Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by ousdahl »

also, lodging rentals in CO up 30% compared to last June
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so last night right as I’m about to go to bed, drunk beaver declares, “I’m gonna have a dinner party tomorrow night!”

Wait, what?

Yeah I’m gonna grill out and have all these chicks from work and their boyfriends over.

Wait, what? You do realize there’s a pandemic still going on and only getting worse, right? And where’s the fun of inviting over a bunch of chicks and their boyfriends? Are any of them single?

Who cares about the pandemic? I see these chicks every day. And no, they all have boyfriends.

Sure you see them every day, but you just see them in passing while wearing masks and working in separate rooms. Do you share a big communal bowl of tater salad with them and their boyfriends every day too? Where’s their boyfriends work and stuff, anyway?

I dunno, actually. And they might invite their roommates and their roommate’s boyfriends too.

Holy balls dude! I dunno which makes me more uncomfortable: sharing my home and my dinner with a bunch of people I don’t know during a pandemic, or being mutual third wheel with you while we have to entertain a bunch of chicks AND THEIR BOYFRIENDS. I mean I’d be slightly braver risking it if it was a bunch of single chicks, but seriously bro? Besides, I was gonna go fishing tonight either way.

(Am I being unreasonable or is beav?)
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I was going to suggest going out that night but you might come home to an infected home.
I don't know.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

For real. I just told him I was uncomfortable, and to maybe put it on hold, unless it’s a smaller group/better overall situation/single chicks.

I mean if there’s single chicks involved, Covid wouldn’t be the only disease I might risk exposing myself to...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Also beav has this tendency to only wanna hang out with taken chicks, wtf bro I thought you were supposed to be my wingman?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

http://www.granbyrodeo.com/

Patriots, rodeo fans and contestants. We are planning to rodeo Friday and Saturday and have fireworks on the 4th. However, we need your help so that we can continue to offer the great western tradition of rodeo and stand proud for our American independence. Our capacity for spectators is 2,500 and the Incident Management Team is limiting us to 250 people on almost 10 acres at an outside venue. If you are a proud American that thinks we need to have as many people be able to celebrate the USA freedom and all it stands for, please reach out to these people and ask them to open the gates to more freedom loving Americans to rodeo and salute our freedom...

The incident response team said that they will allow it as long as we stop at 250, if we hit 251, they will shut it down and not allow fireworks. Ask each of them to be strong Americans and allow more people in to celebrate UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and western way of life. Personal responsibilty is an key part of Americans.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:22 am http://www.granbyrodeo.com/

Patriots, rodeo fans and contestants. We are planning to rodeo Friday and Saturday and have fireworks on the 4th. However, we need your help so that we can continue to offer the great western tradition of rodeo and stand proud for our American independence. Our capacity for spectators is 2,500 and the Incident Management Team is limiting us to 250 people on almost 10 acres at an outside venue. If you are a proud American that thinks we need to have as many people be able to celebrate the USA freedom and all it stands for, please reach out to these people and ask them to open the gates to more freedom loving Americans to rodeo and salute our freedom...

The incident response team said that they will allow it as long as we stop at 250, if we hit 251, they will shut it down and not allow fireworks. Ask each of them to be strong Americans and allow more people in to celebrate UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and western way of life. Personal responsibilty is an key part of Americans.

The word for this sort of thing - which is happening all-the-fuck over the place - is insane.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I love the website.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:56 am
ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:22 am http://www.granbyrodeo.com/

The word for this sort of thing - which is happening all-the-fuck over the place - is insane.
Insane is that kids in Alabama are having COVID parties, inviting people who specifically know they have coronavirus, with the "winner" (the first new person to test positive after contracting the virus) winning the pot of money made up of the door fees to enter.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:25 am so last night right as I’m about to go to bed, drunk beaver declares, “I’m gonna have a dinner party tomorrow night!”

Wait, what?

Yeah I’m gonna grill out and have all these chicks from work and their boyfriends over.

Wait, what? You do realize there’s a pandemic still going on and only getting worse, right? And where’s the fun of inviting over a bunch of chicks and their boyfriends? Are any of them single?

Who cares about the pandemic? I see these chicks every day. And no, they all have boyfriends.

Sure you see them every day, but you just see them in passing while wearing masks and working in separate rooms. Do you share a big communal bowl of tater salad with them and their boyfriends every day too? Where’s their boyfriends work and stuff, anyway?

I dunno, actually. And they might invite their roommates and their roommate’s boyfriends too.

