Deleted User 318

Re: Pooka opts out:

Post by Deleted User 318 »

There goes the season.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yikes.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

That guy made Kansas football fun. Too bad. But I get it.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

I’m not going to comment any more on this subject, but anyone with a brain saw this coming.

He will enter the draft in the Spring. I’d even venture to say he is essentially dropping out of school.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I will say this. Dearmon needs to earn his salary Saturday. Better see the most diverse and unpredictable offense we’ve seen to this point.

Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I clocked out on KU football two years ago.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So bad.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:37 pm I will say this. Dearmon needs to earn his salary Saturday. Better see the most diverse and unpredictable offense we’ve seen to this point.
How would you like to be Jeff Long right about now. COVID, cancelation of basketball, basketball going to the independent panel and now the worst football team in KU history. Yikes.

With Kendrick in line to start on Saturday this is going to be blood bath. WR screen right. WR screen left. RPO hand off to Gardner. Punt. Rinse and repeat.

This is going from bad, to really bad, to potentially soul crushing. Thank goodness we have the memories from the Orange Bowl because I don't have any faith in this coaching staff to make adjustments to make this some what feasible. Might as well throw all the young pups to the wolves and get them live reps because the starters right now should all be benched.

Best of luck in the league, Pook. Like a comet. He flashed bright for a short amount of time and then was gone.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

His stock as a backfield player was dropping every game with this team.

His last play showed an ability to return kicks. And, he bolts.

I get it.
BehindtheLine

Post by BehindtheLine »

Disappointing but not surprising. I know that this is a crazy year, but has anyone else checked to see what Khalil Herbert is doing in a conference behind a competent line in a conference where they play a little more defense than the Big12?
61 carries
592 yds
9.7 avg
5 TDs
plus three catches for another 75 yds and a TD.
We may have had the two best running backs in the league at the start of fall 2019...who knew.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Honestly, I have no idea why Tony Hull would stay here after this season.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:37 pm I will say this. Dearmon needs to earn his salary Saturday. Better see the most diverse and unpredictable offense we’ve seen to this point.
I don't think it needs to be the most diverse and unpredictable. I think it needs to be the most time consuming offense. I know it is kind of a chicken shit offense but it is the only way to keep the game close. Run the clock out and hope for the defense/special teams to pull out a few miracles.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:53 pm His stock as a backfield player was dropping every game with this team.

His last play showed an ability to return kicks. And, he bolts.

I get it.
I get a frustrated player who was becoming just another RB in college football who was playing on a shit team while watching his NFL "stock" tumble - and if his mother is suffering from some health issue/s - then there was ZERO good reason/s for him to stay at KU.
Normally I might say it's a crappy thing to "quit" when things are tough but in this case, it's a great thing for him to put a depressing crappy football team (and season - for HIM) behind him and be with his mother.
It will be interesting to see when/where he is drafted. I figure if he could have left after his Freshman season he would have left - and he just might have been drafted in the first few rounds.
Now, I think he is a middle to late round pick.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I've seen him always as a mid to late rounder because he's not an every down back. He might not even be a back but rather a slot or something like a utility in Tarik Cohen that also plays special teams. His size definitely hurts him in the NFL.

If he runs in the low 4.3's like he supposedly did in HS, then he'll find NFL contracts. Not a bad deal for him at all.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Pooka being relevant in the NFL might be the only positive step for the good of this football program. And I still believe is Les. Just a little less.
I am, I said.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Soklous wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:34 am Pooka being relevant in the NFL might be the only positive step for the good of this football program. And I still believe is Les. Just a little less.
Yes. Nothing good comes out of watching Pooka tear it up at LSU like Ja'Marr Chase did or like Khalil is doing now at Va. Tech.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I agree with Gutter’s post.

KU’s offense doesn’t need diversity. I keep going back to this:

When Glen Mason was here, it was the toss sweep to the short side of the field. That play was called on a 3rd and 8. The off play would be the fake pitch and hand off to the flanker on a reverse. Learn four plays, do them well, and you will be fine.

I remember 18 play drives lasting 9 minutes. That’s what I want.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Khalil is such a strange back. Dude doesn't get much for 14 of his carries a game, then like 3 of his carries go for 40+ yards.

Like here's a legit carry-by-carry log for him..

Carry for 1 yard.
Carry for 2 yards.
Carry for 6 yards.
Carry for 7 yards.
Carry for 0 yards.
Carry for 57 yards.

Good for him. He's doing well. Both him and Pooka will likely be in the league next year. And they've both done what they need to do to get there.

Both late round picks likely. Pooka before Herbert based on KR ability and the ability to catch the ball and be more elusive in space, but I think Herbert has a chance to do some good things too.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Anyone wonder if Pook opts out and goes to another school for a year or is this an opportunity to start preparing for the draft?
Holidaysmore - 2005