George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Ugh.
PhDhawk

Re: George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Post by PhDhawk »

In some ways, doesn't it make it worse?

From a "this guy might overdose, we should get him some help ASAP" perspective. Or at least a "this guys on drugs and not doing well, but isn't posing an immediate threat to us or others" perspective.

I guess it makes Lobster happy as a pig in shit to see video evidence that George Floyd wasn't a saint, but that was never the issue for me. I think the extended video (which came out weeks ago, btw) really confirms he didn't do anything to warrant a 9 minute kneeling choke-out, which was always the issue, it never mattered whether he was a perfect angel or repeat criminal or anything in between.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:07 am “He was prob gonna die no matter what” is quite the defense.

Did cops know at the time he allegedly ingested drugs?
When you have an amount of fentanyl that is almost unsurvivable according to doctors it probably isnt a bad defense when the charge is murder.

I am unsure if the cops knew he ate drugs...but i think they said they could tell that he was on drugs fwiw.

Again, not defending the cop kneeling on his neck for that long.
Deleted User 310

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:32 am In some ways, doesn't it make it worse?

From a "this guy might overdose, we should get him some help ASAP" perspective. Or at least a "this guys on drugs and not doing well, but isn't posing an immediate threat to us or others" perspective.

I guess it makes Lobster happy as a pig in shit to see video evidence that George Floyd wasn't a saint, but that was never the issue for me. I think the extended video (which came out weeks ago, btw) really confirms he didn't do anything to warrant a 9 minute kneeling choke-out, which was always the issue, it never mattered whether he was a perfect angel or repeat criminal or anything in between.
I agree...it does sort of make it worse...and his criminal history is irrelevant...but it (the lethal amount of fentanyl in his system) is probably going to be what keeps the cop from going down for murder if he is found not guilty.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:33 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:07 am “He was prob gonna die no matter what” is quite the defense.

When you have an amount of fentanyl that is almost unsurvivable according to doctors it probably isnt a bad defense when the charge is murder.

I am unsure if the cops knew he ate drugs...but i think they said they could tell that he was on drugs fwiw.

This shows your true colors
Deleted User 310

Cascadia wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:37 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:33 am

This shows your true colors
You dont pay attention close enough to know my true colors or remember my posts on this topic, so you can probably stfu and let the adults talk. All you do in most threads is talk shit.

There is no reason to kneel on someones neck who is handcuffed period. I have been very clearly against the cops actions in this situation from day 1....but again, you wouldnt know because you only pop in to talk shit to people.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

The sad thing is, riots have happened, many people have died and businesses have been destroyed all because people didn't get the facts and just accepted the news that this was a "racist crime". The video shows no hint of racism. It may show neglect, but it doesn't show murder. But we have a bunch of idiots in this country that think "news just reports news", rather than seeing the obvious attempt at trying to stir people up so things could deteriorate. Nice job, news and democrats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_77ZROIu_s
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Um, holy fucking shit. This leads directly to really, really horrible things. This is a six-alarm fire, that needs to be snuffed out immediately.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -of-unrest
Beth said people describing themselves as belonging to a militia had been patrolling Kenosha’s streets in recent nights but he did not know if the shooter was involved with such a group.

“They’re a militia,” Beth told reporters. “They’re like a vigilante group.”

The shootings were reported at about 11.45pm in an area crowded with protesters supporting the Black Lives Matter movement calling for an end to police brutality and systemic racism across America.

Cellphone video of at least two of the shootings posted online showed what appears to be a white man with a semi-automatic rifle firing three or four shots from a prone position on the ground, hitting at least two people.

Authorities said overnight they were looking for a man with a long rifle and trying to piece together what led to the deadly altercation.

Footage posted on social media showed chaotic scenes as gunfire rang out, scattering people in the street. One of the victims, a young shirtless white man with a red bandana around his neck, was seen receiving first aid in a car park after being shot in the head.

In another image, a man sits on the ground with his arm almost severed by a gunshot wound.

The third night of protests against the police shooting of Blake, who was hit at almost point-blank range several times in the back, had attracted supporters of Black Lives Matter and armed rival protesters, who had gathered near a petrol station.

Images of the rival group showed heavily armed white men, some wearing body armour.

According to witness reports, the two groups had clashed as the night wore on, and police fired teargas and rubber bullets at demonstrators near Kenosha’s courthouse.

Social media users posted a series of images including video that appeared to show the same individual – a young man – at key points during the confrontation, including interacting with police in a tactical vehicle who say they “appreciate” the alleged vigilantes’ help and give them bottled water.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:45 am Um, holy fucking shit. This leads directly to really, really horrible things. This is a six-alarm fire, that needs to be snuffed out immediately.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -of-unrest
Beth said people describing themselves as belonging to a militia had been patrolling Kenosha’s streets in recent nights but he did not know if the shooter was involved with such a group.

