I am out

Coffee talk.
ChalkRocker

Re: I am out

Post by ChalkRocker »

pdub wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:58 am OK, well, I may move this topic to Off Topic, or our secret bored, Cesspool.
Satellite Coords ain't havin this bullshit.
Kudos.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Walrus wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:23 pm Nothing in what you wrote defines what "systemic racism" is. It may define what racism is, but that's not the same thing. Systemic racism is a boogeyman for those who don't want to face reality.

Listen to what Ben Shapiro said yesterday on Joe Rogan. He addressed these issues and spoiler -- the solution was: 1. put a lot more police in the black communities, and 2. changes have to start within the family, just like I said. This stupid idea of "defunding police" is the exact opposite of what we need.
Every time you claim systemic racism doesn't exist you lose any and all credibility with me.
I would take the time to explain to you what it is and how it exists but frankly I don't think you give a damn. My guess is if I did take the time (like PhD did), you would do nothing more than post another Youtube video of someone with an agenda other than the topic they are discussing.
Just like you did in response to PhD.

Back to the new Royals Ball Park.....
I'll be dead by 2031 so I'll say to you now - I hope you kids enjoy it and there is a decent team that playing in it!
Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

All I've read so far are anecdotal experiences, but no real definition for what systemic racism is. No one here has defined it as "a country that is mostly racist and holds others back" because we all know that isn't true, yet that is what the BLM and far left are selling. The sad reality is, blacks (and all races) have far more opportunity today than ever before and the country is far less racist now than it ever has been. These last two points are facts. I don't care if you don't believe me or think I have no credibility -- that's not my purpose.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

“ blacks (and all races) have far more opportunity today than ever before and the country is far less racist now than it ever has been”

True.
but just because ksu basketball has won a couple big 12 championships recently doesn’t mean they are a good program.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Grandma wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:14 pm
Walrus wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:23 pm Nothing in what you wrote defines what "systemic racism" is. It may define what racism is, but that's not the same thing. Systemic racism is a boogeyman for those who don't want to face reality.

Listen to what Ben Shapiro said yesterday on Joe Rogan. He addressed these issues and spoiler -- the solution was: 1. put a lot more police in the black communities, and 2. changes have to start within the family, just like I said. This stupid idea of "defunding police" is the exact opposite of what we need.
Every time you claim systemic racism doesn't exist you lose any and all credibility with me.
I would take the time to explain to you what it is and how it exists but frankly I don't think you give a damn. My guess is if I did take the time (like PhD did), you would do nothing more than post another Youtube video of someone with an agenda other than the topic they are discussing.
Just like you did in response to PhD.

Back to the new Royals Ball Park.....
I'll be dead by 2031 so I'll say to you now - I hope you kids enjoy it and there is a decent team that playing in it!
Youll still be here gutman
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Walrus wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:20 pm All I've read so far are anecdotal experiences, but no real definition for what systemic racism is. No one here has defined it as "a country that is mostly racist and holds others back" because we all know that isn't true, yet that is what the BLM and far left are selling. The sad reality is, blacks (and all races) have far more opportunity than they have had in America and the country is far less racist now than it ever has been. These last two points are facts. I don't care if you don't believe me or think I have no credibility -- that's not my purpose.
Your "facts" are fantastic. I assume you realize people of ALL races have "far more opportunity" than they have had in this country let's say 50 years ago. HORRAY for the Black people!
As far as the country being "less racist", I hope you're right but let me ask you this, if a Black person experiences obvious legitimate racism an average of 3 times a month in 2020 instead of 10 times a month like they did in 1960 then it's ok and they should be thrilled about that?
Tell the families of the people who were killed in the last 5 years simply because they were Black that they should be ecstatic that there is less racism in this country than there was 50 years ago.

I will take SOME time to explain to you just a few examples of what I feel systemic racism is in 2020 - without giving it much thought and without being too thorough.

I witness systemic racism when I go to Cook School in Auburn Gresham.
I give a shit about the kids who I believe it's now 95% who live in "poverty".
I help paint their school and fix their playground. I have tutored them in the past.
When I have gone to the school often there is no air conditioning - because it's old and not working properly.
I have to help get people to donate books for their school library.
Simply put, these kids and their school don't get the same funding as the schools in let's say Winnetka Illinois.
Why? Because they are Black? What other answer do you have for me?

