COVID-19 numbers

Coffee talk.
twocoach

Re: COVID-19 numbers

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:52 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:05 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:17 pm
"A third of the Kansas schools"?!? Come on. At what level?
Small colleges. NAIA Division 3.
Those levels are not even permitted to offer athletic scholarships. Baker University has an NAIA football team and has what, a 4,000 seat capacity stadium which I doubt is rarely even close to that full. And I just looked online and their tickets are $10 a piece, the same price as our local high school games. They aren't funding any portion of their university with their football team. And last season, they only played a grand total of FOUR home games. So cancelling the entire season will cost them maybe $100,000 in revenue unless they are an amazing team playing in front of constantly packed stadiums (which we all know they aren't either of those things). Factor in the decreased expenses and I doubt that would cause much of a ripple in their budget at all.

Oh, and I looked at the size of the University's incoming class. The last one I could easily was for 2017. It was one of their largest ever. It was 308.

So you're telling me that losing out on 75% of one class of about 300 kids is enough to shutter the doors to that university forever? Do I have your story straight? Please correct me if I have misread what you're getting at here.

GTFO with that freaking nonsense. You do not seem to be stupid so that means you are deliberately lying.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:49 pm
Those levels are not even permitted to offer athletic scholarships. Baker University has an NAIA football team and has what, a 4,000 seat capacity stadium which I doubt is rarely even close to that full. And I just looked online and their tickets are $10 a piece, the same price as our local high school games. They aren't funding any portion of their university with their football team. And last season, they only played a grand total of FOUR home games. So cancelling the entire season will cost them maybe $100,000 in revenue unless they are an amazing team playing in front of constantly packed stadiums (which we all know they aren't either of those things). Factor in the decreased expenses and I doubt that would cause much of a ripple in their budget at all.

Oh, and I looked at the size of the University's incoming class. The last one I could easily was for 2017. It was one of their largest ever. It was 308.

So you're telling me that losing out on 75% of one class of about 300 kids is enough to shutter the doors to that university forever? Do I have your story straight? Please correct me if I have misread what you're getting at here.

GTFO with that freaking nonsense. You do not seem to be stupid so that means you are deliberately lying.
They cannot offer FULL scholarships, but the opportunity to play college football (or whatever other sport) is the main draw for kids from California, Texas, and Arizona to come to Kansas, even if it is only a few thousand dollars a year.

One league school runs about 600 students a year, 120 of which (on average) are football players. Do the math: if a business loses 20% of its revenue - and that doesn’t account for volleyball, basketball, soccer, tennis, golf, and cross country that also would likely not compete - it goes under. My school is not quite that bad, but it is similar in its ratios. Even before you factor in the reality that enrollment numbers are already down 10-12% for Fall because of families not wanting to send their children away from home in a crisis, a lost athletic season would be catastrophic.

But, hey, on the bright side, you guys will get your candidate back in the White House, so I guess it was all worth it. Congrats!
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:57 pm
What is NAIA Division 3 and do they offer athletic scholarships?
They do not offer full-rides. The average kid gets a few thousand dollars off tuition in exchange for playing.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:53 pm

They cannot offer FULL scholarships, but the opportunity to play college football (or whatever other sport) is the main draw for kids from California, Texas, and Arizona to come to Kansas, even if it is only a few thousand dollars a year.

One league school runs about 600 students a year, 120 of which (on average) are football players. Do the math: if a business loses 20% of its revenue - and that doesn’t account for volleyball, basketball, soccer, tennis, golf, and cross country that also would likely not compete - it goes under. My school is not quite that bad, but it is similar in its ratios. Even before you factor in the reality that enrollment numbers are already down 10-12% for Fall because of families not wanting to send their children away from home in a crisis, a lost athletic season would be catastrophic.

