the real racists by misusing the term.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

We are all casual racists. We think otherwise, but then are schooled periodically on instances of careless phrases or thoughts. The best of us resolve to do better. The worst argue the point.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

pdub wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:36 am Interesting that in these BLM protests that you immediately think of a white guy and then come up with his ludicrous connection/complaints rather than, say, a black guy who has maybe a more realistic connection/complaint.
I was thinking of the people I am specifically complaining about. Those who are looking for a cause to be a part of or for some way to feel like they are doing something meaningful even though their lives are pretty darned good for the most part.

I don't deny that black people have a valid complaint and I don't begrudge them their frustration and anger. I disagree with the violence and destruction. I don't think that makes me a racist, but many of the local cognoscenti would disagree. So be it.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Walrus wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:47 am
HouseDivided wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:32 am Lulz. Not everything is racism.
There are some on here who ironically see it whenever it is convenient for them. It's much easier to dismiss someone as "racist" than to really consider a criticism that is uncomfortable, yet might some truth to it. I used to do this years ago when people would criticize Obama. I would label them as "a racist" because they made a valid criticism against his health care plan. Ultimately though, you cannot control what others want to believe, and that's why I stopped caring. People can come up to their own conclusions, and if they believe I'm racist, then fine. But they are diminishing the real racists by misusing the term.
It is indeed an easily-applied label that excuses one from engaging the point or making a valid argument. I would add to that list "misogynist," "redneck," "idiot," and "troll" based on bored history.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Sparko wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:02 pm We are all casual racists. We think otherwise, but then are schooled periodically on instances of careless phrases or thoughts. The best of us resolve to do better. The worst argue the point.
Nah, I think we all have some prejudices and we all stereotype people, but that's not racism. Racism is when one actually believes their race is superior to another race. Very few people actually believe that. It's far more common to make superficial judgements against others, but real racism is quite rare.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I wouldn't say "real racism is quite rare" - ( quite rare for me implies it's not happening in your community on a daily basis but it is ) - but HD is correct that today it gets quickly used as a counter-point to refute an argument.