Cascadia

Re: Kenosha

Post by Cascadia »

Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:33 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:52 am
Walrus wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:31 am Some of you guys are funny because you're saying it was "illegal" for him to have a rifle -- since when has being "legal" had anything to do with these riots? There's nothing legal about setting fire to cars and shooting those who are in your way.

But let's just look at the facts:

-Kyle was there to protect some private property that the police would not (good on him!)
-The rioters were the first to shoot at him and throw a bomb of some sort in his diretion
-He defended himself against them (as anyone who is strong would)
-They chased him down and tried to kill him.
-The guy who got shot in the arm had an illegal pistol, as he was a felon. That guy tried to shoot Kyle in the head and failed (thank goodness).

The chances of the murder charges sticking are slim to none. The best they can hope for is in illegal firearm charge. This is good as a whole for America because it shows that some people can be brave to stand up to the mob of violent rioters. Maybe they will think twice next time before burning down another town.
Even if other unlawful things went down at the riots, that doesn’t have a bearing on a minor unlawfully possessing an assault rifle.

- of course you’d say “good on him,” but as a whole, we don’t need vigilante militias running around, they’re far more trouble than they’re worth
- I hadn’t heard a bomb threat, but again, let’s wait for a confirmed sequence of events
- a second-defense argument, again, will hinge on the sequence of events, and whether one can claim self-defense if they were unlawfully possessing a firearm to begin with
- at least as it pertains to the vid I saw, they did chase him, and one dude got in a cheap shot, but that’s not trying to kill him, and besides, the cheap shot dude (tan shirt) ran into the crowd, and the kid spun the other way and shot other dudes
- thank goodness, I guess, but if that guy had shot him in the head, the total body count may have been less that day....and it’s funny how fine the line is with “self defense,” as you could just as easily be arguing that pistol dude was just trying to defend himself, since you don’t care whether someone is lawfully possessing a gun otherwise.

And as for your last paragraph, I’ll ponder your angle if I can also encourage you to think about this situation from other angles as well. I’m not sure the reaction we need to the protests is militant high schoolers with assault weapons. Even if there’s property destruction, the answer is not vigilante justice, and loosing lives is more significant either way.
amazing that lobster is the only one who has confirmed the order of events
Isn't it ironic that the biggest conspiracy nut on this site is the one lecturing us on "facts"?
Facts from who/m?

Walrus said.....
But let's just look at the facts:
-Kyle was there to protect some private property that the police would not (good on him!)
-The rioters were the first to shoot at him and throw a bomb of some sort in his diretion
-He defended himself against them (as anyone who is strong would)
-They chased him down and tried to kill him.
-The guy who got shot in the arm had an illegal pistol, as he was a felon. That guy tried to shoot Kyle in the head and failed (thank goodness).

I say......
- Yes, "Kyle" said in AN interview before the fiasco - “People are getting injured, and OUR job is to protect this business.” You know what else he said/claimed? He was a certified EMT and explained he was patrolling the streets of Kenosha to provide medical attention to anyone who had been injured.
- Who shot AT him? Is this "fact" or hearsay? I heard a single gun shot in a video but I sure as heck couldn't see/tell if the shot was directed at "Kyle".
- Someone threw a "BOMB" in his direction? Are we talking a possible alleged pipe bomb or what we can see in the video? I ask because it appears what was thrown in his direction may have been no more a "bomb" than my last dump was a bunch of roses.
- Ok, "he defended HIMSELF". Against who/whom? The people who were as Walrus says, "trying to kill him"? Where is the PROOF that ANYONE was "trying to KILL him"?
- The guy who got shot in the arm ALLEGEDLY had a pistol. If so, what made it "illegal" for him to have a pistol but not illegal for a 17 year douche bag to have an AR-15? Because YOU claim he was a felon? How do WE know for a FACT "the guy" who got shot in the arm "WAS" a felon? Or is a felon? Both? Neither?
Maybe he is but I am yet to see PROOF he was/is a felon. He tried to shoot "Kyle" in the head? I was unaware of this. When exactly did he try and shoot "Kyle" in the head? All witness accounts I have seen/read do NOT mention he tried to shoot "Kyle" in the head.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

BTW, whoever is saying he was defending himself, he was charged with international first degree homicide. This is the highest degree of murder in Wisconsin. The prosecutors could have started at a lower homicide, and bumped it up, but based on the early facts, they feel like they have the law and facts on their side to go after him with the highest charge in the initial charge.

Also, not on his side, he was breaking curfew, so he was not lawfully present on the streets. Throw that into the pile of bad ideas this kid had this week.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

holy shit...international?!?!

(i kid)
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

NiceDC wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:25 pm
BTW, whoever is saying he was defending himself, he was charged with international first degree homicide. This is the highest degree of murder in Wisconsin. The prosecutors could have started at a lower homicide, and bumped it up, but based on the early facts, they feel like they have the law and facts on their side to go after him with the highest charge in the initial charge.

