Ugh.
Deleted User 141

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by Deleted User 141 »

This story isn’t going to end well.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Grandma wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:13 am Granted, the woman in the Black Lives Matter shirt - and many of the others are idiots - but .....
The mother fucking piece of shit (our President) is actually thanking people who are yelling "White Power" - and when someone was called a Nazi they responded, "We resemble that remark and we love it".
This is MY American in 2020? MY America is SHIT HOLE country led by by a SHIT HEAD President.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 9561755649
Dickwad Trump deleted the tweet.
As I posted elsewhere....... My guess is his less than 30 second attention span prevented him from watching the entire video but that may be giving him too much credit. He was called out by many people this morning - including but not limited to Republican politicians and members of his cabinet.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Trump deleted his White Power tweet. Problem is, Twitter never forgets Donnie! You fucking moron.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

let’s pretend for a moment that Obama retweeted someone saying something like “Allahu Akbahr...”
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

At this point they don't give a f#(*$%#. You really think that this retweet is going to change anyone's mind about The Orange One? As he said he could shoot five people on Fifth Avenue in broad daylight and the Psychs of the world would be like "Oh they were members of Antifa"

Sucking up to Putin didn't do it.....don't know if anything will. Where it will/should make a difference is to have people like McConnell and Graham defend this everyday, sometimes 10 times a day. Every reporter who encounters a Republican Senator and Representative should ask, EVERY TIME, "do you think this behavior (retweet, Putin bounty, rising COVID rates) is acceptable? What did you do? What do you intend to do?" to a point where these Congresspeople are scared to come out from under the rock where they normally reside. Otherwise, every reporter is committing journalistic malpractice.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Here's a question for the "conservatives" and Trump apologists here re. the Putin-bounty story:

a. This is worse than Benghazi
b. This is same as Benghazi
c. Meh
d. DOWDY
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

but whenever journalists ask republican lawmakers these sorts of questions, don’t they just punt?

“I’m not familiar with what you’re talking about...I haven’t seen this story...I have no comment...”

#RepublicanProfilesInCourage
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The problem is, republican voters.

GOP lawmakers already know they’re not getting the lib vote. They just have to maintain support from the gop voters who either don’t know or care or pay attention to current events, or actually approve of and are attracted to a president retweeting white power, and the lawmakers who enable it.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Republican politicians who don't/won't speak up are fucking pussies. What are they afraid of? Getting ripped on by Donald Trump? Fuck Donald Trump. He's a piece of shit.
Are they afraid of losing votes? Child please! They really want to represent people at the cost of selling their soul to the devil? Disgusting.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:53 pm but whenever journalists ask republican lawmakers these sorts of questions, don’t they just punt?

“I’m not familiar with what you’re talking about...I haven’t seen this story...I have no comment...”

#RepublicanProfilesInCourage
And here’s how you know if a reporter is competent or just going through the motion. A good reporter will follow up with “can you please tell me when I can contact you so that you have had a chance to familiarize yourself with the matter?”

If the response is “no comment” then the proper follow up is “on such an important matter you have no response? Are you that indifferent or you ignorant of the importance?”

If the reporters won’t ask these questions voters should.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

https://twitter.com/rgoodlaw/status/127 ... 77036?s=21

I of course do not disagree in substance, but I am obliged to point out that things getting exponentially worse is sort of this administration’s thing.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

And he’s started his work week by...retweeting news reports of the St. Louis dipshits waving guns at protestors. Which encourages the same, which (exponentially) increases the likelihood of something awful happening.

Straight from his Tecmo Bowl-playbook-sized playbook: when there’s a gravely serious scandal afoot, mash the culture-war-baiting button.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:42 am https://twitter.com/rgoodlaw/status/127 ... 77036?s=21

I of course do not disagree in substance, but I am obliged to point out that things getting exponentially worse is sort of this administration’s thing.
It would only get worse if Republicans in this country or in Congress gave a shit about anything this piece of crap does. Since they don't, it will last maybe 2 more days in the news cycle and will disappear just like the thousand other "this could get bad for Trump" stunning events that have happened in the last 3+ years.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:54 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:42 am https://twitter.com/rgoodlaw/status/127 ... 77036?s=21

It would only get worse if Republicans in this country or in Congress gave a shit about anything this piece of crap does. Since they don't, it will last maybe 2 more days in the news cycle and will disappear just like the thousand other "this could get bad for Trump" stunning events that have happened in the last 3+ years.
I feel like I've said this six dozen times (and been let down six dozen times), but...maybe?

It's clear that this story was leaked by the military/intelligence community. The military also rebuked him as strongly as you could reasonably expect over the force projection stuff.

If the ground under his feet becomes shaky as far as military support, that could contribute on the GOP finally cutting bait.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

How do we prove that the Russians are paying the Taliban bounties on American soldiers heads? The Taliban have been doing this for years.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

dolomite wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:09 am

How do we prove that the Russians are paying the Taliban bounties on American soldiers heads? The Taliban have been doing this for years.
I would guess that that's exactly what the intelligence has?
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Trump is going to resign before November.

I used to think there was no way it would happen, but I can see it now...

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

how can you see it?

A resignation would require some sense of humility, and, well...
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:41 pm how can you see it?

A resignation would require some sense of humility, and, well...
not necessarily. It would be his was of avoiding defeat by biden....which isn't humility. It would leave him the ability to make excuses.

Not saying I actually see that happening though. Sadly, I still think there is a decent chance he wins. Not the favorite, but he wasn't last time either. Going to be a shitshow either way.