Amazon

Ugh.
Deleted User 104

Amazon

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Good or bad? I think it's a terrible idea to put the location in NYC. Cost of living is too expensive and traffic is already horrible. DC is less busy but still plenty expensive. I understand both of these locations are probably good for shipping overseas to Europe, but I think they would have been better off choosing somewhere less expensive. These kind of jobs aren't going to pay enough for people to live alone in a single apartment in NYC.
Deleted User 183

Re: Amazon

Post by Deleted User 183 »

"These kind of jobs aren't going to pay enough for people to live alone in a single apartment in NYC".
Let me help you out Lobster.
Amazon HEADQUARTERS not shipment/warehouse centers.
These are "highly" paid employees who will be working in the headquarters.
Most if not all will be making more than $100,000 a year.
Deleted User 104

Alright, help me out here Gutter. I read that Amazon is possibly going to create 50K jobs. Obviously these cannot be over 100K. I assumed a lot of these jobs would be lower-paying.

Also, 100K in NYC is like 30K in Kansas.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Long Island City rents aren't Manhatten rents. It's 25k jobs. Yes, most will be over $100k. I think I heard that even the average salary is $150k.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Let's hope Amazon doesn't plan to pay women the same rate as men, or Lobster might go off the rails, again.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 104

DrPepper wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:54 pm I think I heard that even the average salary is $150k.
Well, that's good news.
Deleted User 104

Feral wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:57 pm Let's hope Amazon doesn't plan to pay women the same rate as men, or Lobster might go off the rails, again.
They'll get paid equally if they are worth getting paid equally.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Feral wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:57 pm Let's hope Amazon doesn't plan to pay women the same rate as men, or Lobster might go off the rails, again.
especially if they have short hair