Grandma's 5 Questions for 7/3/20

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Grandma's 5 Questions for 7/3/20

Post by Deleted User 289 »

1. I have a former co-worker who shared a video of her and her new puppy. The video is 13 seconds long. In the video she says, "Good boy" THREE times. One of our mutual friends responded to the video by saying/asking "So adorable! Boy or girl"?
On a scale of 0-100 (0 being they are the smartest person in the world and 100 being they are the dumbest person in the world) how dumb is our mutual friend - based on her comment and question?

2. Do you have a tattoo or multiple tattoos? If you do and would like to share what it/they are - please do.

3. You get set up on a blind date. You have seen photos of the person and you have spoken to the person on the phone. You find the person to be very attractive in their photos and you felt they had a great personality on the phone. You make plans for the person to meet you at a bar and you get to the bar early. The person shows up wearing this shirt - what is your FIRST thought?

4. Will you be igniting fireworks or attending a fireworks show tomorrow?

5. If you can remember, when was the last time you felt unsafe? If you can't remember, simply respond that you can't remember.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Grandma's 5 Questions for 7/3/20

Post by pdub »

1. Not enough info to determine but at best a 30 but I’d bet closer to 70
2. No
3. That I should ask if she’d like to come back to my place
4. I’ll probably buy a 12 shell mortar pack and light it tomorrow
5. Probably the day the B12 was cancelled bc then it started to become serious
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. Hard to tell, some.people call all dogs boys or good boys. So based on the minor amount of information available either one of them could be morons.

2. Yes. 2

3. Hell yea, getting laid. And concurrently.....wrap it up ....better yet...run

4. Might do sparklers and snakes for the little ones, thats it. Fireworks are a goddamn waste of money. Evem if they are cool

5. Yesterday. Had to set a 32 ft roof ledger at 38 ft up. This is usually orett damn easy and completely safe. One scissor lift each end, lift together, drill, anchor done.

Scissor lifts are rated for winds of 28mph. It was blowing 45mph with gusts to 60. I thought we were going down a couple times, couldnt gwt outta there fast enough. The whole process was about 30 minutes but felt like 2 hours.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1. how DARE she assume that dog’s gender!
2. Roy Orbison, on my ass
3. Date’s off to a good start!
4. Fuck no. It’s wildfire season
5. Every day driving. And also when tourist douchers don’t respect personal space in the grocery store deli
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

L7
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

1. 69
2. No
3. Do I have to pay for her drinks?
4. ‘Murica
5. I felt Ousdahl was in danger from some bad Chinese.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

1. 47.6969%
2. No
3. ................
4. Duh. In all actuality, I don't care. But my kids like to light stuff so here goes. Won't spend a lot though.
5. Driver ran a red light and about T-Boned me a few weeks ago. Thankfully saw them coming and was able to stop but they blew right through going 40+. On their phones. Stop texting and driving peeps.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

1. 99
2. No
3. I hope I don't run in to anyone I know
4. I heard what must have been M80s at around 11:45pm last night. Thought the building blew up.
No fireworks being set off by me, nor are there any fireworks at Navy Pier (there usually are) but I am sure I will be able to see (and hear) plenty out my window/s.
5. Last night sitting in a park with my mother. Riff Raff coming through in a large group yelling cuss words and looking like they wanted to fuck shit up. If that's "profiling" and/or "stereotyping" then I'm guilty as charged.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

1. Not enough info. They didn't necessarily listen to it.
2. Jew
3. Cool.
4. Nope
5. Flight last October with some really bad weather.
shindig

Post by shindig »

1. 70
2. One tattoo on my right shoulder...TCB with a lightening bolt.
3. Can we just skip dinner and go straight to your apartment.
4. No
5. Several years ago driving on 70 in a whiteout. Couldn't see a thing, was terrified of hitting someone or a semi crushing me.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) Meh, they probably weren't listening.
2) No
3) Her wish is my command
4) Probably not. It's been very quiet here this year.
5) Driving on the highway next to some moran texting on his phone.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Gqcolorado wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:09 am 1. 69
2. No
3. Do I have to pay for her drinks?
4. ‘Murica
5. I felt Ousdahl was in danger from some bad Chinese.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

3. I guess meeting mom isn't happening.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Why is the apostrophe backwards?
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

1. 72 (assuming she listened to the video). 0 if she watched the video with the sound off.

2. No

3. That I am going to fuck a slutty whore tonight...that or she's sarcastic...either way I would be slightly embarrassed to be seen in public with someone wearing that shirt.

4. No

5. I guess everyday during covid. Other than that I distinctly remember a drive home from a KU game where the roads were insanely iced over and i was driving my expedition down the middle of the highway relatively slow and sliding all over the place for several hours.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

1. 80
2. No
3. Yikes. As I gather myself after the initial rush of emotions I’m trying to get out of the public eye for any number of reasons. This could be very fun, or not!
4. No
5. Driving home from Sequoia National Park in a snow storm a few years ago. We thought we’d get to lower altitude before the storm actually came in but the driving conditions turned for the worse long before the storm actually started.
But the most unsafe I felt in recent memory was about 12 years ago when I was still working in the lab. A reaction in a 75 liter reactor was close to becoming a runaway, exceeding all cooling capacity. Fortunately it never crossed the edge but it was a very tense 10-15 minutes which felt like hours. Our first instinct was to turn the cooling to the max and high-tail it out of the building. Then we started bringing on additional condensers but the heat-kick backed off. I think a few of us went looking for clean underwear afterwards.