No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Ugh.
TDub
Contributor

Re: No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Post by TDub »

I trust myself more than I trust my government. I have a degree in economics and I understand how things can change. Thanks.

Also. Id rather bury my money in a hole in the ground before i give it to the government. All indications are that SS will be empty by the time it's time for me to get any. So thats a a great ROI. Id love the option to take my chances and take my medicine if I'm wrong.

Also fuck this place. Dont fall off your horses, its a long way down.
Just Ledoux it
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Don't you talk all the time about your personal God-given right to live far out in the country? So, the rest of the taxpayers should provide you with electricity and expensive roads, because you're more entitled than the rest of us? You work as a carpenter--Do the materials used on your jobs get delivered on publicly maintained roads? But you personally are entitled to benefit from that without paying anything, because YOU are entitled.

So, you didn't get an economics degree from KU, but from some totally private university that accepts no governmental funding whatsoever? And I'm assuming you and your family won't get a COVID-19 vaccine, because of all the governmental involvement.
Don't inject Lysol.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

TDub is living proof of why lies masquerading as news is so insidious and dangerous. That last post was informed by years of false data. We were on course to retire the national debt and prepay SSA for decades until Bush 2. We have been schwacked by the GOP for 20-years. And now we have no confidence in government. Fox became radicalized about the time shit went south. As a kid, I used to live in fear of socialized medicine when I had no health insurance. Kansas.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Tdub hates me (I'm not sure why), he is one of the few people who do think outside the box on this site. I don't agree with him on everything, but he is not part of the herd of fools dragging this country down.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Fools dragging the country down are Republicans and those who support them.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

SS pays for grants and roads and electricity?? Incredible

I have a well and will be fully solar powered by next summer.
Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

TDub wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:21 pm SS pays for grants and roads and electricity?? Incredible

If it's the Al Gore lockbox that he proposed at the debates, which prevents what I think you're referring to here, I can agree with you there. If it's the raising or eliminating of the cap, as Trump supported in the Primary debate, I can get on board with that.

Complete privatization though I think defeats the purpose of a safety net, which is what SS essentially is.

If you're going to privatize it, why not just get rid of it altogether?
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

TDub wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:21 pm SS pays for grants and roads and electricity?? Incredible

You were the one complaining about government taking money from your benevolent big corporations just a few posts ago. But just curious, if some group creates a situation that poisons your well water and endangers your children, you'll be perfectly happy with no one taking any action, because courts, district attorneys--those are government regulators at their worst and should be eliminated/minimized.

And you're building all your own solar equipment from scratch? Or whatever you received came via drone and not on those government funded highways. And surely you'll be willing to let those benevolent big corporations hire only Latin American workers and put carpenters like you totally out of work, because regulating labor like that is bad.
Don't inject Lysol.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I have said it before and I’ll say it again. If TDub gets to opt out of SS and other programs I’d like to opt out of all but $1 for the Pentagon to spend. I’ll take my chance if Iran attacks (or whoever the bogeyman du jour is). I’m sure Putin would help us.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That’s a really good point.

If one Merican wants out of paying for someone else’s grandma to be able to buy groceries, I want out of paying for someone else’s kids to be bombed.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I don't think that's an accurate comparison. The military is everyone paying for everyone, the wealthy paying essentially a higher share. Social Security as it stands now is not that way - that's why there's a cap. You're supposed to get back what you pay in.

If we treat it like the military, we'd remove the cap and the solvency issue goes away, and TDub doesn't have to worry about not getting it.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Mjl wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:32 am I don't think that's an accurate comparison. The military is everyone paying for everyone, the wealthy paying essentially a higher share. Social Security as it stands now is not that way - that's why there's a cap. You're supposed to get back what you pay in.

If we treat it like the military, we'd remove the cap and the solvency issue goes away, and TDub doesn't have to worry about not getting it.
This.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Removing the cap has been advanced as a solution since the days back when I was studying this, when we were issued clubs for the dinosaurs on the way to class.
Don't inject Lysol.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

The Republican Party which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Greedy, Family crime syndicates (eg Trump, Koch, Carlyle Group) and money launderers will never allow the SS cap to be lifted.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

zsn wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:07 pm The Republican Party which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Greedy, Family crime syndicates (eg Trump, Koch, Carlyle Group) and money launderers will never allow the SS cap to be lifted.
Carnegie was correct in his assessment of inherited indolence.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I think the bigger concern is, how much bread will your dollars buy in 2021 or 2022? We could see food prices double or triple because of all this QE.

It also looks like the big ugly bubble stock market might be crashing, as most of us expected.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:37 am I think the bigger concern is, how much bread will your dollars buy in 2021 or 2022? We could see food prices double or triple because of all this QE.

It also looks like the big ugly bubble stock market might be crashing, as most of us expected.
We "could" and we "might" but it I doubt either is the most likely scenario.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:57 am
Walrus wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:37 am I think the bigger concern is, how much bread will your dollars buy in 2021 or 2022? We could see food prices double or triple because of all this QE.

Care to elaborate on why you feel that way? Or just disagreeing because it is lobster?

The potential impacts of quantitative easing are very complicated, and there are numerous unknowns. I am not sure what i think will happen tbh. Inflation seems almost inevitable....but Hyperinflation?

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/i ... lation.asp
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:48 pm

Care to elaborate on why you feel that way? Or just disagreeing because it is lobster?

Quantitative easing is very complicated. I am not sure what i think will happen tbh. Inflation seems almost inevitable. Hyperinflation is more of an unknown.

Doesn't inflation always seem inevitable?

We're paying more for groceries than we were 6 months ago but we aren't paying double. And this has been one of the most fucked up years ever. What on earth would have to happen for it to "double or triple"?!?

He just throws out his generic scare tactic shtick like always with enough of a qualifier to not have his feet held to the fire for being wrong. Same old shit.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:05 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:48 pm

Quantitative easing is very complicated. I am not sure what i think will happen tbh. Inflation seems almost inevitable. Hyperinflation is more of an unknown.

Doesn't inflation always seem inevitable?

We're paying more for groceries than we were 6 months ago but we aren't paying double. And this has been one of the most fucked up years ever. What on earth would have to happen for it to "double or triple"?!?

He just throws out his generic scare tactic shtick like always with enough of a qualifier to not have his feet held to the fire for being wrong. Same old shit.
The deficit has never been anything like this. The certainty with which he says it is wrong, but given the amount of money the Government is pouring into the economy, it's definitely possible.