Ugh.
ousdahl

Both Sides Do It

Post by ousdahl »

do they?
ousdahl

Re: Both Sides Do It

Post by ousdahl »

I’m trying to come up with specific policies as examples.

Could we compare and contrast, say...

- gerrymandering
- voter fraud/suppression
- election security
- checks and balances

There are plenty, and I’m sure with certain issues it’s more of an equal and opposite thing. But with others, ummm I dunno...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Or heck, black lives matter.

Or heck, the pandemic response!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

We had I think seven republican driven congressional hearings on Benghazi because Clinton's alleged inactions might have indirectly resulted in the possibly preventable death of ONE US citizen. She made matters worse for herself by making one false, misleading comment about what may have prompted the incident.

So what do we do about Trump's definite inaction that resulted in tens of thousands of preventable deaths of US citizens? He will probably face zero republican driven congressional hearings despite his mountain of misleading statements and lies.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

What about attacking people for alleged bigotry? Like forcing the head of communications for Boeing out of his job because of something he said 29 years ago that wouldn't have been controversial at that time? Or attacking Mad Men for having a blackface scene despite the fact that the scene was attacking racism? And that's just the last couple days.

If it = shitty stuff, then yes, both sides do "it", just different"it"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Mjl wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:18 am What about attacking people for alleged bigotry? Like forcing the head of communications for Boeing out of his job because of something he said 29 years ago that wouldn't have been controversial at that time? Or attacking Mad Men for having a blackface scene despite the fact that the scene was attacking racism? And that's just the last couple days.

If it = shitty stuff, then yes, both sides do "it", just different"it"
I do agree that digging up old shit and trying to apply today's frame of mind to it is ridiculous and unhelpful. We see that gotcha mentality here sometimes, too. If you want to drag it out into the light to be discussed so that we can see that this type of though used to be treated as acceptable then fine but beyond that is too much.