Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
Deleted User 289

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Gutter, some of us don't need a recent university "study" to know how this covid virus spreads. Again, it spreads by breath and by people being close to one another. Those idiots that were protesting spread it to other protesters and then brought it home to the people who did not protest. That is part of the reason why we are seeing huge spikes in places like LA, etc. You can believe what you want and deny science -- I don't really care.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:53 pm Gutter, some of us don't need a recent university "study" to know how this covid virus spreads. Again, it spreads by breath and by people being close to one another. Those idiots that were protesting spread it to other protesters and then brought it home to the people who did not protest. That is part of the reason why we are seeing huge spikes in places like LA, etc. You can believe what you want and deny science -- I don't really care.
It is a small part because the number of non-mask wearing people who attended protests for the week to two weeks they went on in most cases pales in comparison to the number of non-mask wearing people who have gone out to large group events, stores, bars, restaurants etc... in those cities since things started opening up more than two months ago in early May.
Deleted User 289

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:53 pm Gutter, some of us don't need a recent university "study" to know how this covid virus spreads. Again, it spreads by breath and by people being close to one another. Those idiots that were protesting spread it to other protesters and then brought it home to the people who did not protest. That is part of the reason why we are seeing huge spikes in places like LA, etc. You can believe what you want and deny science -- I don't really care.
Serious question. Which one of us is permanently brain dead from smoking weed? It very well might be me because I am having a really difficult time trying to figure out why you keep referring to a university study.

I am NOT someone who has EVER said that I felt people protesting did NOT spread the virus.
I have said AT TIMES some/many people protesting were very cognizant of following "guidelines".

I AM someone who believes SOME people who protested probably did spread the virus.
Just as I believe some people who drank in a bar in Florida or any other state probably spread the virus.
Why are you not referring to them as "idiots"?

I am not someone who "denies science".
When have I ever said or even implied I do?

The one thing you said that deserved a response from me was - "Those idiots who were protesting".
I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of my telling you to go fuck yourself.
Instead I'll simply say, you out yourself when you say that.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Gutter, those people in Florida were idiots too. Are you happy now? I think most of Americans were idiots in how they handled the virus. We could learn from Japan.

I'm at least glad to read that you acknowledge reality and that you know like I do that the protests spread the virus, unlike some on here who think the "news reports the news". The news is also telling us that "now is good time to buy a home". I feel bad for those who never were taught to challenge authority or the media.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 289

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:07 pm Gutter, those people in Florida were idiots too. Are you happy now? I think most of Americans were idiots in how they handled the virus. We could learn from Japan.

I'm at least glad to read that you acknowledge reality and that you know like I do that the protests spread the virus, unlike some on here who think the "news reports the news". The news is also telling us that "now is good time to buy a home". I feel bad for those who never were taught to challenge authority or the media.
I don't usually respectfully respond to you but I'll respectfully say, I feel most of Americans didn't know how to handle the virus - at first. To me it's understandable (and perhaps even forgivable) that people were idiots - because they were being told many contradictory things. My hope was common sense would kick in. There have been many stages and ways people have handled themselves and the virus the past 6 months - including but not limited to ignorance, paranoia, and negligence.
I agree with you 100% that we could learn from Japan but I also feel NO country has handled this perfectly.

My biggest dilemma these past 6 months has been what do I care about, why do I care, what if anything can I do about it, and if I can do something about it - should I do anything about it.
That applies to so many things in regards to the virus and how it's affected me and others.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

That's interesting how Lincoln Project is helping RVAT - seems like they would be competing for the same dollars. The cynical part of me thinks this is the Lincoln Project trying to take credit from Kristol/Murphy/et. al. Non-cynical side says it shows they really care about their cause.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Grandma wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:36 pm
Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:07 pm Gutter, those people in Florida were idiots too. Are you happy now? I think most of Americans were idiots in how they handled the virus. We could learn from Japan.

I don't usually respectfully respond to you but I'll respectfully say, I feel most of Americans didn't know how to handle the virus - at first. To me it's understandable (and perhaps even forgivable) that people were idiots - because they were being told many contradictory things. My hope was common sense would kick in. There have been many stages and ways people have handled themselves and the virus the past 6 months - including but not limited to ignorance, paranoia, and negligence.
I agree with you 100% that we could learn from Japan but I also feel NO country has handled this perfectly.

