COVID-19 numbers

Coffee talk.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 numbers

Post by jfish26 »

shindig wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:32 pm
Geezer wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:53 pm And the worst that could happen....
If I don't go? I miss out on a KC Strip and beer butt chicken dammit. But I obviously don't want to get anyone sick with whatever crud I have.
That's some cookout.
shindig

Post by shindig »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:51 pm
shindig wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:32 pm
Geezer wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:53 pm And the worst that could happen....
If I don't go? I miss out on a KC Strip and beer butt chicken dammit. But I obviously don't want to get anyone sick with whatever crud I have.
That's some cookout.
Yep. I blame my boxer. He had diarrhea last weekend, probably something he picked up at doggy day care...maybe I picked up something from him. He's fine now, little stinker, just like kids...lol.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

He doesn't realize that many people watch just for the "witnessing a train wreck in slow motion" aspect.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

It's entertainment?
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

In the history of cable television, as if this is all just another episode of The Apprentice.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:27 pm It's entertainment?
Of a certain sort:

Pence will tell us how President Trump showed amazing leadership from day 1.

Trump will pound his chest about how he closed travel from China, even though everyone was against it. He will also claim to know more that anyone else about 2-3 subjects.

Dr Birx will puke out whatever Trump wants to hear.

Faucci will either not be there, or cringe visibly every 3-4 minutes.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:40 pm
Of a certain sort:

Trump will pound his chest about how he closed travel from China, even though everyone was against it. He will also claim to know more that anyone else about 2-3 subjects.

Even though he didn't actually close travel from China.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Trump coronavirus briefings are potentially good.

In the trump world, it means he actually knows his numbers are dwindling and when he was on tv everyday actually leading (on screen) this ‘war’, he had better numbers.

In the world for most of us, it means we will be subjected (potentially) to daily whim changes he thinks will make him seem more powerful, and in charge. That, to me, is mostly bad bad bad when considering the source and said source’s apparent motivation.

Wait, I think the briefings will need to lead to a continuation of bad executive decisions, which may lead to a worse impact by Trump than a mostly hands off one has been.

Never mind, it seems more likely that Trump briefings are potentially bad.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:56 pm
Of a certain sort:

Are you referencing allowing american citizens to return home? Because i cant imagine you would be against that...
Deleted User 310

Of a certain sort:

pretty good analysis, sadly.

I was saddened to see Birx slowly start to bend over the months... at the beginning it seemed like her and fauci were doing a good job of helping keep us informed.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Doesn't he have some more battle spaces to dominate?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:17 pm

Of a certain sort:

Are you referencing allowing american citizens to return home? Because i cant imagine you would be against that...
Was it hard to read what I posted or are you having a hard time synching it up with one of your assumptions?

I am referencing Trump claiming that he shut down flights and the flow of people from China when he did not. Just as I stated.
Last edited by twocoach on Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Gqcolorado wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:13 pm Trump coronavirus briefings are potentially good.

In the trump world, it means he actually knows his numbers are dwindling and when he was on tv everyday actually leading (on screen) this ‘war’, he had better numbers.

In the world for most of us, it means we will be subjected (potentially) to daily whim changes he thinks will make him seem more powerful, and in charge. That, to me, is mostly bad bad bad when considering the source and said source’s apparent motivation.

Wait, I think the briefings will need to lead to a continuation of bad executive decisions, which may lead to a worse impact by Trump than a mostly hands off one has been.

Any time Trump opens his mouth when it comes to COVID, he loses votes. So I am all in favor of him speaking in an impromptu "speak from the gut" forum as many times as possible. Let him seal his own fate.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:38 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:17 pm
Was it hard to read what I posted or are you having a hard time synching it up with one of your assumptions?

I am referencing Trump claiming that he shut down flights and the flow of people from China when he did not. Just as I stated.
Yes there were exceptions to the "ban". Many of them were completely reasonable, don't you agree?

I guess I can't figure out what you wanted? Did you want a complete ban? No ban at all? Or just critisizing his wording for the hell of it?

As plano said, many of his opposers were against any travel restrictions iirc.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:40 pm
Gqcolorado wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:13 pm Trump coronavirus briefings are potentially good.

Any time Trump opens his mouth when it comes to COVID, he loses votes. So I am all in favor of him speaking in an impromptu "speak from the gut" forum as many times as possible. Let him seal his own fate.
You lose me here....it doesnt help seal his fate, and even if it does help seal his fate it does so at the cost of real human lives being lost by our piss poor response. It helps create more confusion and dishonesty. Confusion you, I, and others here are furious about because it is contributing to a portion of our population not helping stop the spread and/or slow the spread.

You want him to say dumb shit so you can come here complain about him saying dumb shit, while simultaneously complaining that the problem isn't being fixed in part because he is saying dumb shit... i would rather he just not say dumb shit. I would rather we listen to/hear from doctors and scientists becuase politicians dont know shit about a medical emergency such as this pandemic.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Gov. Parson is the dumbest governor I’ve ever heard.
Deleted User 310

Leawood wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:21 pm Gov. Parson is the dumbest governor I’ve ever heard.
Georgia and Florida govs can give him a run for his money...
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I did enjoy your real estate opinion on a different thread. I previously derided you because you are in podunk Illinois, but your opinion is on point.
Deleted User 310

Leawood wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:55 pm I did enjoy your real estate opinion on a different thread. I previously derided you because you are in podunk Illinois, but your opinion is on point.
Is everything in IL considered podunk other than Chicago land? Because if not then i am definitely not from podunk. I live in the 6th largest city in IL iirc....although definitely surrounded by podunks for sure, which i guess is true for most everywhere south of chicago land area.