Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:09 am we didn't talk about this more yet but WTF is up with the Goya plugs?

now potus and his cabinet are using the office to promote beans?
I tend to side with the theory that such stupid and obvious lawbreaking is intended to start a brushfire that distracts from 136,000 dead Americans with no end in sight and also Russia is paying bounties on our troops' head and hacking vaccine-makers, in each case with impunity.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:09 am we didn't talk about this more yet but WTF is up with the Goya plugs?

Goya guy got slammed for saying nice things about the president so he is showing a little love and trolling his haters. Petty and childish, so basically par for the course.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Prices here have gone up since March. Lol.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:17 am

Goya guy got slammed for saying nice things about the president so he is showing a little love and trolling his haters. Petty and childish, so basically par for the course.
Serious question.
Is Trump hawking Goya a good thing for Goya or a bad thing for Goya? I honestly don't know.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:13 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:40 am
Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:07 pm Gutter, those people in Florida were idiots too. Are you happy now? I think most of Americans were idiots in how they handled the virus. We could learn from Japan.

I'm at least glad to read that you acknowledge reality and that you know like I do that the protests spread the virus, unlike some on here who think the "news reports the news". The news is also telling us that "now is good time to buy a home". I feel bad for those who never were taught to challenge authority or the media.
Now is a great time to buy a home or a car if you have a good down payment and reliable income. Rates are insanely low.
Honestly if you are financing a car then it is never truly a good time to buy a car. And this coming from somone who has a payment on 1 of our 2 family vehicles. In a ideal sitation you would just pay cash for a car. They depreciate too fast to be financing (in theory).

Home rates are definitely low....but they have been that way for a few years. If home values in your area are stagnate or falling then that offsets a little bit of the attractive rates.
Not necessarily true. If your block of cash would earn you more as an investment than you'd pay in interest over that same amount of time then you've lost money on paying all cash up front. But for most, chasing a few extra bucks in possible investment gains isn't worth the time expense and risk.
Deleted User 310

Grandma wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:51 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:17 am

Serious question.
Is Trump hawking Goya a good thing for Goya or a bad thing for Goya? I honestly don't know.
Little bit of both i am sure. Cant be worse than the reaction after the goya guy praised trump.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:02 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:13 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:40 am
Now is a great time to buy a home or a car if you have a good down payment and reliable income. Rates are insanely low.
Honestly if you are financing a car then it is never truly a good time to buy a car. And this coming from somone who has a payment on 1 of our 2 family vehicles. In a ideal sitation you would just pay cash for a car. They depreciate too fast to be financing (in theory).

Home rates are definitely low....but they have been that way for a few years. If home values in your area are stagnate or falling then that offsets a little bit of the attractive rates.
Not necessarily true. If your block of cash would earn you more as an investment than you'd pay in interest over that same amount of time then you've lost money on paying all cash up front. But for most, chasing a few extra bucks in possible investment gains isn't worth the time expense and risk.
I am assuming you are talking about cars....i think you are ignoring a few things: cars depreciate at an extreme rate, there are costs associated with most investments, there are taxes on gains associated with most investments....i think you would have a hard time making the math workout to support the theory that you should finance your car (rather than purchase outright) and then invest the money instead.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Now is NOT a good time to buy a home if you are looking to buy in a cyclical market (San Fran, Denver, Seattle, LA, etc.). Home prices are going to decline just like they did in 2009-12. Barrons is already projecting that Las Vegas homes will fall 20% in 2021. It might even be worse than that in reality.

If you are looking to buy in a linear market (like Kansas), it could be a good time to buy if the price is right. I personally would wait until 2021 because it would be wiser. Interest rates will likely be even lower in 2021, and prices could come down a little as people continue to lose their jobs.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Gqcolorado wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:29 am Prices here have gone up since March. Lol.
Once the forbearance ends and foreclosures begin to flood the markets, you will see a more accurate picture of the housing crisis that is coming. This whole country in so many ways, is being held up by temporary bandaids, and it's going to be a rough ride when they come off.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:14 pm Now is NOT a good time to buy a home if you are looking to buy in a cyclical market (San Fran, Denver, Seattle, LA, etc.). Home prices are going to decline just like they did in 2009-12. Barrons is already projecting that Las Vegas homes will fall 20% in 2021. It might even be worse than that in reality.

If you are looking to buy in a linear market (like Kansas), it could be a good time to buy if the price is right. I personally would wait until 2021 because it would be wiser. Interest rates will likely be even lower in 2021, and prices could come down a little as people continue to lose their jobs.
Well I can't buy another house for a long time so I am not particularly worried about either. In general, I wish people who finance cars and homes waited longer to save money for larger down payments to put themselves at less risk. But whatever.
Deleted User 141

The can is being kicked down the road for sure.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Gqcolorado wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:29 am Prices here have gone up since March. Lol.
Here as well. This school district seems to be pretty recession proof in the 18 years I have been in it. Colorado real estate in the ski towns is still growing outrageously.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1283839301734801410

If this is what they say and do in an election year, is anything off the table during a lame-duck second term?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I feel a little sorry for the veteran White House reporters that have to listen to this bullshit day after day.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Geezer wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:24 pm I feel a little sorry for the veteran White House reporters that have to listen to this bullshit day after day.
Including my bud and KU J-School grad, and now White House Correspondent for McClatchy, Francesca Chambers.

https://whca.press/officer/francesca-chambers/
Deleted User 289

Deleted User 289

Deleted User 289

Deleted User 141

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:16 pm https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1283839301734801410

If this is what they say and do in an election year, is anything off the table during a lame-duck second term?
This was a disgusting clip job on the quote. I don’t really buy the argument listening to the entire reply, but for him to clip this in such a way is nasty.

https://twitter.com/jdiamond1/status/12 ... 36608?s=21
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

I don't really see where it was inaccurate.