In this thread, the "experts" own Lobs

Ugh.
Walrus

Re: 2020: the year the "feelz" took over

Post by Walrus »

How long until the Philadelphia 76ers is considered "racist"?
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

seahawk wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:59 am The Confederate monuments were all an endorsement of the correctness of slavery.
And Lobster/Walrus wants to continue to honor this. Huh. Go figure.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

chiknbut wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:24 pm
seahawk wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:59 am The Confederate monuments were all an endorsement of the correctness of slavery.
And Lobster/Walrus wants to continue to honor this. Huh. Go figure.
Thing is, regardless of his bigotry and complete misunderstanding of logic, his point resonates with a lot of people because a lot of this is going too far. People from long ago are being judged based on current ethical standards. There's a line somewhere. It's somewhere between Confederate generals and the founding fathers. And the liberal "cancel culture" swarms on anyone who questions anything in this movement and screams "racist!".
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Destruction of public property is bound to generate opposition.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

How do I know systemic racism isn't real? No one here can define what it is. If we really did have to definite it, we would all move on and realize we were talking about a boogeyman. It's much easier to blame problems on something that doesn't exist than to take a sincere look at what the actual causes are.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Also, slavery is not uniquely "American". There were slaves in most parts of the world, including blacks owning other blacks as slaves in Africa. If we're going to "remove" all statues of history, better apply this "solution" to all over the world, including Africa.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Walrus wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:10 pm How do I know systemic racism isn't real? No one here can define what it is. If we really did have to definite it, we would all move on and realize we were talking about a boogeyman. It's much easier to blame problems on something that doesn't exist than to take a sincere look at what the actual causes are.
Every time you post this shit you piss me off. Is that your purpose in doing it? I'm not going to take the time to explain to you yet again - what systemic racism is and how it exists in this country.
I'm undecided if you're purposely being a con and an asshole or if your are simply too ignorant to be able to comprehend what it is. My guess is it's both.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

systemic racism is an ignorant white asshole trying to tell everyone systemic racism is not real.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:14 am Not a definition but a pretty good example of systemic racism

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/26/69679482 ... more-money

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updat ... ic-schools
What, you can't find a youtubes?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

It's funny that some are claiming blacks are held down, but we've seen time and time again that most of the highly successful KU bball players have been black. Most of our guys in the NBA who are succeeding the most are black. Bill Self and KU usually have more blacks on their team than whites. White privilege isn't stopping this from happening. I'm all for it -- I want the best players, period. I don't care what color they are.

The fact is, you have all the opportunity you need and then some in America. A large portion have become resentful and adopted the mindset that the world owes them something based on their skin or their gender. This is dangerous thinking that leads to nowhere good.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

You seem to know a lot about the black community. Spend a lot of time there?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:14 am Also, slavery is not uniquely "American". There were slaves in most parts of the world, including blacks owning other blacks as slaves in Africa. If we're going to "remove" all statues of history, better apply this "solution" to all over the world, including Africa.
Actually, that's a falsehood. Chattel slavery as developed in the United States was particularly evil compared to slavery in the rest of the world. Catholic Church rulings dictated that slaves had to be baptized and given Sundays off. They were also to be married in the Church and the couple not separated. That was very different from the Anglos in the U.S. who fathered daughters and sold them into prostitution or sold their sons South to the giant plantations in Mississippi or Louisiana where there were 200-900 slaves.

Slavery in Africa, like slavery in many other parts of the world historically, was often about enslaved people who'd been conquered in military battles. That's rather different than the huge system set up in American chattel slavery. Speaking of KU, it's shocking to read the Neo-Confederate arguments from a person who attended a university established by abolitionists.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

These leagues you talk about. How is it that there is so little to no minority ownership, GMs, and coaches?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Geezer wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:43 am You seem to know a lot about the black community. Spend a lot of time there?
Not at all. Lobster just likes to say REALLY stupid shit to rile up the masses.
Stop feeding him.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Gqcolorado wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:30 pm These leagues you talk about. How is it that there is so little to no minority ownership, GMs, and coaches?
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/964512 ... 71488?s=20
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:48 am It's funny that some are claiming blacks are held down, but we've seen time and time again that most of the highly successful KU bball players have been black. Most of our guys in the NBA who are succeeding the most are black. Bill Self and KU usually have more blacks on their team than whites. White privilege isn't stopping this from happening. I'm all for it -- I want the best players, period. I don't care what color they are.

The fact is, you have all the opportunity you need and then some in America. A large portion have become resentful and adopted the mindset that the world owes them something based on their skin or their gender. This is dangerous thinking that leads to nowhere good.
Nothing funny about Blacks being "held down".
You are going to bring up KU Basketball players to prove your point? Are you really that fucking cluless?
Since you pretend to be knowledgable, please go ahead and tell us about how many of them would be at KU if they were a non-scholarship athlete. Then tell us how many Black players are in the NBA followed by how many Black people are in prison for non-violent crimes.
Of course white privilege doesn't prevent Black athletes from getting scholarships to major universities. Who implied it does?
Now tell us other than athletes, how many Black kids from inner-city schools in poor neighborhoods get in to KU as easily as kids from predominately lily white wealthy communities.

"The fact is" for some, they are not at all afforded the same "opportunity" as others. So please stop saying stupid shit that implies they are.
"A large portion" of who/m?
What's "dangerous thinking that leads to nowhere good" - is your ignorance.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:14 am Also, slavery is not uniquely "American". There were slaves in most parts of the world, including blacks owning other blacks as slaves in Africa. If we're going to "remove" all statues of history, better apply this "solution" to all over the world, including Africa.
We live in the US. Other countries can worry about how they feel about statues in their countries.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Geezer wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:43 am You seem to know a lot about the black community. Spend a lot of time there?
Living in Los Angeles, I have lots of black friends, most of which agree that that systemic racism doesn't exist. Many of them are successful in the music business and other fields. They are sincere people, and as a result, can see through this mob of nonsense.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

The mob of idiots, once again, trying to fire someone for not agreeing with them. For a group that screams about tolerance, they sure do not put it into practice.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/candace-pa ... 09724.html