Baby gifts

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Baby gifts

Post by ousdahl »

did we talk about this one already?

so one of my besties is about to pop out a kiddo.

They asked to not get boring stuff like clothes.

the dude's a huge stoner, so I thought it would be funny to gift his kid a bong.

baby's first bong!
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Baby gifts

Post by jfish26 »

What's your budget? And you you get the sense that your bud has a good line on hand-me-down clothes and basics like diapers, bibs, etc.?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

they said they don't want that kinda stuff.

so I was gonna go for some goofy gag gift.

like a bong.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

No clothes makes it tougher.

How about one of these things?

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Man they may say not to do boring stuff, but as a parent, nothing and I mean NOTHING beats free diapers.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:19 am they said they don't want that kinda stuff.

so I was gonna go for some goofy gag gift.

like a bong.
Sooo why are you asking? Seems you dont want input and have your mond made up.

They may claim not to want boring stuff. But man....buying boring stuff adds up and is infinitely more useful than some gag gift that theyre gonna throw away in 2 months.

Youre buddy may not know it yet, i certainly didn't.....but, he's gonna be way more thankful for boring stuff at some point.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

My mind’s not made up.

A bong’s not gonna get thrown away in 2 months. I mean a baby won even be able to appreciate it until he’s at least like 8.

Gutter winning the thread so far.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

The guy's a stoner, what does he know. Get them a blanket with the kid's name embroidered on it.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, they’re both bonkers.

He’s a horny stoner who was just glad his wife was dtf 3 times in the same week. She’s a wet blanket debbie downer who mostly just wants to keep up with the joneses cuz she’s jealous of all her girlfriends having kids.

It hasn’t apparently occurred to either of them that they’re about to be responsible for a miniature human being for the next 18 years. Frankly, I feel sorry for the kid.

Much like with their neurotic dog, I’ll prob be the most positive influence in the child’s life.

Scary thought, right? Until you realize I’ll have the kid sitting and shaking and rolling over by 10 months old
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

You wont if you get him a bong
Just Ledoux it
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Like 99 says, get them a baby security blankie--the kind with the toy attached. This child will need it, from what you say. One grandson carried just the ribbon edging around for long after babyhood.

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-28686 ... lsrc=aw.ds
Don't inject Lysol.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Your best investment would be a one year retainer on a quality babysitter.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Get it what every newborn should get...…

...a dirt bike!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

defixione wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:01 pm Your best investment would be a one year retainer on a quality babysitter.
Whoa whoa whoa. I think you need a credit score for a commitment that big.

(Seriously, babysitters now make more per hour than I did until I interned at a commercial bank during college.)
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:53 pm
defixione wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:01 pm Your best investment would be a one year retainer on a quality babysitter.

(Seriously, babysitters now make more per hour than I did until I interned at a commercial bank during college.)
Okay. Maybe it should start and cover the last 4 months of the first year of their parenting. I was fortunate to have both inlaws and parental units close enough to help us out.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

defixione wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:16 pm

Okay. Maybe it should start and cover the last 4 months of the first year of their parenting. I was fortunate to have both inlaws and parental units close enough to help us out.
Likewise, thank god. We've only had to venture into babysitter-land with my mom sidelined (DNP-pandemic).
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

defixione wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:16 pm

If im turning a shade of red, don't worry its not anger...its just jealousy.

Wont go into details here but....we have 2 kids under 3 and have had a babysitter for 4 hrs on One night total to get away. Its been a stressful few years haha. At least I have work to "get away"....if get away you mean be a carpenter. I think my wife is going insane haha, but, shes a strong woman even if she doesn't give herself enoigh credit for it.

We knew, kind of, what we were gettinf into so Im not going to complain. But, i still might get a bit jealous. Hahah
Just Ledoux it
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Diapers.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

We had our son when I turned 49 and I was starting a business, fresh out of graduate school. My wife is an accomplished artist and the visual merchandiser at Weaver's for the last 28 years. We had no idea how our lives would be affected--my wife had to put her art career on hold for 10 years. A big shout out to my mil and M & D.