I witness systemic racism when I go to their neighborhood and the streets are full of potholes. Street lights are burned out and not replaced/repaired. If it's snowing, their streets are not getting plowed.
Why? Because they are Black? What other answers do you have for me?

I witness systemic racism when the hospital near me (Northwestern) is so fricking highly funded both publicly and privately and then the hospital near where the kids from Cook school live - I wouldn't send my worst enemy to.
Why is there such a large discrepancy in available health care in their neighborhood and mine?
Because they are Black? What other answers do you have for me?

I witness systemic racism when I look at the kids names who come to my company for tutoring.
How so? Well it's a FACT that because some kid is named Tyrone Jamal Jackson he is already less likely to get interviewed for THE SAME job than if someone is named Winthrop Connor McGillicuddy III.
Unless of course they are hiring someone to reach their "quota".
https://www.nber.org/papers/w9873

I see/read about systemic racism when I learn Black Americans are 3.64 times more likely to get arrested on marijuana possession charges than White people.

I witness systemic racism when I see Black people get pulled over (often but obviously not always driving nice cars) by the police a lot more frequently than I see white people getting pulled over.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Gutter, a few points. I'm not going to address everything.

1. Things have happened to blacks (especially young black men) because they, like it or not, commit more crime. Young men in particular commit more crime, and it's even higher for black males. I've already said why I believe this is happening, and it has to do with the broken families. You might say this unfair, and maybe it is, but even black people have told me that they feel more safe when a white stranger is walking towards them at night on an empty street. What does this tell you? It's not racism. Blacks cannot be racist against another black. They are playing the probabilities. Police do the same, even black police. Black police in some cities will tell you they are more suspicious of young black men than young white men. Black police will tell you if they see a young black man with his pants hanging down, they are more suspicious. The real people the blacks should be angry at are the other blacks who are giving them a bad name. My main point here is the unfair things happen, but it's not always because of "racism".

2. Our government has already thrown millions of dollars at poverty and it hasn't really helped. Things in the black communities are worse in many areas, as you indicate in your post. In a lot of ways, it has just incentivized the problem. I see it in LA, and it's not just blacks that do it.

3. I tend not to not feel sorry for people who play the victim card. Why? Because I went through a lot of difficult things in my life that most on here have not. Things I've never talked about here, and never will. I once saw myself buying into the victim card but quickly snapped out of it. It will only lead to the problems we are seeing today when people buy into it. You've got to keep going in life regardless of what hand you are dealt. Things are unfair, they always will be. Some people are smarter, some have better health, some have more talent, etc. -- it's just life. You either move forward and take responsibility or you blame others for your problems. The latter doesn't lead to anywhere good, and there's too much of this attitude that is being promoted by BLM and other people on the left.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Heyzeus lobster. Youre proving plano's point.. .in his own goodbye thread.
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Lopster had a bad day once so fuck striving for equal opportunities or trying to make the world a better place. Sorry you had it so rough, but at least you've got youtube.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

[This is an automatically generated response]

For those that are offended by anything I post, it might be a good idea to consider moving your eyeballs away from your computer screen. I further suggest not clicking on threads where I comment if it makes you uncomfortable and angry. I hope this helps. Thank you for your understanding. :D
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

[This is an automatically generated response]

Stop posting stupid shit.

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Offending. Ha. Nobody's offended by your dumbass.

Nobody takes you seriously enough to be offended.
Just Ledoux it
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

You could always join Plano. A lot of us on here would be relieved. ;)
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

This your site now?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:02 pm [This is an automatically generated response]

Stop posting stupid shit.
This. So much this.
Defense. Rebounds.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Geezer wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:41 pm This your site now?
Is it yours? ;)
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Hey Jeep, wait up.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Geezer wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:23 pm Hey Jeep, wait up.
Again, many of us would be relieved if you decided to retire. ;)
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:24 pm
Geezer wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:23 pm Hey Jeep, wait up.
Again, many of us would be relieved if you decided to retire. ;)
For whom besides yourself are you speaking?

Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I'll let you answer that. He's basically the male version of Seahawk. :D