Trump/Republicans 2020: Suppressing Votes & Weaponizing the Government.

Ugh.
sdoyel

Re: Trump/Republicans 2020: Suppressing Votes & Weaponizing the Government.

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

They have been encouraging mail in vote for months. Just one polling place here in Lexington, at the football field.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:13 am They have been encouraging mail in vote for months. Just one polling place here in Lexington, at the football field.
But the Idiot In Chief says that mailed in votes are all fraud!
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

99 - you share an awesome responsibility to ensure that the man who enabled the current debacle (if not help create it) is thrown out of office. Mitch is likely more responsible than Trump because he could have reigned him in but didn’t.

Keep the fight!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

zsn wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:31 am 99 - you share an awesome responsibility to ensure that the man who enabled the current debacle (if not help create it) is thrown out of office. Mitch is likely more responsible than Trump because he could have reigned him in but didn’t.

Keep the fight!
A lot of people feel that way. There are also a lot of single issue voters here. So it would not matter what mitch did as long has he's "pro life".
Defense. Rebounds.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I guess "pro life" means different things to different people. I wonder how many "pro-lifers" are indifferent to Breanna Taylor and George Floyd.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

zsn wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:36 pm I guess "pro life" means different things to different people. I wonder how many "pro-lifers" are indifferent to Breanna Taylor and George Floyd.
all of them
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

zsn wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:36 pm I guess "pro life" means different things to different people. I wonder how many "pro-lifers" are indifferent to Breanna Taylor and George Floyd.
Agreed. The Constitution covers US citizens, not "maybe you'll be a citizen if you win the lottery and end up being born a US citizen". Until that baby is born, it isn't a US citizen and the government should have no say in it.

The future of the Republican Party was doomed when they started trying to force their Bible shit into their political platform. Keep that shit to yourself.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

It's time to start taking this attack on the USPS seriously.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... ots-dejoy/

Trump says Postal Service needs money for mail-in voting, but he’ll keep blocking funding
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NiceDC wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:43 am It's time to start taking this attack on the USPS seriously.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... ots-dejoy/

Trump says Postal Service needs money for mail-in voting, but he’ll keep blocking funding
It's wild. He's telling you that his plan is to subvert a fair and open election.

It's not stupidity; stupidity would be to keep doing this, despite knowing from experience that there would be consequences.

Of course there have never been any consequences.

What he's doing is making it so that actually doing the thing won't shock or surprise. That's instinctive for him, and a learned behavior.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

He seems to be proud of the steps he is taking to rig this election.
Deleted User 318

It's such a gambit too, because enthusiasm is all on the left now. Poll closures have people standing in line for hours in deep blue areas. I honestly don't know that many people that are excited to vote for Trump, but more about swallowing that pill. Also, older, conservative folks seem to be the voters that use vote by mail options more that younger, more liberal folks. This could backfire spectacularly, especially in states that skew older.

The John Lewis voting act is also going to be one of the first thing that gets past in a Biden administration. Coupled with redistricting and political gerrymandering getting the SCOTUS blessing, could be a bad decade for the GOP. I keep thinking Hillary losing might have been the worst thing that happened to the GOP since Nixon.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:02 am He seems to be proud of the steps he is taking to rig this election.
I believe that, as incapacitated as he is (and with math never being a strong suit), and as surrounded by sycophants and weasels as he is, he truly thinks he can only lose if there's fraud, a plot against him.

So he views shit like this as right and noble.

The time to reason with him is long gone. It's not possible to get someone close to him to change his course, either.

The remedy is in local, state and national legislative bodies.

And in turning out in such overwhelming numbers that a state or two can't flip the results.
Deleted User 318

jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:08 am I believe that, as incapacitated as he is (and with math never being a strong suit), and as surrounded by sycophants and weasels as he is, he truly thinks he can only lose if there's fraud, a plot against him.
I disagree with this. I think he has always gotten through business by paling around and bluster. I think he understand how much he's behind the eight ball, and is trying to shore up support with the strong talk.

I also have been watching his 5:30 "pressers" and he does not look like someone enjoying himself up there, especially since he already signaled that there will be no new rallies before the election. He literally has nothing to fight for, except "not to lose." The fact he has also been going to Bedminster more, I really don't know if he campaigns past labor day.