My biggest dilemma these past 6 months has been what do I care about, why do I care, what if anything can I do about it, and if I can do something about it - should I do anything about it.
That applies to so many things in regards to the virus and how it's affected me and others.
The basic problem is that America is more individual country and other places like Japan are more collective. As a result, Americans value their freedom so much that it can go too far. Don't get me wrong, it's an extremely important part of America. However, it just shows that sometimes it's not always best to put freedom above all else in every kind of context. We learned this the hard way. Had we really locked down in January for a full month, we likely would have had a much better situation. Japan really locked down and they are in a much better position than we are. Sometimes you have to put your ideals aside for the sake of reality, and America did not do that. We're in a real mess now where some want to lock down and other don't, and we've had protesters and rioters which makes things much worse.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

love him and his brother.
Deleted User 289

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:18 am
love him and his brother.
I appreciate them for entertainment purposes but you should be honest with yourself.
They are both assholes.
Deleted User 289

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Now is a great time to buy a home or a car if you have a good down payment and reliable income. Rates are insanely low.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:11 pm
Grandma wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:36 pm

The basic problem is that America is more individual country and other places like Japan are more collective. As a result, Americans value their freedom so much that it can go too far. Don't get me wrong, it's an extremely important part of America. However, it just shows that sometimes it's not always best to put freedom above all else in every kind of context. We learned this the hard way. Had we really locked down in January for a full month, we likely would have had a much better situation. Japan really locked down and they are in a much better position than we are. Sometimes you have to put your ideals aside for the sake of reality, and America did not do that. We're in a real mess now where some want to lock down and other don't, and we've had protesters and rioters which makes things much worse.
We just need to remember that we are both individuals and members of communities. We bind ourselves to certain agreements when we join a community. We agree to allow others to set public safety standards such as speed limits on our streets and now mask regulations in public spaces. I may want to drive 100 mph everywhere I go and I may very well pull it off several times without getting injured or hurting anyone else but that ability does not mean that it is my right to speed as I please.

Ultimately, we sacrifice some individual freedoms to enjoy the benefits of the communities we decide to join and agree to participate in.
Deleted User 289

twocoach wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:40 am

Now is a great time to buy a home or a car if you have a good down payment and reliable income. Rates are insanely low.
"and reliable income". BINGO!

Problem is how many of us know how "reliable" our income is going to be in the near, mid, and distant future? None of us can perfectly predict the future but I would be really apprehensive to purchase something I know I would have a difficult time paying for if I were to lose my job.

I have a co-worker who is a lovely and sweet woman but she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
She doesn't have much money and she bragged about buying a new car back in early March.
She even admitted that the payments will affect her to the point where she will have to cut out a couple of things in her life that she enjoys doing/buying.
I told several other co-workers in early/mid March that if the virus hits hard, she might be majorly fucked because we would have inevitable layoffs and she's not going to find another job too easily.
Then how what is she going to have to cut out of her life? I suppose she wouldn't be too fucked being that she could probably sell the car - but of course she would take a loss.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Grandma wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:07 am

"and reliable income". BINGO!

Problem is how many of us know how "reliable" our income is going to be in the near, mid, and distant future? None of us can perfectly predict the future but I would be really apprehensive to purchase something I know I would have a difficult time paying for if I were to lose my job.

I have a co-worker who is a lovely and sweet woman but she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
She doesn't have much money and she bragged about buying a new car back in early March.
She even admitted that the payments will affect her to the point where she will have to cut out a couple of things in her life that she enjoys doing/buying.
I told several other co-workers in early/mid March that if the virus hits hard, she might be majorly fucked because we would have inevitable layoffs and she's not going to find another job too easily.
Then how what is she going to have to cut out of her life? I suppose she wouldn't be too fucked being that she could probably sell the car - but of course she would take a loss.
Our country has long had a problem with using too much home or car than they can afford because they "want it" but don't want to wait to save enough to have a down payment large enough to make the payments fit in their budget. But I am not interested in being called tone deaf etc... so I'll stay away from that in any more detail.

As I said "if you have a good down payment and reliable income" rates are good. If you don't then don't buy anything.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

we didn't talk about this more yet but WTF is up with the Goya plugs?

now potus and his cabinet are using the office to promote beans?
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Honestly if you are financing a car then it is never truly a good time to buy a car. And this coming from somone who has a payment on 1 of our 2 family vehicles. In a ideal sitation you would just pay cash for a car. They depreciate too fast to be financing (in theory).

Home rates are definitely low....but they have been that way for a few years. If home values in your area are stagnate or falling then that offsets a little bit of the attractive rates.