Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by ousdahl »

what ever happened to that cops killing people of color thread?

we need to start it back up, lest we incite more race roits
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Gutter wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:23 am I'm wondering if DIC knows anything about this. https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/11/12 ... -headlines

I ask because lo and behold we had an armed guard who ended up dead because the cop/s mistook him for the shooter. Will be wonderful when law enforcement personnel storm classrooms and shoot the armed teachers in similar situations.
My wife works with the victim's mother. This is absolutely horrific. It's one thing to watch this from a distance and talk about how horrible it is. It's another to see first-hand how this has devastated a family. My poor wife is in shock and grieves horribly for this family.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

I'm very sorry to hear/read that chikn. Incredibly sad that a family has to mourn because their family member was only trying to do good and help save the lives of others - and a poor assumption was made by a law enforcement officer.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

One of the risks of being a legally armed citizen trying to perform law enforcement tasks. Sometimes the cops act before they find out your intentions and role.

Arm teachers in schools and you may have one stop an armed killer but you will also have one killed when they did nothing wrong like with this poor, young man. Sucks all around.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

You guys still really hanging on to the idea that teachers being armed with guns is going to be a widespread occurrence?

You know that'll never happen right? Seems a little disengenious to use this man's killing to push your own personal agenda against some moronic thing (add it to the list) trump randomly said. It'll never happen and we all know it. You can't force teachers to carry guns. And nearly all of them would prefer to teach rather than be armed security.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

um, it’s already happening

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/01/us/a ... hools.html

and this was from back in march...i’d imagine there are more now
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:27 am what ever happened to that cops killing people of color thread?

we need to start it back up, lest we incite more race roits
^^^

Midlothian Police Chief Daniel Delaney said that's when one of his officers "encountered a subject with a gun" and shot him, according to a statement given to the media.

But the "subject" was Roberson, not the suspect in the bar shooting.

Witnesses say Roberson was wearing his uniform, including a hat emblazoned with the word "security," and was holding a firearm he was licensed to carry...

"Everybody was screaming out 'Security!' " Harris told WGN. "And they still did their job, and saw a black man with a gun, and basically killed him."

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/13/66725278 ... ed-shooter
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh, in the spirit of the thread, let’s remember that this shit has nothing to do with nfl players taking a knee, cuz they’re actually disrespecting the military.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:47 pm You guys still really hanging on to the idea that teachers being armed with guns is going to be a widespread occurrence?

You know that'll never happen right? Seems a little disengenious to use this man's killing to push your own personal agenda against some moronic thing (add it to the list) trump randomly said. It'll never happen and we all know it. You can't force teachers to carry guns. And nearly all of them would prefer to teach rather than be armed security.
No one is pushing anything. It's a conversation on a message board, a forum in which to have conversations. Jeeezus.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:47 pm You guys still really hanging on to the idea that teachers being armed with guns is going to be a widespread occurrence?

Just when I think you couldn't possibly be so ignorant, you prove me wrong.

Again.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 75

All teachers will never be required to carry guns. Never. It 100% won't happen.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:07 pm

No one is pushing anything. It's a conversation on a message board, a forum in which to have conversations. Jeeezus.
Where's PhD when a guy needs him?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:00 pm All teachers will never be required to carry guns. Never. It 100% won't happen.
I dream of a world where someone, anyone, has alleged that "all teachers will be required to carry guns", so you'll have a point.

No one has, but you're too ignorant to not continue to force your argument without a premise on us.

You seem like a nice guy. Why don't you go back to making nearly every thread on the basketball board insufferable? It's your gift - - - You're like a thread-ruining savant.
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Feral wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:14 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:00 pm All teachers will never be required to carry guns. Never. It 100% won't happen.
I dream of a world where someone, anyone, has alleged that "all teachers will be required to carry guns", so you'll have a point.

No one has, but you're too ignorant to not continue to force your argument without a premise on us.

You seem like a nice guy. Why don't you go back to making nearly every thread on the basketball board insufferable? It's your gift - - - You're like a thread-ruining savant.
Fuck...we all know where this is headed...
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:43 pm
Feral wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:14 pm

Fuck...we all know where this is headed...
I don't, where?
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 75

Nowhere good...and it'll last 30 pages.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:14 pm Why don't you go back to making nearly every thread on the basketball board insufferable? It's your gift - - - You're like a thread-ruining savant.
Illy and Frontbutt share a gift?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 75

LOL worthy that someone with a 90% poli-board posting history claims anyone makes the basketball board insufferable. If your primary posting area is politics you don't get the privilege of calling the sports threads anything negative because the entire poli-board is insufferable.

I'm unaware of any insufferable basketball threads on Kansascrimson.com.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:10 pm LOL worthy that someone with a 90% poli-board posting history claims anyone makes the basketball board insufferable. If your primary posting area is politics you don't get the privilege of calling the sports threads anything negative because the entire poli-board is insufferable.
Although I might not post on the basketball board a lot, I do read it a lot. But unlike you, if I have nothing to contribute, I don't always default to posting something anyway...over and over and over again. As I've said before, I feel sorry for you. I think a lot of people at .net were mean to you on the basketball board. I sometimes used to avoid the bb forum at .net because it got so old reading your endless drivel, followed by the endless responses to your drivel by the pack of jackals following you around, for sport. As I've also said before, you seem like a nice guy who is oblivious to how lame your posts here are. You seem to know something about golf and basketball, why not go post on threads related to subjects you know something about, rather than post here where you obviously know little to nothing about the subjects at hand?
Anand Giridharadas