In this thread, the "experts" own Lobs

Ugh.
Deleted User 289

Re: 2020: the year the "feelz" took over

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:40 pm
Geezer wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:43 am You seem to know a lot about the black community. Spend a lot of time there?
Living in Los Angeles, I have lots of black friends, most of which agree that that systemic racism doesn't exist. Many of them are successful in the music business and other fields. They are sincere people, and as a result, can see through this mob of nonsense.
You're full of shit. A) ZERO chance you have "lots of black friends". B) If you did, my guess is you haven't discussed systemic racism with them. Why would you? It's something you don't believe exists.
C) Of course your "lots of black friends" could come from "privileged" families but even then, I would think they would be well aware that systemic racism exists. D) Many of your "lots of black friends" are successful in the music business - and other fields. Ok, many of my Black friends are successful in different fields. I have some who are not "successful". Meanwhile, EACH and EVERYONE of my Black friends who I bothered to discuss systemic racism with have told me their stories and how it's affected them. I guess all my friends are lying and all your's are telling the truth.
HOW DARE YOU imply my friends are not sincere people and what they have seen and witnessed is a "mob of nonsense". Two words in closing that I will say to you - Eat shit!

P.S. Would you be open to having a face to face conversation with a former KU Football player who probably lives not too far from you? My guess is he would be happy to have a respectful conversation with you regarding systemic racism. Well, it will be respectful until you tell him he's full of shit and it doesn't exist. Then it might get a bit ugly because he's an extremely passionate person on the subject.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

More hypocrisy. BLM protests are "okay" but everyone else, it's illegal. BLM vandalism of streets is "okay", but everyone else, it's a "hate crime".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv7_Ko3rGwc
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Bro you realize no one watches your bullshit YouTube videos, right?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Why would people on here not watch a black man speak. Are they racist?

Some humor.

Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Deleted User 289

You say "Amen, Charles" but if you read the article you must be too clueless to understand the hypocrisy of your saying it - based on the shit you have posted in the past. Amiright? Lulz?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’ll admit, I can see why it’s kind of annoying to have more shit on a basketball jersey besides a team’s and player’s name, and just generally making the game about things besides the game. (The on-Jersey brand ads is dumb too, though that’s a different story)

But even more so, much more so, I don’t fault the nba for shamelessly putting and keeping a message of social justice and equality right out there in the open. If it makes folks like lobster uncomfortable, that means it’s working.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:46 am I’ll admit, I can see why it’s kind of annoying to have more shit on a basketball jersey besides a team’s and player’s name, and just generally making the game about things besides the game. (The on-Jersey brand ads is dumb too, though that’s a different story)

But even more so, much more so, I don’t fault the nba for shamelessly putting and keeping a message of social justice and equality right out there in the open. If it makes folks like lobster uncomfortable, that means it’s working.
Yeah, fuck this. Most sports leagues will market products about other causes see: ‘patriotism’ as they think it will sell a bunch of shit. It’s nice to have something other than that influence affecting things, even if only on a surface level. So, yeah, I agree with your post.
Deleted User 289

Frankly I don't care one way or the other if players have their name or a "message" on the back of their jersey. What I found comical was how Walrus said, "Amen, Charles".

Charles said......
“Instead of talking about racial equality, racial justice and economic justice".
“We need police reform, prison reform. Those are No. 1 and No. 2 things to focus on".
“We are in a divided country".

You know, things Walrus likes to pretend don't exist. Or at least has expressed he feels are not a problem in this country.

On another note, anyone remember this?

LeBron James: NFL owners are ‘old white men’ with ‘slave mentality’ toward players
By
Ben Golliver

For LeBron James, the fundamental difference between the NBA and the NFL is the level of respect shown to players by the respective leagues and their team owners. The Lakers forward, who in recent years has become an increasingly outspoken advocate for professional athletes on matters of race and politics, took the NFL and its owners to task on the latest episode of “The Shop,” which aired Friday on HBO.

“In the NFL they got a bunch of old white men owning teams and they got that slave mentality," James said. “And it’s like, ‘This is my team. You do what the f--- I tell y’all to do. Or we get rid of y’all.’ ”
James, a four-time NBA MVP, made the comments in an extended conversation with his business partner Maverick Carter, Los Angeles Rams running back Todd Gurley, and the actor/rapper Ice Cube.

“I’m so appreciative in our league of our commissioner [Adam Silver],” James continued. “He doesn’t mind us having ... a real feeling and to be able to express that. It doesn’t even matter if Adam agrees with what we are saying, he at least wants to hear us out. As long as we are doing it in a very educational, non-violent way, then he’s absolutely okay with it.”
The NBA and the NFL have had strikingly different approaches to player activism. In the NBA, James and others have worn T-shirts during warm-ups in recognition of victims of police violence with no repercussions from the league.
By contrast, former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick set off years of controversy and debate when he knelt during the national anthem as a means to protest racial injustice. The NFL and Commissioner Roger Goodell responded by instituting strict guidelines for player conduct during the anthem. Kaepernick, who has not appeared in an NFL game since the 2016 season, ultimately filed a grievance against the league’s owners, alleging they colluded to keep him sidelined as a response to his protest.The NFL and its owners have faced “slave” comparisons numerous times over the past decade. In 2011, then-Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson said that the league’s labor situation was like “modern-day slavery.”

