Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
zsn
Contributor

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by zsn »

Maybe not 99.9% but a substantial portion is, even that not spent on golf course. The Trump Crime Syndicate is self-dealing and charging the Secret Service and others inflated rates to line their pockets. Remember how they made Pence go out of his way to get the entire entourage stay at a Trump property in Ireland ?
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Does the Trump family go to Bedminster--the kids? They also have SS entourages.

Secret Service signs $179,000 contract to rent golf carts in Bedminster, N.J., this summer
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

What I don't understand is why would he open himself up to The criticism over a measly $970k spent at his properties since coming into office? That seems so insignificant in the grand scheme of things that any intelligent person, especially one who spends all his time watching the news media talking heads, would just forgo that potential income in an effort to avoid the negative press....but trump isnt very smart so there's that.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I think the description you’re looking for is narcissistic cheapskate. I don’t think the sum total of all self dealings is under $1M. I’m sure if add up the golf trips and the meetings in Florida the money suck is probably several tens of millions
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:11 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:42 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:20 am

oh lordy.

You know that 99.9% of that 29M didn't go the the actual golf courses, right?
Refer to the links provided by Seahawk. It's not a complicated concept.
you know those don't show that the majority of that money goes to the actual golf courses, right? So I am not sure how it is "going into trumps pocket". Of course some of it is, which I understand, but like I said 99.9% is not going to the golf courses or "into trumps pocket".
Link
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:30 pm What I don't understand is why would he open himself up to The criticism over a measly $970k spent at his properties since coming into office? That seems so insignificant in the grand scheme of things that any intelligent person, especially one who spends all his time watching the news media talking heads, would just forgo that potential income in an effort to avoid the negative press....but trump isnt very smart so there's that.
Because it's one effort of many.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

If DJT continues down the current path and ends up dragging the rest of the Republicans down with him, and this in turn causes the demise of the current incarnation of the Party then I’m all for putting him up there for he will have done the most beneficial thing for the country.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Wasn't that his plan to begin with? I mean, if it was, can I say brilliant?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What would the aftermath of the Republican Party look like?

I’ll guess it’ll divide itself into two factions: those focused on social conservatism, and those focused on reaganomics?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I also think a lot of republicans are republicans because they never thought about things any further than, “I consider myself a hard worker and liberals are all lazy freeloaders...”

so maybe some third faction with some focus on some economic self sufficiency or something?
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

The Republican party was looking very weak a month ago. Then liberals started talking about defunding the police and calling everyone racists (more than usual) and tearing down statues of the founding fathers and shaming people for not social-distancing while ignoring that aspect of the protests.

It's like the OSU game when Tyshawn had that steal and all he needed to do was do nothing, get fouled, or dribble out the clock. And instead he turned it over.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Mjl wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:30 pm The Republican party was looking very weak a month ago. Then liberals started talking about defunding the police and calling everyone racists (more than usual) and tearing down statues of the founding fathers and shaming people for not social-distancing while ignoring that aspect of the protests.

It's like the OSU game when Tyshawn had that steal and all he needed to do was do nothing, get fouled, or dribble out the clock. And instead he turned it over.
To a lot of people in a lot of areas "defunding" the police would be a good thing.
To a lot of people in a lot of areas pointing out and bringing attention to racism is a good thing.
To a lot of people in a lot of areas "Tearing" down statues isn't a good thing but removing statues of assholes who are being honored despite being terrible people in our country's history is a good thing.
To a lot of people in a lot of areas shaming people for not social distancing is a good thing - who is doing it while ignoring that aspect of the protests? The two things don't have to be inclusive.
If the things you mentioned are things that are going to turn Dems in to Pubs, "undecided/independents" in to Pubs, or keep Pubs as is, so be it.
Interesting that you (a suburbanite) commented on the things you mentioned when my guess is none of those things (other than social distancing) directly affect you where you live. Doesn't mean you can't and shouldn't be concerned about them, just means I find it interesting to see/hear a different perspective from someone who is an observer and not a "participant".
Deleted User 141

I think more to Mj’s point is a questioning of the ‘left’ will have the attention span to see what seems evident through. In ‘16, it appeared a lock that Hillary would win, and then election night happened.

As disgusting as I think the single-minded policies of the GOP are, as a whole, they stick together, and that matters in a system like the one we have.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

When they "stick together" they do nothing more than piss off the people who will do something about it.
Did the President really feel it was a good idea to tweet this today?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 1874951170
Deleted User 141

Of course he did. Money is their single-minded policy.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Gqcolorado wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:22 am I think more to Mj’s point is a questioning of the ‘left’ will have the attention span to see what seems evident through. In ‘16, it appeared a lock that Hillary would win, and then election night happened.

As disgusting as I think the single-minded policies of the GOP are, as a whole, they stick together, and that matters in a system like the one we have.
Yep. And I wasn't really making judgement on the merit of those issues, moreso the political ramifications of them.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Grandma wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:22 am When they "stick together" they do nothing more than piss off the people who will do something about it.

Did he just show support for the Confederate flag? My goodness.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Mjl wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:14 am
Grandma wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:22 am When they "stick together" they do nothing more than piss off the people who will do something about it.

Did he just show support for the Confederate flag? My goodness.
https://twitter.com/projectlincoln/stat ... 50592?s=21
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