Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
Deleted User 141

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by Deleted User 141 »

US is an international laughing stock, right? Along with Brazil.

Need hospital utilization numbers reported in earnest right now. Case numbers really don’t matter at this point. That ship has sailed.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Hate to wade into a debate but I thought I'd add some more fodder for the mill. Let me set the baseline by saying that I don't think that protests caused the spike; nor do I think they were without effect. However, I believe/agree with the analyses that the protests' effect on the spike are rather minimal. I was talking to a clinician from my work and he seems to agree with this theory (he has looked more closely at the data and the data analysis). He explained that outdoor activities are less risky than indoor activities due to the possible better dissipation of virus particles (not necessarily UV). Thus, even a smaller number of people at a bar, restaurant, store, salon, church will cause greater spread than larger number of people at a protest, golf, boating etc. Not that the latter category is without risk but less than the former.

Here's one link (the source is quite left-leaning, but they point back to primary sources) https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/covi ... ing-spread

No matter the cause of the spike, I think time has come to reverse some of the phases of reopening if we are to minimize the damage.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The spike began well before the Police meltdown because loosening the distancing was way too premature as everyone said at the time. In fact, this whole wave of infection was the easiest prediction ever made and "opening up" the worst advice ever heeded.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Sparko wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:06 pm The spike began well before the Police meltdown because loosening the distancing was way too premature as everyone said at the time. In fact, this whole wave of infection was the easiest prediction ever made and "opening up" the worst advice ever heeded.

Or course it did and it has been exacerbated by the protests
Just Ledoux it
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Texas was doing relatively well early on. When I heard the initial plans to phase re-opening, I said that no matter what they were going to implement each phase. Basing the reopening phases off cases, deaths, whatever was a bunch of bullshit to start. This was always the plan. And look at the clusterfuck Greg Abbot has Texas in. Vote his ass out just like these other idiots who don’t believe in science...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

The President strikes out playing soft toss.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Geezer wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:31 pm The President strikes out playing soft toss.
He may be starting to see that the role of The Persecuted might make him more popular with his followers than if he won and fucked them over for four more years.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Geezer wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:31 pm The President strikes out playing soft toss.
Because he doesnt really, actually want to be president. Unfortunately, neither does his competitor.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:31 pm
Because he doesnt really, actually want to be president. Unfortunately, neither does his competitor.
But only one of the two is a pathological liar who thinks he knows every topic better than every expert while refusing to actually listen or kearn about anything and who thinks it makes him look tough to obliterate his own national security officers while kissing up to dictators and the world's worst leaders while giving away trillions to ultra wealthy corporations while fucking over every day american citizens for generations.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Something up with Trump today. No tweets, cancelled his trip.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

sdoyel wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:14 pm Texas was doing relatively well early on. When I heard the initial plans to phase re-opening, I said that no matter what they were going to implement each phase. Basing the reopening phases off cases, deaths, whatever was a bunch of bullshit to start. This was always the plan. And look at the clusterfuck Greg Abbot has Texas in. Vote his ass out just like these other idiots who don’t believe in science...
Do you have a tweet to support your assertions? I’m dubious without one.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:54 am
sdoyel wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:14 pm Texas was doing relatively well early on. When I heard the initial plans to phase re-opening, I said that no matter what they were going to implement each phase. Basing the reopening phases off cases, deaths, whatever was a bunch of bullshit to start. This was always the plan. And look at the clusterfuck Greg Abbot has Texas in. Vote his ass out just like these other idiots who don’t believe in science...
Do you have a tweet to support your assertions? I’m dubious without one.
Preferrably a tweet someone else posted much earlier.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Heard Beto on TV explaining that Abbot makes decisions based on his fear of the Lite Guv Patrick, the one who said that people over 70 need to volunteer to die to keep the economy going, who might oppose him in 2022.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 289

Like I said, something is up with him today.

These have been his only tweets and he's not traveling as he was expected to do.
Interesting how the first tweet was made during the "task force" presser.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 4465249280

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 1905774594

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 0617604096
Deleted User 289

Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Watch the whole 3:30 exchange. It’s incredible.
Deleted User 289

I watched it live. Might as well have put me in charge of the "task force".