During a 2017 owners meeting in the wake of Kaepernick’s protest, then-Houston Texans owner Bob McNair reportedly told his fellow owners that, “We can’t have the inmates running the prison.” Former Texans wide receiver Cecil Shorts replied: “Inmates, slaves and products. That’s all we are to the owners and others.”
Over the summer, San Francisco defensive back Richard Sherman accused Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones of possessing “the old plantation mentality” for requiring his players to stand at attention during the national anthem.
As Friday’s conversation on “The Shop” continued, James noted the central role that NBA and NFL players have held in growing their respective sports and suggested that NFL owners prioritize short-term results over the long-term success of individual players.
“The players are who make the ship go,” he said. “We make it go. Every Sunday, without Todd Gurley and without Odell Beckham Jr., without those players, those guys, there is no football. And it’s the same in the NBA. ... The difference between the NBA and the NFL: the NBA [cares about] what we believe [a player] can be, the potential. In the NFL, it’s what can you do for me this Sunday or this Monday or this Thursday. And if you ain’t it, we moving on.”
James stressed that he and other NBA players have still encountered resistance, even though they’ve been careful to take a non-violent approach to their activism.
“I am very educated about what I believe in and I’m not doing it in a violent way,” James said. “I’m not knocking on your door saying, ‘Listen, I’m kneeling today and if you don’t kneel with me, I’ll knock you the f-- out.’ But you know people go crazy when things are done outside the box. People don’t know how to react.”
Set in a barbershop, “The Shop” is a 30-minute conversational show. James and Carter are executive producers of the show, which is a collaboration between HBO and James’s “Uninterrupted” media company.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

LOL @ Lebron right cascadia?

🤡
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Racism exists, yes. Systemic racism does not. No one can even define what the latter is.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It’s black people being stopped, arrested, brutalized, shot, incarcerated, and sentenced at a disproportionate level.

It’s being unable to get a bank loan in a black neighborhood.

It’s a black name on a resume being less likely to get an interview.

It’s a white guy on a message bored saying things like, systemic racism doesn’t exist.
Deleted User 310

Walrus wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:17 am Racism exists, yes. Systemic racism does not. No one can even define what the latter is.
I have seen systemic racism defined in a few reasonable ways...i will try to find a link or 2 and post when i get home from the office. Systemic racism doesnt mean ZERO black people can prosper/succeed, but it does mean that all other things equal it is at the very least slightly harder for black people to achieve what white people do in similar scenarios.

Another aspect of systemic racism is cultural racism or prejudices even if the person perpetuating those things is unaware they are doing so.

Is systemic racism and racism in general as bad at is was 20, 30, 50, 100 years ago? Of course not. But it still exists.

Are there aspects of black people struggles that dont relate to racism (such as higher rate of single mother/parent households)? Absolutely....home life for any race is the most significant factor in determining and predicting positive life outcomes. Stats i have seen seem to show that holds true for both black and white people.
Last edited by Deleted User 310 on Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:02 pm It’s black people being stopped, arrested, brutalized, shot, incarcerated, and sentenced at a disproportionate level.

It’s being unable to get a bank loan in a black neighborhood.

It’s a black name on a resume being less likely to get an interview.

It’s a white guy on a message bored saying things like, systemic racism doesn’t exist.
You are feeding the idiot
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:02 pm It’s a white guy on a message bored saying things like, systemic racism doesn’t exist.
Agreed until this.

This example is not systemic racism. This example is probably cultural racism. Likely even the kind where the person perpetuating it is unaware and/or it is unintentional.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Again, that doesn't mean it's because of racism. Blacks commit far more crime, and even black police have said they expect more crime to happen from young black men. Young men in general are the highest demographic to commit crime, but it's even higher in young black men. It's called judging the probabilities -- not racism.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

"It’s a white guy on a message bored saying things like, systemic racism doesn’t exist."

Reminds me of this. :D

Deleted User 310

Walrus wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:44 pm Again, that doesn't mean it's because of racism. Blacks commit far more crime, and even black police have said they expect more crime to happen from young black men. Young men in general are the highest demographic to commit crime, but it's even higher in young black men. It's called judging the probabilities -- not racism.
I dont think black people are preconditioned to be more violent than white people. A lot of that crime is due to circumstance. Not excusing crime fwiw.

It ties back to numerous aspects of those communities. High rate of single mothers. High rate of the drug trade and gang activity. Lack of quality education (which can tie in to systemic racism via property taxes funding public education).

Bottom line: i realize it is a fact that black people commit more crime relative to % of population (and we can obviously discuss the complex reasons behind that)....but i do not think it is because the black race is somehow naturally more violent than white people. There are dangerous areas that are predominantly white as well...the thing they have in common is being low income type areas.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Exactly. It's a product of family environment, further made worse by the government welfare state and other things that are not helping. I disagree that systemic racism is because of a "lack of quality education". That's rather just the consequences of what I mentioned in the previous sentence. Asians have been able to get their children into good schools.

There are some people in the world that believe blacks are "less intelligent" than other races based on their genes. I am not one of those people and believe those people are idiots and racist.