who ya got?

Ugh.
seahawk

Re: who ya got?

Post by seahawk »

Illinois, think of it this way--how much does it elevate Whitmer back in her own state if she's seen as on the VP list and even invited for an interview? That's the way political campaigns think.

Does it help Biden if she looks good even if he doesn't choose her? Probably.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

seahawk wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:46 am Illinois, think of it this way--how much does it elevate Whitmer back in her own state if she's seen as on the VP list and even invited for an interview? That's the way political campaigns think.

Does it help Biden if she looks good even if he doesn't choose her? Probably.
Very true.

I just can't help but worry he is going to fuck this up somehow and piss off the minority voters he/we need for him to beat trump and end this nightmare. I think others are starting to worry too.

Like Van Jones said last night Whitmer is a fine pick, but it is not like there is a superstar he MUST pick...so if there are equally qualified and deserving women of color it would be a giant slap in the face to pass on them and run an all white ticket after some of the things he has said.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

The thing is that most people don't follow politics all that closely, so the people around various politicians want them to have a higher profile, because it's pretty amazing when you talk with non-political groupies, how little they know. So, Kamala Harris is not just a junior senator among all the old white men, she was a top contender for the Veep slot, no matter who is chosen. Abrams is not just a regional Georgia legislator and failed governor candidate, she has amazing presence on TV and charisma.
Karen Bass, who ever heard of her before, but now we know that she's a very solid voice in the House.

Will all of these women's heightened stature help Biden on the campaign trail in their respective states? I'd say yes. I didn't mention Warren, because McConnell elevated her stature already when she persisted. Politicos don't always think along the same lines that the rest of us do.
Don't inject Lysol.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Kamala Harris as VP. Excellent choice.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I actually think this will increase Trump's chances of winning. I still think Biden has the edge, but we'll have to wait and see how the debates go, etc. Not looking good for the donkeys.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:43 pm I actually think this will increase Trump's chances of winning. I still think Biden has the edge, but we'll have to wait and see how the debates go, etc. Not looking good for the donkeys.
Yeah, OK. I think things look just fine. Harris is going to embarrass Pence.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:44 pm
Walrus wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:43 pm I actually think this will increase Trump's chances of winning. I still think Biden has the edge, but we'll have to wait and see how the debates go, etc. Not looking good for the donkeys.
Harris was very firmly within the zone of "safe" candidates.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

"Safe" like Hillary Clinton. She is basically a black Hillary.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:52 pm
Agreed. The only one that I was less than OK with was Abrams. I dont think she had enough experience to be a good VP choice. She seemed like a reach to me.

I am excited this is behind us so we can get to the next phase. Time to start putting it together. Election Day is just 12 weeks from today.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:54 pm "Safe" like Hillary Clinton. She is basically a black Hillary.
I assumed you would make this leap of logic so that it was easier to bash her.

Other than that they were both Senators at one point and that both have law degrees, they couldn't have less in common.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

It's amazing how she was both safe and bold at the same time.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:54 pm "Safe" like Hillary Clinton. She is basically a black Hillary.
She doesn't have near the baggage that Clinton had.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Kinda nice when the first African American woman to ever be named to the Pres/VP ticket in the history of our nation is considered a "safe" pick.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

It's possible. Just have to wait and see.

"Gundlach Says Trump Will Win, Calls Harris Too Charismatic"

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jeffrey- ... 11167.html
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:28 pm
Kinda nice when the first African American woman to ever be named to the Pres/VP ticket in the history of our nation is considered a "safe" pick.
She is not african american fwiw.

She is indian (mom from India) and Jamaican (dad from Jamaica).

Black woman or woman of color is the phrase you are looking for....and i think it is about time we had someone like her on the Pres/VP ticket. It shows that, although we still have a long ways to go, progess is being made. And i like that it is a subliminal big middle finger to all the racists as well.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:24 pm It's possible. Just have to wait and see.

"Gundlach Says Trump Will Win, Calls Harris Too Charismatic"

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jeffrey- ... 11167.html
Based on a poll that said they lied on a poll. Brilliant.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I laughed when she blamed Trump for people losing their jobs. :D