Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 89

Re: Who is the GOAT

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jib?
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Paul Milsap has not been an all star since 2014 fwiw. Even then he was borderline but got lots of votes since he played in ATL. There was 1 year where the hawks got like 4 guys which was ridiculous. Paul Milsap from 6 years ago was a lot better than Paul Milsap this year who was maybe his teams 3rd or 4th best player and barely averaged 10pts per game... but i get what you are saying.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:07 pm Dumars might not suck, but wouldn't be great.

Ewing might not suck, but he might not be great either.
We will never know and my definition of great is probably a lot different than your's

Joe Dumars is a Hall of Famer.
Dumars was a Finals MVP.
Dumars was a 6x All Star.
Dumars was a 4 time first team all defensive player.
Michael Jordan said Dumars was the best defender he ever faced.

Patrick Ewing is a Hall of Famer.
6 times he finished in the top 5 in MVP voting.
8 times he finished top 10 in rebounds.
10 times he finished top 10 in blocks.
11 times he finished top 10 in defensive rating.

My guess is both guys in their prime/s would be "great" players in the NBA in 2021.
Deleted User 310

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Pierce is on the short list for most underrated player in NBA history

And for those who forget, it’s:

1. Wilt
2. Danny
3. Pierce
4. Up for debate
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Who’s top 2 in game winners?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Dirk and Kobe?
Deleted User 310

In the Playoffs/Finals?

I think it depends how you define game winners....if you mean shots at the buzzer to win then i have no idea....if it is simply go ahead baskets under a minute i think i have seen LeBron is number 1 in playoffs/finals.

If regular season then i have no idea.
Deleted User 289

It seems many people don't comprehend that the basket Joe Blow made in the first quarter was just as important in the outcome of the game as the basket Joe Superstar made at the end of the game.
I remind people that Mario's shot was no doubt incredible and is often referred to as the most important shot in Kansas Basketball history but......
Mario MISSED 8 other shots in the game.
How many non KU fans have any idea that Shady Arthur had 20 and 10 in that game?
How many non KU fans have any idea that DJax had 3 HUGE defensive rebounds in overtime and that in theory HIS layup in overtime was the "game winner"?
How many non KU fans have any idea that Fatty Collins had twice as many assists as any other KU player in the game?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:43 am In the Playoffs/Finals?

I think it depends how you define game winners....if you mean shots at the buzzer to win then i have no idea....if it is simply go ahead baskets under a minute i think i have seen LeBron is number 1 in playoffs/finals.

God damnit you’re such a fucking bron ball sucker. The period in question is 99-04
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Grandma wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:45 am It seems many people don't comprehend that the basket Joe Blow made in the first quarter was just as important in the outcome of the game as the basket Joe Superstar made at the end of the game.
I remind people that Mario's shot was no doubt incredible and is often referred to as the most important shot in Kansas Basketball history but......
How many non KU fans have any idea that Shady Arthur had 20 and 10 in that game?
How many non KU fans have any idea that DJax had 3 HUGE defensive rebounds in overtime and that in theory HIS layup in overtime was the "game winner"?
How many non KU fans have any idea that Fatty Collins had twice as many assists as any other KU player in the game?
Fuck you.

Take your fucking meds psycho
Deleted User 289

Cascadia wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:46 am
Grandma wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:45 am It seems many people don't comprehend that the basket Joe Blow made in the first quarter was just as important in the outcome of the game as the basket Joe Superstar made at the end of the game.
Fuck you.

Take your fucking meds psycho
LULZ!

Very good! Very nice!

Deleted User 310

Cascadia wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:45 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:43 am In the Playoffs/Finals?

God damnit you’re such a fucking bron ball sucker. The period in question is 99-04
I am not really that big on sucking balls.

But just so you know....it WASN'T just 99-04 for the game winner part. It clearly says Pierce is 3rd ALL TIME in game winners.

The 99-04 part was just about being 3rd in scoring over that time period.

😤
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:27 pm Who’s top 2 in game winners?
If they are talking about game winning buzzer beaters as defined by "shots (a) taken with the shooter’s team trailing or tied and (b) that won the game while leaving no time left on the clock" then it's Jordan with 9, Kobe with 8 and Pierce tied with LeBron with 7.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/2/18 ... rs-history.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Bob Horry has more game winners and more rings than everyone in this thread. Clearly this quantifies the personal opinion of greatest.
I am, I said.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:07 pm
If they are talking about game winning buzzer beaters as defined by "shots (a) taken with the shooter’s team trailing or tied and (b) that won the game while leaving no time left on the clock" then it's Jordan with 9, Kobe with 8 and Pierce tied with LeBron with 7.

"three were in the playoffs (trailing only LeBron)"

Don't tell the LeBron isn't clutch crowd that he has more playoff buzzer beaters than MJ, lol.
Deleted User 289

NDballer13 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:33 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:07 pm

"three were in the playoffs (trailing only LeBron)"

Don't tell the LeBron isn't clutch crowd that he has more playoff buzzer beaters than MJ, lol.
I have no problem saying at times LeBron is/has been clutch so I don't fall in to the "LeBron isn't clutch crowd".
Meanwhile, what has LeBron played? About 250-260 playoff games? What did Jordan play? About 200?
I honestly don't know the answer to this. How many more buzzer beaters did LeBron make in the playoffs and regardless of the answer, let's look at the big picture. Jordan not needing to hit buzzer beaters to win 6 championships (and winning over 100 playoff games) will always be just fine with me.
Deleted User 310

Any way to look up each of their career average margin of victory in playoffs?
Deleted User 310

Deleted User 289

LeBron > MJ.
As you kids and our resident old man would say - "Kewl!"
So many different things to factor in but hey, it's a lovely "graphic" that you shared. Thanks!
Let's go ahead and crown the "Chosen 1" King James as the GOAT and then can we move on?