George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Ugh.
Deleted User 310

Re: George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Post by Deleted User 310 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:20 am Would it make you feel better to learn I’ve never voted for a dem, once, ever?
TRUMPER!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, I know. We’ve been over this. I voted for Trump, remember?

for the lulz.

aaand boy did he deliver!
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Another week, another BLM activist murders some people.

https://wearesc.com/forum/index.php?thr ... ple.73306/
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That’s awful.

But other than his shirt, is there any evidence he was carrying out some BLM agenda?

Cuz according to that link, the restaurant owner says the shootings were “totally random,” and bro we have a thread for that.
Deleted User 310

It isn't an agenda. BLM (the movement) isn't instructing people to kill anyone. In fact most people who agree with the movement itself (me for example) do not support the looting/violence.

So him wearing a shirt with Breonna Taylor on it doesn't mean it is an agenda. Sounds like a crazy guy who committed murder. Was the murder racially motivated? Maybe.... are the people who got killed white? Were they ex cops? Was the establishment targeted because it was owned by an ex cop?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If you read lobster’s link, and keep clicking through to the other links reporting, it says two victims were white and one was black.

That suggests that this dude may not be any kind of BLM activist, since his actions indicate at least one black life didn’t matter to him.

There’s also a bit from the owner: "Social media is full of people saying this happened and that happened and wanted to get political with it; there was nothing political about what happened”
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

lobster=dolomite?
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Walrus wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:08 am Another week, another BLM activist murders some people.

Another day, another white supremacist asshole posts something stupid on kansascrimson.com

See what I did there?
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:27 am If you read lobster’s link, and keep clicking through to the other links reporting, it says two victims were white and one was black.

That suggests that this dude may not be any kind of BLM activist, since his actions indicate at least one black life didn’t matter to him.

There’s also a bit from the owner: "Social media is full of people saying this happened and that happened and wanted to get political with it; there was nothing political about what happened”
Shocking. Media outlets/people pushing a narrative that fits their agenda!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Moving right along -

State of emergency declared in Louisville in anticipation of the grand jury decision on the Breonna Taylor case...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Walrus wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:08 am Another week, another BLM activist murders some people.

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:09 pm
ousdahl wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:27 am If you read lobster’s link, and keep clicking through to the other links reporting, it says two victims were white and one was black.

Shocking. Media outlets/people pushing a narrative that fits their agenda!

Rhynes, who has no violent criminal history prior to Friday's shootings, was wearing a shirt that said "#Freedom," Burbrink said Monday, and included an image of the faces of Muhammad Ali and Colin Kaepernick. The detective said Breonna Taylor, the 26-year-old Black woman shot and killed by LMPD officers this year in a case that has sparked more than 100 days of protests in the city, was not referenced on the shirt...

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/n ... 855986002/
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:42 pm Moving right along -

State of emergency declared in Louisville in anticipation of the grand jury decision on the Breonna Taylor case...
There is just no way that the movement is going to get the ruling they desire. It is a terrible situation. But the fact they got shot at (right or wrong that they were there in the first place) is going to make it hard for the people who want murder charges to be satisfied.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I mean, the details are all pretty fucked up, even mind boggling at times.

But yeah, it’s just too hard to get charges to stick against cops. (What ever happened to the cop who shot Jacob Blake 7 times in the back? Still on paid vacation?)

But yeah, prob not a good sign that the city’s declaring an emergency before they even make the results public.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

But yeah. Shit I need to cut that out.
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:13 pm But yeah, it’s just too hard to get charges to stick against cops. (What ever happened to the cop who shot Jacob Blake 7 times in the back? Still on paid vacation?)
Rusten Skeskey is his name.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/27/us/ruste ... index.html

I am assuming he is still suspended pending investigation and decision on charges.

The whole paid vacation is an example of why reform to the system is needed. Especially reform to how their unions are structured and what terms they/we agree to.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, that, and the whole SHOOT A GUY 7 TIMES IN THE BACK IN FRONT OF HIS KIDS is an example of why reform to the system is needed too.

If this were any other person in society, we’d all be so appalled.
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:10 pm Yeah, that, and the whole SHOOT A GUY 7 TIMES IN THE BACK IN FRONT OF HIS KIDS is an example of why reform to the system is needed too.

If this were any other person in society, we’d all be so appalled.
I think we are almost all appalled. I certainly am. I think that even if he was reaching for a knife/carrying a knife (or possibly claiming he was going for a gun) that they should have taken measures to get him on the ground long before he got to the car. 2 of them should have been able to tackle his ass and cuff him. Instead the walked behind him until he did something that made them fear for their life and 1 of them shot him. 7 times.

The whole in front of his kids thing is also extremely sad....but having your kids present doesn't mean you get a free pass to pull a weapon on a cop. If he was reaching for a gun then i get use of force, but he should have never had the chance to get to the car to reach for whatever he was reaching for.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I have a hard time buying a fear for my life defense in that one, not that there’s any real legal threshold

Based on the body language of the situation, it was less fear for his life and more respecting his authoritah.
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:22 pm I have a hard time buying a fear for my life defense in that one, not that there’s any real legal threshold

Based on the body language of the situation, it was less fear for his life and more respecting his authoritah.
I do not think the cop shot him simply because he wanted him to respect his "authoritah". Watching the video it is pretty clear to me they didn't want him getting whatever he was trying to get out of his car....but again, walking behind him pulling on his shirt while pointing a gun at him wasn't an effective way to stop him. Especially not when there is another cop following right behind. Even if he was holding a knife. There are 2 of you. Take his ass down or something. Anything other than shooting him.

The woman following him yelling at him saying "don't you do it" makes me think the claims he said he was going to get a weapon may have some merit. I think she is the one who called the cops in the first place.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:29 pm
I do not think the cop shot him simply because he wanted him to respect his "authoritah".