Also, not on his side, he was breaking curfew, so he was not lawfully present on the streets. Throw that into the pile of bad ideas this kid had this week.
Lobster has a YouTube video that says otherwise!
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

NiceDC wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:25 pm

Gee, you aren't saying that prosecutors, who read police reports and witness statements every day have a better grasp of the events than YouTube commenters?
Don't inject Lysol.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Doesn't matter if he's charged -- all that matter is what sticks. George Floyd's case has a higher probability of being charged incorrectly for murder, due to the fact they are afraid to upset the mob of terrorists. However, this case was totally different. The overwhelming majority of Americans support Kyle and believe it was self-defense, and he didn't shoot any black people. The murder charge doesn't stand a chance, which is how is should be.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 289

"The overwhelming majority of Americans support Kyle and believe it was self-defense."
Another example of proof of the "fact" that Walrus is nothing more than just another schmuck with an opinion?
Remember, Walrus is the genius who tried to convince us Yang and Gabbard had legit shots to win the nomination due to their YouTube popularity.
YouTube videos (that are often strongly biased) are his favorite source of pretending he knows what the fuck he's talking about.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I’m trying to think. After years on .com and .net, has there ever been a bigger dumbfuck than Lobster?
Deleted User 289

Leawood wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:15 pm I’m trying to think. After years on .com and .net, has there ever been a bigger dumbfuck than Lobster?
Gutter?

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:49 pm Doesn't matter if he's charged -- all that matter is what sticks. George Floyd's case has a higher probability of being charged incorrectly for murder, due to the fact they are afraid to upset the mob of terrorists. However, this case was totally different. The overwhelming majority of Americans support Kyle and believe it was self-defense, and he didn't shoot any black people. The murder charge doesn't stand a chance, which is how is should be.
I would be interested in knowing what you base this on: "The overwhelming majority of Americans support Kyle and believe it was self-defense"
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

The same place where he found that Gabbard would be the Dem nominee.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

When people can only use insults, it shows you lost. :D

Anyway, you all enjoy your weekend. I'm off to enjoy the weather.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

lobster, be aware you seem to have changed. You were never so radial in your beliefs.

I'm not trying to insult. I mean it only as a matter of fact.

It's a bummer, man, cuz you used to be a lot more fun.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:43 pm lobster, be aware you seem to have changed. You were never so radial in your beliefs.

Didn't everything?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

By and large the rioters are white supremacists undermining protests for a righteous cause to further their goal and Putin’s advice to Trump. Milk it. Stoke it. Count on low information echo-chamber rubes to amplify the disinformation. Rinse. Repeat. They surrounded and arrested a food truck staff this afternoon. Geniuses. Held them too. Kyle was just another agitator. And the cops are and were wrong. And continue to be on the wrong side of this. Protect and serve their own jobs.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Walrus wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:38 pm When people can only use insults, it shows you lost. :D

Anyway, you all enjoy your weekend. I'm off to enjoy the weather.
They're not only using insults, they're pointing out that you don't understand what a reliable source is and that you pull facts out of your ass. And that you're too stupid to realize it. The latter is an insult, the former is, as you would put it, a fact.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:43 pm lobster, be aware you seem to have changed. You were never so radial in your beliefs.

White privilege eroded his higher intellectual functions, replacing them with fear
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:35 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:24 pm I’m afraid of these militias, in large part because of the way these militias, and folks like lobster, hold dear to some twisted understanding of the “stand my ground” kinda ideals, and have taken it to some fetishized extreme.
Good lord. "These militias"? You mean the 1? Was that kid even really part of that "militia" from Wisonsin? He is the only 1 who killed anyone as far as i know.

Maybe you are sort of just joking around. It is always hard to tell.

Unless you are out vandalizing property or assaulting cops i am not sure why you would be afraid of them. I still don't agree with them, but i eye roll a little bit at your fake hysteria.

There was a heavily armed all black "militia" (since that term is being thrown around) protecting black owned business in 1 city that i saw....do you fear those guys too? I dont...but at least they were protecting their own property rather than this kid traveling to protect some random business for fun.
I have no idea why it would be hard to tell when I'm joking around. Giggle.

but in all seriousness, maybe you have some credence to the observation about "the 1." Indeed, this was an isolated dude....thank the fucking lord!

and yeah, I would fear a black militia, as much as I would fear any civilians running around with military-style weapons, and who knows what kind of training, or intentions.

That's why they're scary, regardless of whether anyone is vandalizing or assaulting...and I don't ever intend to do any of that myself, nor do I condone it -- especially not violence.

and what's even scarier is that these militia-style armed civilians are popping up all over. They stormed the state house in MI. Now they're in Wisconsin, and in Oregon too (see my previous story). And what's even scarier is these reports that they and the actual cops are all cozy with one another.

if people are assaulting cops, that's awful. but let the cops deal with it. They're cops! They're the ones trained to apprehend violent criminals. They don't need these amatuer 2nd amendment enthusiasts, often with even more powerful weapons than the cops, trying to intervene.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and I'm not a betting man, but if I was, I'd put money on far more cops assaulting protestors, than the other way around. they're both awful. but also cops might be worse, cuz they're the ones who are supposed to be protecting and serving. That's the crux of why there's such little trust of LEO in so many communities.

"trained cops can panic and act on impulse, but untrained civilians must remain calm with a gun in their face"