I am out

Coffee talk.
Walrus

Re: I am out

Post by Walrus »

pdub wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:21 am
Walrus/lobster is a looney toon - 80% of what he posts is garbage conspiracy theory - but I don't consider him a troll, a troll for me is posting with intent to agitate, I think he's just a bit warped and actually thinks he's spreading the truth. He's also not being openly offensive.
So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone.
2. Housing bubble 2.0 has burst: this one is already happening and I warned of it in the past
3. Jeffery Epstein was murdered: this is very likely true. The photos of his death did not resemble suicide.

That would make 33% of my postings conspiracy if you believe the 911 official story. :D
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Birds are robots.
The earth is flat.
Our government is run by the illuminati.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Systemic racism doesn’t exist.

If black folks think they got it bad, that’s their own fault.

And women? LOL women!
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

When you can define what systemic racism is, then I'll consider that it might exist.

We are telling blacks they are victims in society and that creates a terrible foundation that will result in a lot of lot of people playing the victim and blaming others for their failures. A lot of whites are creating this boogeyman of systemic racism because they don't have enough challenges or problems in their own life (they are really boring people).
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

OK, well, I may move this topic to Off Topic, or our secret bored, Cesspool.
Satellite Coords ain't havin this bullshit.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

We have a secret bored?

CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!
Defense. Rebounds.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

You're the one who said most of what I said was "conspiracy." I responded. You cannot post comments like that and expect nothing to happen.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:54 am When you can define what systemic racism is, then I'll consider that it might exist.
See, that's part of your problem. You're trying to push the discussion away as a semantics argument. The fact that you have a narrow definition of what defines racism is fine, but that doesn't change the fact that POC and particularly blacks disproportionately are born into poverty, grow up bad neighborhoods, have less access to good schools or economic opportunities, etc. You think by having a specific definition of what racism is, and therefore what constitutes it, somehow makes the problem go away and it doesn't.

When I lived in New Haven, segregation was a real severe problem. And it happened because of a time of descriminatory federal state and local laws and pracitices. This is undeniable. There were areas that were 99% black and for years those areas were disadvantaged in terms of public funding, policing, etc. Yes, we've made a ton of progress as a culture and a country to fix these codified laws and we should be proud of that. But changing those laws/practices doesn't immediately fix the problems. If there's a neighborhood that's been neglected and has bad schools, high crime, poverty, etc. and we start fairly distributing money...it's still way behind and will be going forward for a long time.

An individual can overcome those obstacles and there are all kinds of examples. But we're talking about tens of millions of people. You're smart enough to know that if you have a large sample size and you give one group a large financial/educational advantage and then track them out over time, there will be more successful individuals from the advantaged group...that's just statistics.

The fact that you attribute racial issues in our country as 'only a cultural problem' is ignorant and gross. Are there people who make everything about race or take racial issues too far? yes. But that doesn't mean that there aren't existing real issues. Are things (in general) getting better over decades in terms of race in the US? yes. But that doesn't mean everything's fixed.

And it varies by location. Growing up in the midwest I didn't see the impacts of decades of discriminatory laws the way I did when I moved to CT which had a much much longer history. You might have to accept that fact that racism in southern CA doesn't represent the situation in the rest of the country.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I was gonna give phd a POTD until the part at the end when he suggests lobster might have to accept facts.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Nothing in what you wrote defines what "systemic racism" is. It may define what racism is, but that's not the same thing. Systemic racism is a boogeyman for those who don't want to face reality.

Listen to what Ben Shapiro said yesterday on Joe Rogan. He addressed these issues and spoiler -- the solution was: 1. put a lot more police in the black communities, and 2. changes have to start within the family, just like I said. This stupid idea of "defunding police" is the exact opposite of what we need.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ben Shapiro sure talks fast.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Sorry, I posted this in the other thread because I thought this one was deleted.

This is for PhD. Great stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jTuBZ05jFI
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

pdub wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:28 pm Ben Shapiro sure talks fast.
He does, and it can be annoying sometimes. It's worth it though.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:23 pm Nothing in what you wrote defines what "systemic racism" is.
Because it's not important.

I didn't use systemic racism in my argument.

I would define systemic racism as racism that is accepted as normal within a culture or society or is codified by law.

Even if I were to accept that there is no systemic racism in 2020, that doesn't change the fact that we are a country built upon decades and decades of cultural racism and that we're still seeing the impact of it. That's undeniable. Slavery was legal until the civil war, segregation was codified law in much of the country until the 1960s. There are tons of examples of unfair housing practices, etc. that were in place even up to very recent years. These things are not up for debate, they're facts.

So, do a thought experiment. you have a town that you started in 1950 that was half white and half black. For the first several decades you have segregation and unfair housing practices, so that by the end of the 1990s you have 90% of the white people living in the east side of town, 85% of whom are home owners, and you ahve 90% of the black people living in the west side of town and 85% of them rent apartments as a result of unfair housing practices. Don't you think you're going to continue to see the negative effects that would have on the black population into the 2020s?

You are going on and on and on and on about the importance of buying a house. So you understand that a great deal of wealth can be obtained by being a home owner, you have equity in your home, you can borrow against if you need to, you can get a starter home and upgrade to a larger home after a few years, it provides stability, etc. and as a result it makes it easier to send kids to college, etc. On the other side you have those renting, have no equity, by definition are paying more than they should because they're landlord is inevitably going to want to make a profit, etc. etc.

So over time the children in the black families are less likely to go to college, never inherit a house to live in or to sell to start a small business, etc. As a result you see the negative impacts of systemic racism for generations even if you take the racism away.

And I think it's appalling that you don't think that historical racism is at least partly to blame for problems within black families. I mean, shit, for centuries black families were broken up because of the acts of slavery. How could you not think that would have a carry over effect?

I won't pretend to have the answers for how to solve all race-associated problems in our country, but I know that the exact wrong thing to do is to deny that they exist or pretend racism didn't exist or that it doesn't continue to exist.

Walrus

Post by Walrus »

The one irony in one of your statements was that you are claiming the black community in New Haven doesn't have enough police. Yet, the BLM rioters and democrats want to "defund the police." Are you saying you don't support this idea to "defund the police"?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:40 pm
Even if I were to accept that there is no systemic racism in 2020, that doesn't change the fact that we are a country built upon decades and decades of cultural racism and that we're still seeing the impact of it. That's undeniable. Slavery was legal until the civil war, segregation was codified law in much of the country until the 1960s. There are tons of examples of unfair housing practices, etc. that were in place even up to very recent years. These things are not up for debate, they're facts.
Again, watch the Tatum video. You won't listen to me, so maybe you'll listen to black former police officer.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I said they had disadvantage policing. Not that they didn't have enough police. My understanding is that they were overpoliced.

I'm not an advocate for defunding the police. But I am aware and have seen first hand that police aren't deployed fairly. And that's also a problem.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:46 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:40 pm
Again, watch the Tatum video. You won't listen to me, so maybe you'll listen to black former police officer.
I would listen to you. You don't say anything. You hide behind some youtube videos.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Sorry. Lobster your video is about oppression. I never used that word. Video doesn't apply to me.