COVID-19 numbers

Coffee talk.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 numbers

Post by jhawks99 »

Leawood wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:21 pm Gov. Parson is the dumbest governor I’ve ever heard.
Matt Bevin says hi.
Defense. Rebounds.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

So your near the capital. My point was that you know about real estate and I apologize for belittling that. I’m trying to make nice
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Leawood wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:43 pm So your near the capital. My point was that you know about real estate and I apologize for belittling that. I’m trying to make nice
Oh i know. I wasnt being a smart ass intentionally. Yes i live in springfield (born and raised). It just seems like even springfield type cities are considered podunky by some, although in some instances/aspects i understand why. Especially when compared to places like chicago.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:12 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:40 pm
Gqcolorado wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:13 pm Trump coronavirus briefings are potentially good.

In the trump world, it means he actually knows his numbers are dwindling and when he was on tv everyday actually leading (on screen) this ‘war’, he had better numbers.

In the world for most of us, it means we will be subjected (potentially) to daily whim changes he thinks will make him seem more powerful, and in charge. That, to me, is mostly bad bad bad when considering the source and said source’s apparent motivation.

Wait, I think the briefings will need to lead to a continuation of bad executive decisions, which may lead to a worse impact by Trump than a mostly hands off one has been.

Never mind, it seems more likely that Trump briefings are potentially bad.
Any time Trump opens his mouth when it comes to COVID, he loses votes. So I am all in favor of him speaking in an impromptu "speak from the gut" forum as many times as possible. Let him seal his own fate.
You lose me here....it doesnt help seal his fate, and even if it does help seal his fate it does so at the cost of real human lives being lost by our piss poor response. It helps create more confusion and dishonesty. Confusion you, I, and others here are furious about because it is contributing to a portion of our population not helping stop the spread and/or slow the spread.

You want him to say dumb shit so you can come here complain about him saying dumb shit, while simultaneously complaining that the problem isn't being fixed in part because he is saying dumb shit... i would rather he just not say dumb shit. I would rather we listen to/hear from doctors and scientists becuase politicians dont know shit about a medical emergency such as this pandemic.
Trump has now worn a mask and is realizing that his reelection is doomed if he doesn't ditch his original idiotic tactic. And once the southern states face the real pressure of missing a season of SEC football and losing Congress, they'll follow suit.

No, I just want him to continue to say stupid shit to the press to keep him from being reelected. He is a danger to our nation and his 4 years have caused enough damage and killed enough people. We can't have 4 more years of this.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

The fact that you believe )I don’t necessarily disagree) that enough Americans could be so easily swayed by a last minute switch in personality, leadership, and whatever other type changes might occur is indicative of a much larger problem in the country, which many, if not all of us have witnessed in our local communities.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

https://www.axios.com/axios-ipsos-poll- ... yiNEe0bwJA

This is terrifying, especially as the numbers are likely under-reported right now. This level of skepticism is going to drive the pandemic well into 2021.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Gqcolorado wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:06 am The fact that you believe )I don’t necessarily disagree) that enough Americans could be so easily swayed by a last minute switch in personality, leadership, and whatever other type changes might occur is indicative of a much larger problem in the country, which many, if not all of us have witnessed in our local communities.
The number of mask wearers is slowly increasing in areas. The number of national retailers requiring maks in their store is increasing. Trump is finally reluctantly at least pretending like it's a good idea.

Certainly not saying these folks are " so easily swayed" but there is slow progress towards how it needs to be.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

You bitched when the man didn’t wear a mask. You’re bitching when he does.

If the stock market is up in November he will most likely be re-elected. That’s how awful jb is. He is so awful dt could get 4 more years.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Go take your boat out.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:43 am You bitched when the man didn’t wear a mask. You’re bitching when he does.

If the stock market is up in November he will most likely be re-elected. That’s how awful jb is. He is so awful dt could get 4 more years.
You are a victim of false equivalencies.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:43 am You bitched when the man didn’t wear a mask. You’re bitching when he does.

You've never explained what makes Biden so awful
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Mjl wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:22 pm

You've never explained what makes Biden so awful
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Alan Keyes Constant is 28%. Trump may drive his numbers below that. And Wall Street. Just loving that counter-factual investment strategy.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
shindig

Post by shindig »

Trumpf changes his stance today on COVID saying it might get worse if people don't wear masks, social distance and use exceptional hygiene....right as some States start to accept mail in ballots. Interesting.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Aw, making fun of Ron de Virus is really too, too easy.
Don't inject Lysol.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Is it just me or is just about every physician/medical professional who appears on most TV or radio program of Indian origin? I have observed this across a fairly wide variety of channels (except Fox). Is it that a majority of the prominent professionals of Indian origin or is that they are the ones willing to appear on programs? And these are not just from schlock institutions either.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

https://www.newsweek.com/nancy-pelosi-c ... ew-1519539

Classy. Lord dont call it the china virus though....(its not and you shouldn't but this is the same idoicy). I hate our politicians.

Whats DC thing. Burn it the fuck down? Yea im in.
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:48 pm https://www.newsweek.com/nancy-pelosi-c ... ew-1519539

Classy. Lord dont call it the china virus though....(its not and you shouldn't but this is the same idoicy). I hate our politicians.
It's not the same, that's a false equivalence. The collateral damage of one compared to the other is not even close to the same.

Not to mention, the buck stops with the President and the policies put and/or not put into place since the virus hit the states.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well if it did originate from China, which I think is all but confirmed, the collateral ( or actual depending on how you look at it ) damage of course is far more significant and deadly coming from China.

But that’s from a non politically driven perspective. Trump is using China and virus to divide. But so is Pelosi with Trump.