“They’re a militia,” Beth told reporters. “They’re like a vigilante group.”

The shootings were reported at about 11.45pm in an area crowded with protesters supporting the Black Lives Matter movement calling for an end to police brutality and systemic racism across America.

Cellphone video of at least two of the shootings posted online showed what appears to be a white man with a semi-automatic rifle firing three or four shots from a prone position on the ground, hitting at least two people.

Authorities said overnight they were looking for a man with a long rifle and trying to piece together what led to the deadly altercation.

Footage posted on social media showed chaotic scenes as gunfire rang out, scattering people in the street. One of the victims, a young shirtless white man with a red bandana around his neck, was seen receiving first aid in a car park after being shot in the head.

In another image, a man sits on the ground with his arm almost severed by a gunshot wound.

The third night of protests against the police shooting of Blake, who was hit at almost point-blank range several times in the back, had attracted supporters of Black Lives Matter and armed rival protesters, who had gathered near a petrol station.

Images of the rival group showed heavily armed white men, some wearing body armour.

According to witness reports, the two groups had clashed as the night wore on, and police fired teargas and rubber bullets at demonstrators near Kenosha’s courthouse.

Social media users posted a series of images including video that appeared to show the same individual – a young man – at key points during the confrontation, including interacting with police in a tactical vehicle who say they “appreciate” the alleged vigilantes’ help and give them bottled water.
I hope they face the murder charges they deserve. So repulsive.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Shoo. Shoo. Nothing to see here.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:45 am Um, holy fucking shit. This leads directly to really, really horrible things. This is a six-alarm fire, that needs to be snuffed out immediately.
Get ready for the Electric Boogaloo. Basically everything the right says "Antifa" is, but wanting chaos instead of standing up against fascism. They align with the right mostly, but are anti-cop. However, mostly white, so cops ignore them.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I have a friend who is active with the BLM protests in Portland.

He and his friends/commenters on his social media updates continue to allege BLM protests escalate when white supremacist/right wing extremist groups show up. They bring weapons and instigate violence.

More yet, they (also) allege cops are almost appreciative of the extremist groups, and condone the violence they bring. There’s a big fuss over some alleged notorious felons/guys with warrants out brandishing guns among the extremists, and when BLM points them out to cops, cops shrug it off.

There’s also allegations that when the extremist groups relent, the cops step in, and vice versa, and even some instances of cops and extremists not being mutually present “for the same reasons you don’t see Miley Cyrus and Hannah Montana in the same room at the same time...”
Last edited by ousdahl on Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Allegedly the shooter was a 17 year old white male. There is video of him running away from one of the victims while talking on his phone and you can hear him saying that he "just shot somebody."
Deleted User 318

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:09 pm Allegedly the shooter was a 17 year old white male. There is video of him running away from one of the victims while talking on his phone and you can hear him saying that he "just shot somebody."
Yeah, this guy. I couldn't imagine killing two people before I even experienced sex.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/kenosh ... Ns.twitter
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NiceDC wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:12 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:09 pm Allegedly the shooter was a 17 year old white male. There is video of him running away from one of the victims while talking on his phone and you can hear him saying that he "just shot somebody."
Yeah, this guy. I couldn't imagine killing two people before I even experienced sex.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/kenosh ... Ns.twitter
You have to be 18 to buy a long gun in Illinois or Wisconsin. So sad that the police fully allowed these completely untrained militia members to attempt to do their jobs for them. This is what happens when you have untrained idiots with guns.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:22 pm This is what happens when you have untrained idiots with guns.
It wasnt a matter of training. He didnt shoot those people on accident did he? (Rhetorical question)...That was on purpose.
Last edited by Deleted User 310 on Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 310

Gutter kind of alluded to the liklihood this was going to begin happening if people kept attacking police and/or looting businesses/vandalizing property.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:50 pm Gutter kind of alluded to the liklihood this was going to begin happening if people kept attacking police and/or looting businesses/vandalizing property.
But of course that’s sort of absurd. The same way that resisting arrest or turning your back on a cop doesn’t have the death penalty, neither does even looting businesses or vandalizing property.
Deleted User 310

I am still sort of shocked unarmed people chased and tried to subdue the gunman...that was not very smart. Looks like it cost one person their life.
Deleted User 310

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:52 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:50 pm Gutter kind of alluded to the liklihood this was going to begin happening if people kept attacking police and/or looting businesses/vandalizing property.
But of course that’s sort of absurd. The same way that resisting arrest or turning your back on a cop doesn’t have the death penalty, neither does even looting businesses or vandalizing property.
Totally agree....but nevertheless it happened.
Deleted User 318

17-year-olds don’t go cross state borders with long guns in the middle of protest on accident. He put himself in a bad position, and killed two. He wanted to stir the S, and did exactly want he desired to. Let law enforcement deal with agitators on the other side (who are also wrong). Now instead of luckily avoiding any death, we have two dead people.