George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Ugh.
Deleted User 318

Re: George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Post by Deleted User 318 »

270 is the obvious number 1 goal, however there needs to be running up the score as much as possible, especially in Colorado, Maine, Arizona, North Carolina, Montana, and maybe even Kansas and Kentucky. It can't just be exciting some of the states that Trump won, but getting turnout for down-ballot races across the board.
Deleted User 318

Holy Cow, the Little Green Men's authority is that B.S. EO signed to protect statues. Also Chad Wolf refusing to remove the officers.

https://www.motherjones.com/crime-justi ... f-statues/
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NiceDC wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:45 pm 270 is the obvious number 1 goal, however there needs to be running up the score as much as possible, especially in Colorado, Maine, Arizona, North Carolina, Montana, and maybe even Kansas and Kentucky. It can't just be exciting some of the states that Trump won, but getting turnout for down-ballot races across the board.
1. The more EC daylight Biden can put between he and Trump, the stupider it will be to challenge the results; and

2. If anything, Trump would wail louder in the case of a landslide, because VOTER FRAUD could be the only explanation.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NiceDC wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:50 pm Holy Cow, the Little Green Men's authority is that B.S. EO signed to protect statues. Also Chad Wolf refusing to remove the officers.

https://www.motherjones.com/crime-justi ... f-statues/
The Border Patrol, called to that famed border town of...Portland, Oregon.
Deleted User 318

TBF, it does border Washington. But I would bet dollars to donuts that Trump couldn't pick out Portland on the map, or tell you what the capital of Oregon is.

But I'm most outraged they are using rented minivans. Can't we get some black SUVs, or at the very least, a nice sedan to illegally detain these protesters instead of the same minivan Becky's mom had to rent to take the soccer team up to Tacoma for that tournament?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NiceDC wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:00 pm TBF, it does border Washington. But I would bet dollars to donuts that Trump couldn't pick out Portland on the map, or tell you what the capital of Oregon is.

But I'm most outraged they are using rented minivans. Can't we get some black SUVs, or at the very least, a nice sedan to illegally detain these protesters instead of the same minivan Becky's mom had to rent to take the soccer team up to Tacoma for that tournament?
Trump seems like an "oar-a-GONE" guy.
Deleted User 318

jfish26 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:08 pm
NiceDC wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:00 pm TBF, it does border Washington. But I would bet dollars to donuts that Trump couldn't pick out Portland on the map, or tell you what the capital of Oregon is.

Trump seems like an "oar-a-GONE" guy.
Probably closer to ore-AHHHH-gone

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WisjXBWvo_g
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Wow. Here's a blow to the idea that University studies are honest.

"The Michigan State University administration pressured professor Stephen Hsu to resign from his position as vice president of research and innovation because he touted research that found police are not more likely to shoot black Americans. The study found: "The race of a police officer did not predict the race of the citizen shot. In other words, black officers were just as likely to shoot black citizens as white officers were." For political reasons, the authors of the study sought its retraction."

""Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them."-George Orwell

https://townhall.com/columnists/waltere ... s-n2572402
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Finally, a protester I don't mind watching. (Not safe for work)

https://nationalpost.com/news/protester ... vulnerable
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Walrus wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:02 pm Wow. Here's a blow to the idea that University studies are honest.

"The Michigan State University administration pressured professor Stephen Hsu to resign from his position as vice president of research and innovation because he touted research that found police are not more likely to shoot black Americans. The study found: "The race of a police officer did not predict the race of the citizen shot. In other words, black officers were just as likely to shoot black citizens as white officers were." For political reasons, the authors of the study sought its retraction."

""Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them."-George Orwell

https://townhall.com/columnists/waltere ... s-n2572402
Too much blame for strong arm tactics against perpetrators by the police. Many times when police are trying to apprehend someone the subject is resisting arrest, running away, and/or otherwise somehow tangling with and/or not obeying them. Come on now people, stop resisting and respect the uniform.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

dolomite wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:46 pm
Too much blame for strong arm tactics against perpetrators by the police. Many times when police are trying to apprehend someone the subject is resisting arrest, running away, and/or otherwise somehow tangling with and/or not obeying them. Come on now people, stop resisting and respect the uniform.
You would think that would be common sense, but we are living a world like George Orwell predicted.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Might sound ignorant here..or out of the loop.

But. Why is "All lives matter" racist? What did i miss somewhere along the way?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I can only speak for myself.
All lives matter is only racist if it's intended to be racist - and some people intend it to be racist.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:50 am Might sound ignorant here..or out of the loop.

But. Why is "All lives matter" racist? What did i miss somewhere along the way?
One of the better explanations around:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBRXyTXB_C- ... r10mdy8gyl
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Hmm. I dunno. That seems like the person without the meat being a whiny kid. My dad woulda whopped that kids butt if he interrupted dinner with that nonsense.

Theres either gotta be a better analogy or this is gutter is right.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wow.

So to apply the analogy back to BLM, all this “black lives matter” is just whiny nonsense that warrants a butt whopping?

Thanks, lobster.