Deleted User 89

Re: who ya got?

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i’m wishing we would have gotten a bigger chest freezer back in february

kinda want to stock up more than we already are
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

With likely hyper inflation coming, price controls may happen. If that happens, the urban areas will see long lines and food shortages. It's definitely wise to stock up now.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:52 am With likely hyper inflation coming, price controls may happen. If that happens, the urban areas will see long lines and food shortages. It's definitely wise to stock up now.
Man, I'll bet underground bunker companies are making a fortune off of people like you right now.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If only those sortsa folks would just hide in their bunkers.

As far as I can tell, many are vacationing in Colorado instead.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:59 pm
Walrus wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:52 am With likely hyper inflation coming, price controls may happen. If that happens, the urban areas will see long lines and food shortages. It's definitely wise to stock up now.
Man, I'll bet underground bunker companies are making a fortune off of people like you right now.
Are you not worried about inflation?

There were food shortages earlier this year (at least for certain products, not super extreme, but we came close to a real problem.

If this gets worse once weather turns colder and more people begin going back to work/school then i expect similar issues.

Now, personally i am not worried about doomsday type scenarios for this pandemic because covid isnt deadly for most people who get it....but when the next pandemic rolls around, which will happen, i do worry that if it is super deadly we have already proven our "american culture/american attitudes will be make it impossible for us to have a really good response.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Beef prices dropped to 11-22 cents a pound (on the hoof) in April, i think theyve come back a little but theyre still low. Ranchers were dumping cattle, same with pigs. Wholesalers are hoarding meat.

https://www.agriculture.com/news/busine ... see-market
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Pence was fearmongering about Biden/Harris interfering with meat supply. I was thinking about it and you posted: the meat wholesalers are messing quite successfully on their own without any interference from anyone else.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

I just bought a pound of ground beef at the grocery store for $7.49....
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

sdoyel wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:15 pm I just bought a pound of ground beef at the grocery store for $7.49....
Less than $7/lb for organic grassfed here.

Less than $5.50/lb for regular ground beef.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

National average is $4.01 per lb
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Master of the obvious here but just a reminder to those discussing ground beef prices - it's similar to gasoline. Different "grades" and one place might be selling it for 25% more or 25% less than the place across the street.
As far as national averages, I'm sure that's as accurate as "they" can come up with but I'm curious - are "they" including ALL and EVERY place in the country that sells ground beef?
Reminds me of when people produce surveys and polls. First thing I ask is, were YOU included in that survey/poll? I then say, me neither.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Youre right gutter. That was the price for either 85/15 or 90/10. Can't remmeber now.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:12 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:59 pm
Are you not worried about inflation?

There were food shortages earlier this year (at least for certain products, not super extreme, but we came close to a real problem.

If this gets worse once weather turns colder and more people begin going back to work/school then i expect similar issues.

Now, personally i am not worried about doomsday type scenarios for this pandemic because covid isnt deadly for most people who get it....but when the next pandemic rolls around, which will happen, i do worry that if it is super deadly we have already proven our "american culture/american attitudes will be make it impossible for us to have a really good response.
We ran low on toilet paper for a bit and for a day or two but thats because spastic overzealous worry warts bought 100 rolls of it.l at the first sign of reduced availability. I assume that stored will better limit purchases the next time around.

I had to buy 90% lean ground beef instead of 85% for maybe a week or two. There were a few days where the canned veggies my kid prefers weren't in stock. We worked through it just fine. If that's what qualifies as a "food shortage" then no, I am not concerned at all.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

sdoyel wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:15 pm I just bought a pound of ground beef at the grocery store for $7.49....
The 85% lean we just bought was $3.99 a pound.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Previously, I would have said Biden. But now with all the riots, I think Trump is going to win. The left promoting the riots has turned out to not age well.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:34 pm Previously, I would have said Biden. But now with all the riots, I think Trump is going to win. The left promoting the riots has turned out to not age well.
Promoting the riots? At least try to be rational.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It’s crazy how Trump is getting away with showing images of Trump’s America to illustrate how lawless Biden’s America would be.