Royals

Other Sports.
Deleted User 318

Re: Royals

Post by Deleted User 318 »

I'm pretty excited about all these young arms we have. Glad we are basically treating the 60 day like September call ups. Even if it doesn't work out this season, I think it puts the Royals in a better position next two seasons.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think you have to do it, for their development. It's not ideal to start their clocks now, etc., particularly when not trying to win, but they can't go a year without game action.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Oh good point. I didn't think about the lack of AA/AAA games factoring into development of players. I figured the expanded roster and lack of quality arms coupled with with our COVID issues was the primary reason. But yeah, needing to develop the young players is probably a large factor as well. Could be an interesting case study to see how it pans out.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Royals up near the top in hardest hit balls. Has found a lot of gloves early on. Not tonight. Pouring it on.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:22 pm Royals up near the top in hardest hit balls. Has found a lot of gloves early on. Not tonight. Pouring it on.
Royals have saved all their offense for 2 games so far this year
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Only watched two innings of baseball so far this year.

Despite the fact that the Royals are playing the best baseball this season right now, it’s still pretty shit without fans and well, it being baseball.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

pdub wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:41 pm Only watched two innings of baseball so far this year.

Despite the fact that the Royals are playing the best baseball this season right now, it’s still pretty shit without fans and well, it being baseball.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Id give that more of a 2 but that’s fair.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mondesi do this.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Nope.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

How many more years does Gordon have left in him? One?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Did we just get permaskipped bc we were stomping the Cubs?
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

pdub wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:22 pm How many more years does Gordon have left in him? One?
I have a feeling they were planning on this possibly being Gordon's going away year. He's still great defensively so they are at least getting half a really good player for cheap. With no fans and it being half a year though, I wouldn't doubt if he comes back another year to have a send off.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I mean. The only value he brings is as a fielder. I just don’t think he’ll be around much longer once Khalil Lee and Suely Matias start making their way here.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The one Royals game i'll likely watch this season and FOX changes it to the Astros halfway through.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:14 pm I mean. The only value he brings is as a fielder. I just don’t think he’ll be around much longer once Khalil Lee and Suely Matias start making their way here.
It's hard to have any faith in Matias ever figuring it out, when there is still an organizational allergy to plate discipline.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah I get it. I mean, he still is only 21. For reference, Soler is 28. You could argue they were almost at the same level when they were 21. He was really bad last year. Like really bad.

But I think the Royals will hold on to him as long as they can because he has the talent.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Throwing strikes to the Royals is generally the wrong strategy.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Those young arms are for real. Two different arms touched 100 mph with fastballs. I don't think I have ever seen that on the Royal's staff in the same game. I am still trying to figure out that play at First Base where supposedly Lopez interfered with a bad backhand throw.
thebones

Post by thebones »

anyone else relishing watching these Royals games? It could end at any time, but surprisingly it hasn't.

Tv games have brought back a bit of my sanity.