Holy balls dude! I dunno which makes me more uncomfortable: sharing my home and my dinner with a bunch of people I don’t know during a pandemic, or being mutual third wheel with you while we have to entertain a bunch of chicks AND THEIR BOYFRIENDS. I mean I’d be slightly braver risking it if it was a bunch of single chicks, but seriously bro? Besides, I was gonna go fishing tonight either way.

Fuck. That.

Seriously, man. You need to get a different roommate.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:43 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:00 pm Any time folks gather there is an increased risk. It’s summertime so we are going to gather. So there is going to be a risk.

That’s the way it is until it isn’t.
I thought this was a pretty measured, logical examination of the numbers. There is a difference between testing positive and being ill; there is a difference between being mildly symptomatic and gravely ill; there is a difference between a person younger than 60 being ill and one over 60 being ill.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/ins ... MbUDTTTfV1
Individually, yes. But where there is no difference is that both the gravely ill and the asymptomatic can pass it along to others.

All this proves is that young people are going out and getting COVID now. It doesn't stop there. Now those young kids pass it on to older people who either avoided originally or whose antibody counts are now too low to fight off the virus. Initial studies are coming out now that antibody counts are declining quickly over a 2-3 month time. If that's really the case then the whole "once you have it and survive it then you're immune" assumption goes out the window.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There's risk in having a group of 10 or fewer over for a party but there comes a point where you have to make those decisions on your own.

I've had a couple small gatherings like that during this pandemic with friends and family.
I don't feel scared/bad/guilty.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:36 am
ousdahl wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:25 am so last night right as I’m about to go to bed, drunk beaver declares, “I’m gonna have a dinner party tomorrow night!”

Wait, what?

Fuck. That.

Seriously, man. You need to get a different roommate.
As a whole he’s good on a roommate level. He just needs to up his wingman game.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:38 am
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:43 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:00 pm Any time folks gather there is an increased risk. It’s summertime so we are going to gather. So there is going to be a risk.

That’s the way it is until it isn’t.
I thought this was a pretty measured, logical examination of the numbers. There is a difference between testing positive and being ill; there is a difference between being mildly symptomatic and gravely ill; there is a difference between a person younger than 60 being ill and one over 60 being ill.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/ins ... MbUDTTTfV1
Individually, yes. But where there is no difference is that both the gravely ill and the asymptomatic can pass it along to others.

All this proves is that young people are going out and getting COVID now. It doesn't stop there. Now those young kids pass it on to older people who either avoided originally or whose antibody counts are now too low to fight off the virus. Initial studies are coming out now that antibody counts are declining quickly over a 2-3 month time. If that's really the case then the whole "once you have it and survive it then you're immune" assumption goes out the window.
We are sure reaping what we've sown, from a rejection-of-science and selfishness standpoint.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:52 am...from a rejection-of-science and selfishness standpoint.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:48 am There's risk in having a group of 10 or fewer over for a party but there comes a point where you have to make those decisions on your own.

I've had a couple small gatherings like that during this pandemic with friends and family.
The only group of people we have had at our house was for a birthday party for my 7 year old. My parents, my mother in law and my wife's sister/husband/kid and we just did everything outside and spread out on our patio. Lucked out with great weather so it was really nice.

I am nowhere close to having groups inside my house.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Outside makes a big difference for me as far as small gatherings. And with people whose whereabouts I could guess.

Unfortunately, ousdahl's rodeo people and the Kansas State Fair idiots tend to suggest that we shouldn't allow people to make decisions and be responsible.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

What's funny (and counterproductive to say out loud because people, if given an inch, will take a mile) is that small gatherings, particularly within neighborhoods/communities...are actually not problematic on a population scale.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:07 pm
pdub wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:48 am There's risk in having a group of 10 or fewer over for a party but there comes a point where you have to make those decisions on your own.

The only group of people we have had at our house was for a birthday party for my 7 year old. My parents, my mother in law and my wife's sister/husband/kid and we just did everything outside and spread out on our patio. Lucked out with great weather so it was really nice.

I am nowhere close to having groups inside my house.
And good on you.
We all have different ways of dealing with this.
I was at a party, inside, with 10 people, no masks, and that was within our governors recommendations.
If someone decided to go ahead with a wedding of, I dunno, 50 people, I wouldn't finger point and post images of it, shaming them.

The Ozarks pool pic and crowded bars though seem too much for me at this point.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

So, Chief of Medicine Donald Trump declared months ago that once it warmed up, this virus will simply disappeared.

The southern half of this nation says......"ummmmmm"