Coffee talk.
twocoach

Re: Yous People

Post by twocoach »

This is fun; awesome thread.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Yeah, thanks for making it what it is. Keep taking shots at posters who aren't even here to defend themselves for doing things you do more than anyone else and then whine like a little child when you get called out for doing it.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:31 pm
Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:20 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:30 am As someone who has been on these boreds in one form or another for the past 15+ years, I can say that the meanness and hostility are the worst they’ve ever been, due primarily to three or four posters who don’t seem to be able to disagree with others without attacking or name-calling. It is sad, but it is also a reflection of the culture we live in right now.
This.
Yeah, people really need to treat you racists and misogynists with more respect.......
Point proven again. Lol
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
shindig

Post by shindig »

I'll just stick to the Other Sports board where nobody posts...
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:30 am As someone who has been on these boreds in one form or another for the past 15+ years, I can say that the meanness and hostility are the worst they’ve ever been, due primarily to three or four posters who don’t seem to be able to disagree with others without attacking or name-calling. It is sad, but it is also a reflection of the culture we live in right now.
This.
Yeah, people really need to treat you racists and misogynists with more respect.......
Exactly. Labels exempt you from treating others as you would want to be treated.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I'd much rather read personal insults directed at other board members than read about how an entire gender of the human species are terrible and the evidence is a youtube video of one woman doing something stupid, or weird bullshit conspricary theories about how the virus is made up to bring about some scary regime change.

At least the insults are often true, and occasionally entertaining.

Other than 99, most of those complaining about "insults" are really just making a sad attempt at trying to avoid criticism for saying stupid things.

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:31 pm I'd much rather read personal insults directed at other board members than read about how an entire gender of the human species are terrible and the evidence is a youtube video of one woman doing something stupid, or weird bullshit conspricary theories about how the virus is made up to bring about some scary regime change.
This.
Deleted User 62

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:16 pm

This.
Exactly. Labels exempt you from treating others as you would want to be treated.
Cankles?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:35 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:31 pm I'd much rather read personal insults directed at other board members than read about how an entire gender of the human species are terrible and the evidence is a youtube video of one woman doing something stupid, or weird bullshit conspricary theories about how the virus is made up to bring about some scary regime change.
This.
Judging by how you both often respond, this explains a lot. But I would invite you to consider there are alternative ways to communicate that are far more benificial to everyone. Just a suggestion. You dont have to follow in the footsteps of the mob around you. ;)
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:16 pm

This.
Cankles
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 62

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:39 pm
This.
Judging by how you both often respond, this explains a lot. But I would invite you to consider there are alternative ways to communicate that are far more benificial to everyone. Just a suggestion. You dont have to follow in the footsteps of the mob around you. ;)
Is that what you are doing here? Being beneficial?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Damn, Jeep beat me to it. Maybe we are the same person.
Defense. Rebounds.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:40 pm

This.
You will have figure that one out on your own. ;)
Deleted User 62

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:42 pm

You will have figure that one out on your own. ;)
I already have. Seems most everyone here has as well.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

This.
Sure, there are better ways to communicate than name calling. Just like there are better ways to communicate than posting long youtube videos, or using anecdotal evidence to make broad generalizations, or reposting already posted tweets, etc.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:41 pm Damn, Jeep beat me to it. Maybe we are the same person.
Isn't this the exact kind of insult you say you don't like?

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

This.
Is Lobster being beneficial? Here's a youtube clip that answers that question. I hope some of you can be open minded enough to watch the entire video.

https://youtu.be/vJzfPVXXk-8

Walrus

Post by Walrus »

My posts do benefit some on here, but only the ones who tend to be more sincere and not live in denial.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

This.
HD and Walrus/Lobster: Special Victims Unit.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:45 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:41 pm Damn, Jeep beat me to it. Maybe we are the same person.
Isn't this the exact kind of insult you say you don't like?
Am I insulting me or jeep? Not sure.
Defense. Rebounds.