Roe v Wade

Ugh.
Deleted User 310

Roe v Wade

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Guessing this thread will get some use in the coming months/year.

I have said it before, but i will say it again, i am pro-choice.

What are everyone's thoughts on 3rd trimester abortions? That is where i get a little more "pro-lifey", with obvious exceptions such as protecting the health of the mother or if the child has serious health issues....but not to the point i am sold on government regulation of a woman's right to choose.

I'd be curious how frequent 3rd trimester abortions are when there is no health risk to the mother and/or no health issues with the child? My guess is that it is very rare.
ousdahl

Re: Roe v Wade

Post by ousdahl »

As a born and raised Catholic, I am so pro-life that I think life begins at erection.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, I think third trimester abortions are extremely rare, and already illegal.

Most modern restrictions include things like prohibitions after just a few weeks, sometimes before a woman even knows she’s pregnant; closing abortion clinics so a woman has to travel hours or to another state; mandatory waiting periods or mandatory educational courses discouraging abortion before a woman can receive one; mandatory ultrasounds/probes to make a woman see the embryo/fetus before making a decision, shit like that.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I think we should understand the Roe opinion.

There is nothing in Roe supporting third trimester abortions
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:04 pm As a born and raised Catholic, I am so pro-life that I think life begins at erection.
Is masterbation a form of abortion?
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:10 pm Yeah, I think third trimester abortions are extremely rare, and already illegal.
They are definitely rare...but i don't see anything about them being "illegal"... although most places won't perform them.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:14 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:04 pm As a born and raised Catholic, I am so pro-life that I think life begins at erection.
It wouldn’t be hard to find a priest who would tell you as much.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:18 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:10 pm Yeah, I think third trimester abortions are extremely rare, and already illegal.
They are definitely rare...but i don't see anything about them being "illegal"... although most places won't perform them.
Heck, in some states, even first trimester abortions are illegal
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I’m personally opposed to abortion but I also believe my opinion is immaterial and has no place in a decision which is between the woman, her family and her physician.

I’d just as soon get Roe v Wade overturned, have individual States do whatever and expose the GOP as an utterly vacuous entity, whose whole purpose for existence will now be reduced to white supremacy and water carriers for a corrupt terrorist organization called the NRA.

If it turns the GOP nationally what it’s become in California it would be an overall successful outcome. Women in states like Texas and Louisiana will have to keep voting in large numbers to eventually achieve through legislation the outcome that is currently guaranteed legally
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I think everyone is personally opposed to abortion, in the sense no one wants to have one. (I’ve never heard of a chick intentionally getting knocked up just for the fun of aborting it.)

I think the “pro-abortion” crowd isn’t pro-abortion so much as they are pro-minding one’s own business. It’s a constitutional matter of privacy.
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:19 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:14 pm
It wouldn’t be hard to find a priest who would tell you as much.
Father forgive me, i have sinned. A lot.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It’s not masturbation, it’s sex with someone I love.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

I’m pro-choice, I also feel religion plays too big of a role in politics and vice versa.

I have a friend who doesn’t believe Joe Biden is Catholic anymore. Simply for the fact that he sides with pro-choice.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