Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
Deleted User 89

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by Deleted User 89 »

and illy, realize that Fauci was removed from those briefings (in lieu of Birx) because he was contradicting trump
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

So trump should have told us but it is okay that fauci didnt?

I guess i just don't agree with that thinking.

My fascination with Fauci is due to exactly what you said....he is the ONE person on that task force who has/had an opinion i trusted.
Deleted User 89

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:23 pm So trump should have told us but it is okay that fauci didnt?

My fascination with Fauci is due to exactly what you said....he is the ONE person on that task force who had an opinion i trusted.
so, no...you don’t understand how science (and good scientists) work

they aren’t going to make official statements based on what was then anecdotal evidence. it’s really no difference than Fauci not getting behind hydroxychloroquin. the scientific evidence just wasn’t there, just like the evidence wasn’t there until May/June or whenever that airborne transmission was the primary mode of transmission. Fauci said on multiple occasions that “we” should be overreacting specifically because this was a deadly pandemic, and if you thought you were doing enough, you more than likely weren’t (which has proven overwhelmingly to be the case).
Deleted User 89

RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

Two points: If the White House which is ultimately ran by the President says don't talk about something then as an administration official you don't, unless you want to be fired. Also, it's my guess that early reports of virus being airborne were more than likely classified so the only person able to actually share this information legally is the President.
Deleted User 310

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:28 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:23 pm So trump should have told us but it is okay that fauci didnt?

My fascination with Fauci is due to exactly what you said....he is the ONE person on that task force who had an opinion i trusted.

they aren’t going to make official statements based on what was then anecdotal evidence. it’s really no difference than Fauci not getting behind hydroxychloroquin. the scientific evidence just wasn’t there, just like the evidence wasn’t there until May/June or whenever that airborne transmission was the primary mode of transmission. Fauci said on multiple occasions that “we” should be overreacting specifically because this was a deadly pandemic, and if you thought you were doing enough, you more than likely weren’t (which has proven overwhelmingly to be the case).
I can't help but see the hypocrisy and selective outrage.

Trump was making official statememts based on anecdotal evidence about hydroxychloroquine, and that was incredibly stupid (which i totally agree)....but now we are ONLY mad at trump for not making official statements based on anecdotal evidence about airborne transmission? Fauci gets a pass on that? I am a huge Fauci fan, but i disagree there.

I know it is hard to do nowadays....but we can agree on part of this (that trump not sharing the liklihood of airborne transmission earlier and admitting to downplaying everything to avoid panic is/was inexcusable), and also disagree if it looks bad on others. If you want to give Fauci a pass by all means feel free, but I don't.

To me, the bigger deal is admitting he downplayed it on purpose. That is incredibly fucked up since it helped shaped how many people chose to view the virus....and even more crazy that it is continuing even currently.
Last edited by Deleted User 310 on Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 89

Deleted User 310

RussianHawk wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:41 pm Two points: If the White House which is ultimately ran by the President says don't talk about something then as an administration official you don't, unless you want to be fired. Also, it's my guess that early reports of virus being airborne were more than likely classified so the only person able to actually share this information legally is the President.
fair enough, but EVERYTHING else seems to leak to the media from this White House so this could have easily as well....but it didn't.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:43 pm
RussianHawk wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:41 pm Two points: If the White House which is ultimately ran by the President says don't talk about something then as an administration official you don't, unless you want to be fired. Also, it's my guess that early reports of virus being airborne were more than likely classified so the only person able to actually share this information legally is the President.
fair enough, but EVERYTHING else seems to leak to the media from this White House so this could have easily as well....but it didn't.
No, it did. It just wasn't published until today.
Deleted User 89

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:42 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:28 pm

I can't help but see the hypocrisy and selective outrage.

Trump was making official statememts based on anecdotal evidence about hydroxychloroquine, and that was incredibly stupid (which i totally agree)....but now we are ONLY mad at trump for not making official statements based on anecdotal evidence about airborne transmission? Fauci gets a pass on that? I am a huge Fauci fan, but i disagree there.

I know it is hard to do nowadays....but we can agree on part of this (that trump not sharing the liklihood of airborne transmission earlier and admitting to downplaying everything to avoid panic is/was inexcusable), and also disagree if it looks bad on others. If you want to give Fauci a pass by all means feel free, but I don't.

To me, the bigger deal is admitting he downplayed it on purpose. That is incredibly fucked up since it helped shaped how many people chose to view the virus....and even more crazy that it is continuing even currently.
i actually have more respect for Fauci because he didn’t jump the gun, so to speak

and as Russianhawk just posted, and i alluded to earlier, appointees fall in line or loose their job

illy, you’re drawing an equivalency on a relatively minute point...distilling the whole issue down to transmissibility. the issue in my mind is that Fauci didn’t downplay the severity of the situation, which trump did numerous times.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I'm the guy who since day 1 said Fauci is/was a fraud. He fucking lied numerous times on behalf of the President and the CDC. Our Surgeon General is a fraud too. I also believe Birx has always been more about her fucking scarves than anything else. Fuck 'em all.
Deleted User 310

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:50 pm illy, you’re drawing an equivalency on a relatively minute point...distilling the whole issue down to transmissibility. the issue in my mind is that Fauci didn’t downplay the severity of the situation, which trump did numerous times.
Transmissibility isn't a minute point (and I wasn't saying that Fauci's mistake was equivalent to Trump's multiple mistakes)....but i agree it isn't the whole issue with what was revealed today.

Just so we are clear, since i went in on Fauci.....i think Trump should resign based on those comments and what has transpired since that time.

He won't, but that is what i think he should do. He is in over his head. Making worse and worse mistakes as time goes on.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Trump did the right thing today in saying he wanted to keep the nation calm. He has said that before. Hard to fault him for wanting calm over panic. Problem is he has proven he can't be trusted to tell the American citizens the harsh truth. He's always been a two-faced asshole - long before he became President.

On another subject.......
Have you guys and girls heard/read about Homeland Security basically telling people to lie about various intelligence reports?

People got mad at me years ago when I said we live in a horse shit country with horse shit leadership. Sorry for expressing the truth - and what others refuse to believe and accept.
Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:07 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:28 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:59 pm
Yes. Probably half. The best way to stop the spread is a nearly full on shutdown like the successful countries have done. We stopped our half assed shutdown far too early...and didn't shutdown nearly enough things. People became complacent and lost desire to lockdown for numerous reasons.

This is from a few months ago...

https://apnews.com/915fdbccb3434fee125efaaaaefba0af

"Half of Americans now favor stay-at-home orders, down from about 6 in 10 one month ago and 8 in 10 in April. And about 6 in 10 favor limits on how many people can gather together, down from about 7 in 10 one month ago and about 8 in 10 in April."
But that's my point: fully 1/3 of the country will believe whatever Trump tells them to believe. If he would have told the truth, our path would have been very. very different.
Very true. I totally agree with that.
(thread)

https://twitter.com/celinegounder/statu ... 8949952513
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It is murder--and political genocide when you look at how they withheld PPE and assistance from NYC and Washington.
Deleted User 310

These are the nights I watch fox news to see how they flip the script.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:02 pm These are the nights I watch fox news to see how they flip the script.
Tried it for a few minutes. Looks like they're ignoring it and instead focusing on an obscure right wing Norwegian politician nominating Trump for the "Noble [sic]" prize. I think they covered it more than they covered Obama actually winning it.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I can’t wait for the first debate. Biden is not Hillary or Obama. What’s the over-under on how long into the debate he’s going to meltdown?