GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Geezer

Re: COVID-19 numbers

Post by Geezer »

Regular people???
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Folks
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

A lot of folks are still awful dismissive
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Salvy!!!!!!
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

As many of you may know, my sister n law got Covid back in early-mid March. She has asthma, but was lucky enough to fight it off at home after a 2+ week battle of fever, cough, and other various symptoms. We had wondered where she potentially got it? Well, today my Brother n law found out he tested positive for the antibodies. He was sick back in late-February, kind of before all of this corona shit hit the fan, so we all thought it was just the flu... Fortunately we are ok, as he came by our house when my son was 1-week old at the end of February and at the time he was just then feeling better enough to come see the baby. He was only here for about 10-15 minutes and kept his distance. Phew!
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

At least all of you are well. Wow.
Don't inject Lysol.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^ for real!

I wonder if we’ll ever have any better understanding of just how early the Rona really made landfall in the US...
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

One of my friends just got out of the hospital, almost a week in intensive care.
He is in good shape, doesnt smoke, and took precautions.

His entire family tested positive.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

So now the Trump administration is requiring that all COVID hospital data be rerouted to the HHS instead of the CDC. Gee, I wonder what manipulation and delay of the data is about to happen?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I suppose hiding all the numbers is one way to make a virus "sort of just disappear, I hope"
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Meh. I don't think he will be able to "hide" them. And tbh for most of us it is our local numbers that are the most important to pay attention to. Those numbers are released daily by our state health departments so it should be easy enough to catch him up when/if he tries to lie about the numbers (more/again/as usual). Our media is pretty good at catching him up in his lies, this wont be any different.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I guess what's galling, and depressing, is that this was going to be a tough motherfucker to get ahead of and beat in any case.

There are tens, and eventually will be hundreds, of thousands of lives lost because the administration is diverting time, energy and resources toward ultimately fruitless efforts to minimize and obfuscate the severity of the situation.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

sdoyel wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:39 pm As many of you may know, my sister n law got Covid back in early-mid March. She has asthma, but was lucky enough to fight it off at home after a 2+ week battle of fever, cough, and other various symptoms. We had wondered where she potentially got it? Well, today my Brother n law found out he tested positive for the antibodies. He was sick back in late-February, kind of before all of this corona shit hit the fan, so we all thought it was just the flu... Fortunately we are ok, as he came by our house when my son was 1-week old at the end of February and at the time he was just then feeling better enough to come see the baby. He was only here for about 10-15 minutes and kept his distance. Phew!
We have a housekeeper that comes every couple of weeks. We just got a text from her saying she fell ill over the weekend, then tested positive for the virus. Luckily, she hasn't been to our house since June 23rd....

So... That's THREE PEOPLE who have been IN MY HOUSE that have got Covid. JFC!
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

I know 6 people now that have been hospitalized for Covid.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

17 states and the military reported at least 1000 new cases today.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:16 pm Meh. I don't think he will be able to "hide" them. And tbh for most of us it is our local numbers that are the most important to pay attention to. Those numbers are released daily by our state health departments so it should be easy enough to catch him up when/if he tries to lie about the numbers (more/again/as usual). Our media is pretty good at catching him up in his lies, this wont be any different.
Really well said. The left wing hysteria on this is kinda ignorant.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

You think the White House still retains some credibility?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Mjl wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:59 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:16 pm Meh. I don't think he will be able to "hide" them. And tbh for most of us it is our local numbers that are the most important to pay attention to. Those numbers are released daily by our state health departments so it should be easy enough to catch him up when/if he tries to lie about the numbers (more/again/as usual). Our media is pretty good at catching him up in his lies, this wont be any different.
Really well said. The left wing hysteria on this is kinda ignorant.
No hysterics, just concern. There is no logical, sensible reason for this to be done.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

He can't contain leaks from his small white house staff that he hand picks. You think he is going to be able to contain leaks from all the HHS dept (i am sure they are all super conservative LOL)? No chance. He literally is unable to get away with barely anything when it comes to his lies. This will be so easy to double check and call out the lies if/when they happen.