Where's the petri dish thread?

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 62

Re: Where's the petri dish thread?

Post by Deleted User 62 »

HouseDivided wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:13 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:22 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:08 pm

If that's what you want to believe, then go for it. Personally, I don't think hurting Trump is the primary motivation. It is crippling the U.S. economy so that a worldwide electronic currency can be introduced, with a worldwide government shortly to follow. Trump has just been a monkey wrench in the gears.
So when any of these predictions be coming true? When should we expect this global electronic currency? We're going to need to make some code changes at work; we don't accept that as a form of payment at this time. I'd like to score some brownie points with my boss for seeing it all coming first.
You should hope I’m wrong.
We're kind of used to it.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:32 am

So when any of these predictions be coming true? When should we expect this global electronic currency? We're going to need to make some code changes at work; we don't accept that as a form of payment at this time. I'd like to score some brownie points with my boss for seeing it all coming first.
Well you recite it from whatever website is feeding you this nonsense so convincingly.

As stated by others, there are already global e-currencies like bitcoin etc... They mostly exist so that con men can make money off of rubes that fall for lame conspiracy theories.
This is only the beginning: https://news.gab.com/2020/06/26/social- ... lding-gab/

Imagine being out of favor and having your access to your accounts cut off because of a low social credit score. Imagine having your utilities cut off or your ability to travel limited. It’s coming.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:44 am

Being a snarky, condescending ass? Yeah, I’d say you’ve reached Warlock level. Congrats.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

HouseDivided wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:28 am

Being a snarky, condescending ass? Yeah, I’d say you’ve reached Warlock level. Congrats.
Weak
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

LOL that site was cut off by Visa.
Good stuff
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:01 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:28 am

Weak
Perfect example.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Geezer wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:04 pm LOL that site was cut off by Visa.
Good stuff
It just gets tougher and tougher to be the host for neo-nazi extremists these days. Being associated with Robert Bowers doesn't really boost your free speech bona fides with everyone.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

japhy wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:03 pm
Good stuff
It just gets tougher and tougher to be the host for neo-nazi extremists these days. Being associated with Robert Bowers doesn't really boost your free speech bona fides with everyone.
So, the First Amendment only applies if you agree with what the other person is saying? Who knew?
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

HouseDivided wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:08 pm
Good stuff
So, the First Amendment only applies if you agree with what the other person is saying? Who knew?
I'm not a smart guy. I've been led to believe the Supreme Court decided the First Amendment has limitations. I very well may be wrong. Am I?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Pro tip:

If someone mentions neo-nazi extremists, just condemn them, simple as that, rather than mentioning the First Amendment or mentioning anything, as some apparent defense on their behalf. It really is that simple!

#VeryFinePeopleOnBothSides
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Grandma wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:21 pm

I'm not a smart guy. I've been led to believe the Supreme Court decided the First Amendment has limitations. I very well may be wrong. Am I?
https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitutio ... ndividuals
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Good stuff
Leave it to you to support the "very fine people's" right to free speech......Robert Bowers yelled “all Jews must die” as he entered the Tree of Life Congregation Synagogue in Pittsburgh, where he fatally shot multiple people in an anti-Semitic massacre Saturday morning, witnesses say. The horror unfolded in the Squirrel Hill neighborhood of the city. There were close to 100 people inside of the synagogue at the time of the attack. Bowers, a 46-year-old resident of Pittsburgh, was arrested at the scene.

As many as 12 people were shot, including four police officers. The Associated Press reports that the shooting took place during a bris, a baby naming ceremony. The AP later said that a total of 10 people had been killed at the scene. CBS Pittsburgh is reporting as of 3:17 p.m. on October 27 that 11 people have been killed.
An hour before the shooting, Bowers wrote on a social media site, Gab, “HIAS likes to bring invaders in that kill our people. I can’t sit by and watch my people get slaughtered. Screw your optics. I’m going in.” HIAS is the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, a group that helps refugees.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

perhaps it’s also worth mentioning that despite his rap sheet, Bowers is still among the fine people who police can arrest without shooting or choking him to death.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

japhy wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:44 pm
Grandma wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:21 pm

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitutio ... ndividuals
Gracias!
Shit! Am I allowed to say that in this country these days or is it grounds for people to legally be able to kick my ass?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:29 pm Pro tip:

If someone mentions neo-nazi extremists, just condemn them, simple as that, rather than mentioning the First Amendment or mentioning anything, as some apparent defense on their behalf. It really is that simple!

#VeryFinePeopleOnBothSides
Never said anyone was a “fine person.” Never said I agreed with what they were saying. Never said I condone violence against anyone. I merely asked if the First Amendment applies to all Americans or just those with whom you agree.

Funnily, it still applies to “fine people” like Louis Farrakhan, who says, among other things, that “Hitler was a great man,” “Jews are termites,” and that Talmudic Jews are satanic.

So, all Americans, or some Americans? It’s a slippery slope once you start down it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The first amendment applies to all Americans. It also has limitations.

Generally the principle is “my rights end where yours begin.”

But, as it applies to hate speech, now I’m kinda curious to learn more. Might have to do more digging later, but here’s at least a Wikipedia page about it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_sp ... ted_States
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:15 pm
zsn wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:47 am
HouseDivided wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:30 am

Thank God! Nobody ever got sick or died of anything before COVID came along. We need to be told to go back indoors until the economy completely tanks, er . . . it’s safe again.
You said you are a psychologist. I'm sure you have a lot of textbooks on this topic. Can you please look up the definition of 'sociopath'?
Look over Sea’s body of work here and you’ll get an excellent working definition. See also, Clinton, Hillary Rodham, Gates, Bill, or Epstein, Jeffrey.
Had a call from a friend who needs to get sober and the thought came to me that perhaps you attract the addicts who want an excuse not to ever get sober and your personal disdain for them as human beings only reinforces that desire to continue using and boozing.

I have to laugh, because I've been around mental health types like you when they expressed their disgust with addicts and alcoholics, not knowing that the person they were speaking with had 25+ years of sobriety and had been to countless trainings with folks far more expert than they in the field of addiction.
Last edited by seahawk on Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't inject Lysol.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:11 pm The first amendment applies to all Americans. It also has limitations.

Generally the principle is “my rights end where yours begin.”

But, as it applies to hate speech, now I’m kinda curious to learn more. Might have to do more digging later, but here’s at least a Wikipedia page about it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_sp ... ted_States
I don’t disagree. My puzzlement is that Gab, which is trying to offer a Conservative alternative to the ultra-Leftist Facebook, was locked out financially, not for endorsing racist hate groups, but for failing to sufficiently censor them. Since being a censorship-free zone was their whole selling point, it seems odd to demand that they do that in order to stay in business.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ultra-leftist Facebook

lulz
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

The First Amendment is not implicated because Visa is not a state actor. Goodness. And Psych was a career track “professor.”