NCAA 20-21

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 310

Re: NCAA 20-21

Post by Deleted User 310 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:04 am yet you still acknowledge he deserves it.
I don't hate Brady at all.

I trust that Self was putting the player on the floor who made the "team" better or who fit some need for the team.

Sometimes a player who isn't as good individually as another player is a net gain because of fit. Brady (and Tyrel) both played over more talented players at times, and people hate(d) it. That's okay. That's the fun of being a fan and caring.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

McClung bringing more than basketball to the program?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NDballer13 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:19 pm McClung bringing more than basketball to the program?
I did not connect those dots, but wouldn't that be something.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:20 pm
NDballer13 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:19 pm McClung bringing more than basketball to the program?
I did not connect those dots, but wouldn't that be something.
Ewing tested positive right around the time he announced he was transferring.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I hope he has a killer season, and the narrative all year is “this kid and team don’t get no tournament cuz of NCAA douching it up again”
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Bates to MSU. If he ever steps foot on campus.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

"Bates also announced his plans for his final two years of high school; he will attend a new prep school that his father, Elgin, is opening this fall."

With all the recruiting/booster/shoe company stuff lately, that sentence right there would make me eyebrows go up a bit if I'm an NCAA compliance guy. Granted, I know absolutely nothing about opening a school, but it seems like that's not exactly something you just decide to do one day and the next day it's official.
Deleted User 310

NDballer13 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:42 pm "Bates also announced his plans for his final two years of high school; he will attend a new prep school that his father, Elgin, is opening this fall."

With all the recruiting/booster/shoe company stuff lately, that sentence right there would make me eyebrows go up a bit if I'm an NCAA compliance guy. Granted, I know absolutely nothing about opening a school, but it seems like that's not exactly something you just decide to do one day and the next day it's official.
They are likely adapting to the new environment of finding ways to receive "improper" benefits. I like it. Fuck the NCAA and their silly rules.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:33 am
NDballer13 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:42 pm "Bates also announced his plans for his final two years of high school; he will attend a new prep school that his father, Elgin, is opening this fall."

They are likely adapting to the new environment of finding ways to receive "improper" benefits. I like it. Fuck the NCAA and their silly rules.
Absolutely. Especially like holiday mentioned, if he steps foot on campus. Right now I would put that at about 10-15% chance. Get everything you can and dip out as soon as the NCAA tries to push back even the slightest bit.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Bates has been called the best prospect in last decade, even better than Zion.

Sure would suck to have him in CBB. Wouldn't be fun at all.
Deleted User 310

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:18 am Bates has been called the best prospect in last decade, even better than Zion.

Sure would suck to have him in CBB. Wouldn't be fun at all.
He probably just wants to be a pro and doesn't actually love the game and wouldn't love his school. 😉
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Man, without Bates in CBB why even play?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

what's his dad do? If he's some career hoops guy - a coach or trainer or scout or something - then it at least kinda makes sense to start prep school. Or at least kinda smells a little less fishy.

But if he's a career plumber or banker or insurance salesman or whatever else, then what in the actual eff.
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:26 am what's his dad do? If he's some career hoops guy - a coach or trainer or scout or something - then it at least kinda makes sense to start prep school. Or at least kinda smells a little less fishy.

But if he's a career plumber or banker or insurance salesman or whatever else, then what in the actual eff.
Hoops guy / trainer / coach / scout have nothing to do with creating and running a prep school....those occupations would be similarly qualified as a plumber or banker.

They aren't supposed to be ONLY about sports.

Maybe he owns or runs a private school or charter school. And is a career educator. Then it wouldn't be quite as fishy.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I mean, I guess. a sports prep school isn't ONLY supposed to be about sports, yeah, sure.

but I also kinda doubt the motivation for a top recruit's dad opening a prep school has that much to do with academics.
Deleted User 310

Oh, I dont think his motivation is academics. I was only speaking on what would make someone qualified to do something like this.
Deleted User 310

On another topic:

Seeing all the issues beginning to occur with the nba restart, I am thinking is becoming increasingly unlikely there is college basketball this year.

More and more nba players testing positive...more and more nba players opting to withdraw themselves from the restart over health concerns. Same is happening with MLB.

Wouldn't be shocked if the nba restart is abandoned if an outbreak occurs. Wouldn't be shocked if NFL season doesnt happen at all. Not sure how MLB will do.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What players have opted out?