COVID-19 numbers

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: COVID-19 numbers

Post by ousdahl »

Same facts, completely different response...kinda like how you still get so hot and bothered about BeNgHaZi!!!, yet we’ve had like 2300+ Benghazi’s happen so far, just today, just in Florida.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

HD - I stand corrected. I felt you were/are implying it is insignificant.
In terms of the media's characterization of it, I admit it's often "hysterical". It's "sensationalism" at it's finest but it's also 100% real. Harsh reality for literally hundreds of thousands of people who have been directly and indirectly affected. I choose to characterize it in my own manner. I use what I have seen and heard first hand. I could go in to a lot of detail and be very long winded but I'll spare you.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

BTW Psych, source for your data on asymptomatic positives.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Gqcolorado wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:36 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:15 pm
Geezer wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:50 pm Another 9500 in Florida for Psych not to give a shit about.
Those poor 9,310 asymptomatic people. Thoughts and prayers.
See, you are a Cunt.
Everybody, try to act surprised.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:26 pm HD - I stand corrected. I felt you were/are implying it is insignificant.
In terms of the media's characterization of it, I admit it's often "hysterical". It's "sensationalism" at it's finest but it's also 100% real. Harsh reality for literally hundreds of thousands of people who have been directly and indirectly affected. I choose to characterize it in my own manner. I use what I have seen and heard first hand. I could go in to a lot of detail and be very long winded but I'll spare you.
Completely up to you.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Geezer wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:41 pm BTW Psych, source for your data on asymptomatic positives.
We’ve been through this multiple times. Feel free to look it up for yourself this time around.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:42 pm

See, you are a Cunt.
You’ve got the snarky, condescending thing down, I think. You should consider mastering other ways of masking your inferiority complex. You know, challenge yourself a little.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

HouseDivided wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:56 pm
Geezer wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:41 pm BTW Psych, source for your data on asymptomatic positives.
We’ve been through this multiple times. Feel free to look it up for yourself this time around.
So don't have it.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

HouseDivided wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:57 pm

See, you are a Cunt.
You’ve got the snarky, condescending thing down, I think. You should consider mastering other ways of masking your inferiority complex. You know, challenge yourself a little.
You definitely have the cunty persona down to the fine points.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

HouseDivided wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:56 pm
You're confusing confirmed cases with antibody studies and South Korean studies, both in which entire populations are tested.

You're suggesting that 9000+, plus those that tested negative, went to the trouble of going and getting a stick shoved way up their nose despite feeling completely fine (as you said, asymptomatic).
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

And he’s a cunt not for his opinion, which is based on data he apparently shared once and now doesn’t think he should offer again to help others understand his opinion. He’s a cunt because his opinion isn’t followed with any kind of compassion or concern for those that might be affected worse than the multitude he feels will not.

It’s gross. For many reasons.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:33 am
twocoach wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:14 am
HouseDivided wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:11 am

I’m not going to live in fear of what might happen. It’s pretty obvious I’m going to lose my job/career because of the Plandemic stupidity, so my energies have to be marshaled toward finding another way to make a living. It pisses me off, but I have to figure out how to survive economically.
What is your career? Is that entire field going to cease to exist?
I’m a full professor at a small, private college. I’m 50 years old. When 25-30% of that type of institution shutters their doors across the country in September because no Fall sports means insufficient enrollment, my job will go away. With a significantly smaller pool of employers, people my age at the top of the pay scale will be the last one to be rehired at the schools who manage to survive because there will be plenty of 30-year-old new PhDs who are willing to work for half of what I make. Game over on a career I spent 25 years building thanks to a soft coup to remove a POTUS and overthrow a government.
And you base you numbers of 25%-30% on what? The same info that leads you to believe that One World Order is impending? Your gut feels have been pretty inaccurrate so far. Don't take up gambling as a hobby.

And how many small private colleges are relying on fall sports to keep their enrollment up?
Deleted User 141

So He’s concerned he’ll lose his job? I think he’s a cunt, but really don’t wish that upon him or anyone.

Thoughts and prayers.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Geezer wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:50 pm Another 9500 in Florida for Psych not to give a shit about.
At least to those they give this to that arent so lucky.
Deleted User 141

Oh, and related to the numbers, ‘serious condition’ reports are now moving back upwards (at least for today). I do feel that is a more important number to watch than simply a pure cases #.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:50 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:14 am

What is your career? Is that entire field going to cease to exist?

And how many small private colleges are relying on fall sports to keep their enrollment up?
Can't speak for all small colleges nationwide, but I have a friend who is an athletic director at another Kansas small college, and the consensus at the last conference AD meeting was that, if football doesn't happen in September, enrollment will be sufficiently down that about a third of the Kansas schools will close their doors. When 75-80% of your student body has some sort of athletic scholarship, it's a big deal; when you operate on a shoestring budget from semester to semester even in the best of times, it is catastrophic.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:39 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:57 pm

You definitely have the cunty persona down to the fine points.
We all have areas in which we naturally excel.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:17 pm

Can't speak for all small colleges nationwide, but I have a friend who is an athletic director at another Kansas small college, and the consensus at the last conference AD meeting was that, if football doesn't happen in September, enrollment will be sufficiently down that about a third of the Kansas schools will close their doors. When 75-80% of your student body has some sort of athletic scholarship, it's a big deal; when you operate on a shoestring budget from semester to semester even in the best of times, it is catastrophic.
"A third of the Kansas schools"?!? Come on. At what level?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:05 pm

Small colleges. NAIA Division 3.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:52 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:05 pm
Small colleges. NAIA Division 3.
What is NAIA Division 3 and do they offer athletic scholarships?