Weather

Coffee talk.
PhDhawk

Re: Weather

Post by PhDhawk »

Yeah, you're screwed.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Yous guys nailed it
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Rain and 72 here.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I'm looking out my windows. To the northwest, it looks like what could possibly be a tornado forming. To the west - looks like what could be a tornado forming.
Meanwhile, on the lake I see two boats. WTF?

Weather Alerts-Chicago, IL
Severe Thunderstorm Warning until FRI 7:30 PM CDT
1 of 6
Action Recommended
Take shelter in place or per instructions
Issued By
Chicago - IL, US, National Weather Service
Affected Area
Cook County
Description
...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 730 PM CDT FOR NORTHEASTERN DUPAGE AND NORTHEASTERN COOK COUNTIES...

At 706 PM CDT, severe thunderstorms were located along a line extending from Skokie to Bellwood, moving east at 40 mph.

HAZARD...70 mph wind gusts.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Expect considerable tree damage. Damage is likely to mobile homes, roofs, and outbuildings.

These severe storms will be near... Evanston, Skokie and Wilmette around 710 PM CDT. Chicago, Cicero, Stickney and Rogers Park around 715 PM CDT. Douglas Park, Humboldt Park, Logan Square and Englewood around 720 PM CDT. Northerly Island, Navy Pier, Lincoln Park, Bridgeport and Lakeview around 725 PM CDT. Hyde Park around 730 PM CDT.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Prepare immediately for damaging winds. People outside should move to a shelter, inside a strong building and away from windows.

HAIL...<.75IN; WIND...70MPH;

OEMC zones...SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING.; 1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10...and 11.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Grandma wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:18 pm I'm looking out my windows. To the northwest, it looks like what could possibly be a tornado forming. To the west - looks like what could be a tornado forming.
Meanwhile, on the lake I see two boats. WTF?

Weather Alerts-Chicago, IL
Severe Thunderstorm Warning until FRI 7:30 PM CDT
1 of 6
Action Recommended
Take shelter in place or per instructions
Issued By
Chicago - IL, US, National Weather Service
Affected Area
Cook County
Description
...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 730 PM CDT FOR NORTHEASTERN DUPAGE AND NORTHEASTERN COOK COUNTIES...

At 706 PM CDT, severe thunderstorms were located along a line extending from Skokie to Bellwood, moving east at 40 mph.

HAZARD...70 mph wind gusts.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Expect considerable tree damage. Damage is likely to mobile homes, roofs, and outbuildings.

These severe storms will be near... Evanston, Skokie and Wilmette around 710 PM CDT. Chicago, Cicero, Stickney and Rogers Park around 715 PM CDT. Douglas Park, Humboldt Park, Logan Square and Englewood around 720 PM CDT. Northerly Island, Navy Pier, Lincoln Park, Bridgeport and Lakeview around 725 PM CDT. Hyde Park around 730 PM CDT.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Prepare immediately for damaging winds. People outside should move to a shelter, inside a strong building and away from windows.

HAIL...<.75IN; WIND...70MPH;

OEMC zones...SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING.; 1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10...and 11.
It sucks. The wife and I took off work today to do some biking. Had to come up with a plan B.
Deleted User 289

Probably hit you pretty hard about an hour ago. Was bad in the city for about 20 minutes. Sky is very eerie right now. Have a mix of yellow and orange (due to sunset) to the northwest and dark gray, purple, almost black (due to storm) to the southeast. Cross winds right now.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

90 Freakin deegrees and sunny here. Then hard rain for like 30 seconds. Sun is back out and it's steamin up again.
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Been so damn humid in my neck of the woods I moved a hose from side of house to the other, and I was completely drenched in sweat by the time I made the trek over.

It's been insane.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dang.

Haven’t hit 80 all summer here. There was a couple weeks in June we thought it was gonna be a hot summer, but now we’ve been consistently getting clouds/maybe some rainstorms in the afternoon, and genuinely chilly evenings. I had to put the comforter back on my bed cuz I was getting cold at night with just a quilt.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

thekid6
Contributor

Post by thekid6 »

Record high AND low today in Alamosa, Colorado:

https://www.9news.com/article/weather/w ... f95291032e
Don't give up, don't ever give up. -Jimmy V
Deleted User 289

6:30am 7/19/20

Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Cool stuff. I've tried to get a picture of lightning, never done it on the cell phone.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Looks like a good day to go boating.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Cool pics gutter.

That doesn't look like the part of chicago I drove through on my way to indiana. Haha
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

What camera trigger?
shindig

Post by shindig »

Cool pics gutter, is that from your apartment or condo? It's been so freaking muggy here in KC, it's sucks just going out to do simple things. I mowed my front yard this morning around 9:30, and my shirt was completely soaked, and it's a 15 minute job. I need to order some midriff mesh shirts...lol
Deleted User 289

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:12 am Cool stuff. I've tried to get a picture of lightning, never done it on the cell phone.
Keep trying. I'm not much more skilled than a monkey and I am able to do it. Of course Mother Nature has to cooperate.
Deleted User 289

Gqcolorado wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:21 am Looks like a good day to go boating.
Finally kind of clearing up. Now it's not a bad day to be on a boat.
Deleted User 289

TDub wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:10 am Cool pics gutter.

That doesn't look like the part of chicago I drove through on my way to indiana. Haha
It's looking north - the opposite way of Indiana.
I don't have a view of Indiana but I can go up on my rooftop and see Indiana - clearly.