COVID-19 numbers

Coffee talk.
twocoach

Re: COVID-19 numbers

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:35 am We shouldn't wish this virus on anyone, no matter how vile or how much "they deserve it". And yes, rushing here to excitedly post a tweet, particularly one that's already been posted, is giddiness in failure. As charged.
Again, you're projecting what you think people's intentions were into their posts. This is an important news worthy event, not some "tee-hee, I hope she suffers" personally gleeful situation.

This woman is a key player in Trump's campaign and has been at both his rally in Tulsa as well as Arizona. She is one of the high profile campaign staffers charged with meeting big dollar donors and has likely come in contact with a lot of people.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:08 pm I wish the virus on one person.
Fuck you
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

And then I wish the only cure was a half donut.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

You sunovabitch.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:24 pm
TDub wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:35 am We shouldn't wish this virus on anyone, no matter how vile or how much "they deserve it". And yes, rushing here to excitedly post a tweet, particularly one that's already been posted, is giddiness in failure. As charged.
Again, you're projecting what you think people's intentions were into their posts. This is an important news worthy event, not some "tee-hee, I hope she suffers" personally gleeful situation.

This woman is a key player in Trump's campaign and has been at both his rally in Tulsa as well as Arizona. She is one of the high profile campaign staffers charged with meeting big dollar donors and has likely come in contact with a lot of people.
I take into account a long history of thw posters postings. Im not wrong about my assumption.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Gotta call BS on this one coach.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

TDub wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:01 pm

I take into account a long history of thw posters postings. Im not wrong about my assumption.
The infatuation is scary at this point...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Meanwhile, back in Texas... Don’t be surprised to see stay at home orders reissued for the Dallas and Houston areas.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavirus ... dKCugDwmlZ

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Did we just pass 3 million cases?

#Merica
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Not numbers but a good article about how this is spreading...

https://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/cor ... 1e3fe.html
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:04 am Not numbers but a good article about how this is spreading...

https://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/cor ... 1e3fe.html
Good article, thanks. We are out in Summit County, CO this week and virtually everyone here is wearing masks in all public spaces. Stores will not allow you to walk in without one. If the bulk of the country was using this level of requirement, I think we'd be out of this nightmare much quicker.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

All of a sudden there are lots more people wearing masks in the grocery store.
Don't inject Lysol.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

seahawk wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:14 am All of a sudden there are lots more people wearing masks in the grocery store.
And, this sums up why although ‘wishing’ the virus anyone specific definitely seems morally insidious, if it’s the only way that these people will change their minds in what seems to be easy ‘helps’ to the situation at hand, then it’s not necessarily evil to hope that certain people in power do contract the virus so their perspective will change, and along with it, the prospective perspective of many many others.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I wish they would wear masks. I dont wish that they get the virus.if they dont get it then we get out of this situation a while lot sooner
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 141

TDub wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:09 am I wish they would wear masks. I dont wish that they get the virus.if they dont get it then we get out of this situation a while lot sooner
If one that influences thousands gets it and influences behavior of others to a scenario which would scientifically reduce infection, doesn’t the situation improve?

And if no pother circumstance would change this one’s thinking to help influence the thinking of so many others, is them getting this that bad of a thing? Especially if other arguments this person might be using are actually anywhere near true (see: 99% ‘no big deal)
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Gqcolorado wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:13 am
TDub wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:09 am I wish they would wear masks. I dont wish that they get the virus.if they dont get it then we get out of this situation a while lot sooner
If one that influences thousands gets it and influences behavior of others to a scenario which would scientifically reduce infection, doesn’t the situation improve?

And if no pother circumstance would change this one’s thinking to help influence the thinking of so many others, is them getting this that bad of a thing? Especially if other arguments this person might be using are actually anywhere near true (see: 99% ‘no big deal)
Maybe if its a bad case. I know people who have said its no big deal yadda yadda. Got it. Had a minor case with mild symptoms who now say "see! It wasnt wven as bad as the flu!" Not even a head cold.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 141

So, the argument is don’t let them get it bc it will reinforce their beliefs and make behavior less favorable to reducing spread to others?

It’s gotta suck for them to be trapped by such a shit position.

I know neither of us is arguing for this scenario here, but man, to be forced to not be allowed to have empathy for people potentially in a worse, different scenario than one’s own has to suck for them.