But, hey, on the bright side, you guys will get your candidate back in the White House, so I guess it was all worth it. Congrats!
The only problem with that is that all that stuff is made up. They aren't canceling all those things. Like everything else, you need to overdramatize everything to justify your nonsense.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Well. Havent officially cancelled them yet anyway
Just Ledoux it
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:02 pm

The only problem with that is that all that stuff is made up. They aren't canceling all those things. Like everything else, you need to overdramatize everything to justify your nonsense.
I hope you’re right. Those of us whose livelihoods are dependent upon it - and who have access to actual facts - are genuinely concerned. I’m glad you have the luxury of being so cavalier about it. Must be nice.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:18 am

I hope you’re right. Those of us whose livelihoods are dependent upon it - and who have access to actual facts - are genuinely concerned. I’m glad you have the luxury of being so cavalier about it. Must be nice.
Once again, your use of the word "facts" is a little hazy. You have applied fuzzy logic and a bunch of assumptions and incorrect data to some info you had in a conversation and have labeled them "facts". I believe those are referred to as "alternative facts" AKA just random numbers.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:15 am
Once again, your use of the word "facts" is a little hazy. You have applied fuzzy logic and a bunch of assumptions and incorrect data to some info you had in a conversation and have labeled them "facts". I believe those are referred to as "alternative facts" AKA just random numbers.
They are not MY facts, they are facts from the conference athletic directors' meetings that were shared with me. I'm sorry you are having trouble understanding that.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Lol. Again, really don’t wish anyone to lose their job or fear that, but it’s ridiculous that you down play the same fear many others have for an increased potential to lose their life.

So, livelihood > lives, or so it seems to read, based on your defense of it being more ok for you to be concerned with losing your job over their osing their existence.

You using cavalier there is really obtuse when measured against your response to increasing infection rates.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

So 120 of 600 students at the school are football players? Sounds like having a football team at the school isn't having the positive impact on enrollment that you're claiming it does.

This is what happens when you try to formulate a kooky conspiracy yourself. You need to work out the kinks in your shtick or stick to copying and pasting them off reddit threads or wherever your ilk go to get your "One World Government" material.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Gqcolorado wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:16 am
Lol. Again, really don’t wish anyone to lose their job or fear that, but it’s ridiculous that you down play the same fear many others have for an increased potential to lose their life.

So, livelihood > lives, or so it seems to read, based on your defense of it being more ok for you to be concerned with losing your job over their osing their existence.

You using cavalier there is really obtuse when measured against your response to increasing infection rates.
Life is pretty worthless sans a livelihood.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:04 pm

So 120 of 600 students at the school are football players? Sounds like having a football team at the school isn't having the positive impact on enrollment that you're claiming it does.

This is what happens when you try to formulate a kooky conspiracy yourself. You need to work out the kinks in your shtick or stick to copying and pasting them off reddit threads or wherever your ilk go to get your "One World Government" material.
I can’t tell if you’re being purposely obtuse or if you’re just actually this dumb. Either way, I’m done with this discussion. Best of luck to you in comprehending how to bathe, feed yourself, tie your shoes, and other equally complex tasks.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Well, if the liberals get their way we won’t need a livelihood. Our livelihood will be gov’t teet supple’ing.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

what’s conservative livelihood then?

Trickle down and white power?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:05 pm Well, if the liberals get their way we won’t need a livelihood. Our livelihood will be gov’t teet supple’ing.
That seems to be the end game.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

HouseDivided wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:28 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:05 pm Well, if the liberals get their way we won’t need a livelihood. Our livelihood will be gov’t teet supple’ing.
That seems to be the end game.
Sigh. Absolute hyperbole. Although, I will say this.

When I had my heart attack, and was able to get on Medicaid (yay, loopholes). Best teet suckle ever. But, I probably deserved 150k in medical bills, because my heart sucked.

It’s just social Darwinism, after all, right?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I get that this world view of what liberals want helps justify your world view but it's not based in reality at all.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:01 pm
I get that this world view of what liberals want helps justify your world view but it's not based in reality at all.
If the liberals "get their way," then taxes will be responsibly and justifiably increased at the far-right reaches of the income bell curve, and - my stars! - things like universal healthcare and pre-K will ensure that people toward the left end of the income bell curve have a fucking chance.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:04 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:04 pm

I can’t tell if you’re being purposely obtuse or if you’re just actually this dumb. Either way, I’m done with this discussion. Best of luck to you in comprehending how to bathe, feed yourself, tie your shoes, and other equally complex tasks.
What you're claiming isn't complicated; it's just silly. If I sound dumb translating your silly theory it's because your theory is dumb and based off of faulty logic. I know you feel smart thinking that you see The Matrix behind this all but.....
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:06 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:01 pm
If the liberals "get their way," then taxes will be responsibly and justifiably increased at the far-right reaches of the income bell curve, and - my stars! - things like universal healthcare and pre-K will ensure that people toward the left end of the income bell curve have a fucking chance.
How dare you infringe on my ability to benefit from people stuck in cheap, menial labor jobs and prisons!