Contributor

Re: Best Food

Post by TDub »

Good golly
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

How much weight if any have people gained in the past 6 weeks?
My crappy digital scale says I have gained 2 pounds. No way. I wish. I have gained closer to 20 than 2.
Lack of exercise, eating shitty food (good tasting but bad for me) and isolation/depression/boredom are a terrible combo.
Back to BEST FOOD - and hopefully someone can turn it back to NOT being a depressing thread.....
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If anything I think I’ve been loosing weight. With no excuse not to, I’ve been getting in a strenuous ski/run/bike pretty much daily.

But I’m worried about the beaver. I dunno if it’s my business, but he’s got a pretty good beer belly going.

It’s like come on bro, I know you’re an amphibious rodent and all, but maybe lay off the willows for a couple days.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Executive order to keep meat plants open... I am absolutely dumbfounded that supposed conservatives seem to like this guy.

There is a high demand for meat, yet ranchers are reducing supplies because of middlemen being shut down. And there are a lot of unemployed people. And this is essential business.

There are a lot of opportunities in this new reality to connect supply and demand. And a lot of people available to take those opportunities. I trust the free market here.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Mjl wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:05 pm Executive order to keep meat plants open... I am absolutely dumbfounded that supposed conservatives seem to like this guy.

There is a high demand for meat, yet ranchers are reducing supplies because of middlemen being shut down. And there are a lot of unemployed people. And this is essential business.

There are a lot of opportunities in this new reality to connect supply and demand. And a lot of people available to take those opportunities. I trust the free market here.
You sure you want wet markets?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Geezer wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:23 pm
Mjl wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:05 pm Executive order to keep meat plants open... I am absolutely dumbfounded that supposed conservatives seem to like this guy.

You sure you want wet markets?
A more regulated, less live version? Maybe. I don't know the solution. But I do trust that, when something in high demand is having it's supply intentionally reduced, that someone can figure out a profitable solution in which everyone wins.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:39 pmGood golly

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/ ... tfw">April
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:22 pm If anything I think I’ve been loosing weight. With no excuse not to, I’ve been getting in a strenuous ski/run/bike pretty much daily.

But I’m worried about the beaver. I dunno if it’s my business, but he’s got a pretty good beer belly going.

It’s like come on bro, I know you’re an amphibious rodent and all, but maybe lay off the willows for a couple days.
I've lost a bit of weight, too. No fried food, big dinners/nights out, more effort to stay active.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

I'd like to endorse these once more.

Wimmer's. Natural. Casing. Hot. Dogs.

I urge you to try them.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Thanks CR, I'll look for them.
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

A little surprise I put together for Mrs 99. She didn't think it was funny.

Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:37 pm A little surprise I put together for Mrs 99. She didn't think it was funny.

mudbug!
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:13 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:22 pm If anything I think I’ve been loosing weight. With no excuse not to, I’ve been getting in a strenuous ski/run/bike pretty much daily.

I've lost a bit of weight, too. No fried food, big dinners/nights out, more effort to stay active.
Let's get this thread back on track!

We aren’t piling on pounds in lockdown, digital scale maker finds.
Despite concerns about gaining a ‘quarantine 15,’ Americans with connected scales made by Withings gained an average .21 pounds in March and April
Anand Giridharadas
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Thot the thread was about hot dogs...
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

With the weather getting colder, time for some Chicken N Dumplins

Mine is a two day process.

Day 1 I simmer a whole chicken with a box of Swanson's broth, usually the low sodium one.

Remove chicken, let cool and pick the meat.

Then return the bones and skin to the stock and simmer for another hour or two.

Strain and refrigerate.

Next day I pull off the chicken fat and heat the stock.

Add onion, carrot and celery along with some Italian seasoning and a lot of freshly ground black pepper.

Simmer till tender then add the chicken meat.

I salt at this point.

I add Reames frozen egg noodles (yeah, I call them dumplings)

Cook over low heat for 20 minutes or so.

I thicken with a flour and water slurry.

Gets my kid home from college.
Defense. Rebounds.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

After reading that, I don’t need an ED pill
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Haha.

Yeah good stuff 99!

What happens if you keep the chicken fat in it? Would it add flavor or just make it greasy?

And are proper dumplings a pita? What if you just used like a package of gnocchi or something?

Not that I don’t live noodles. But I love dumplings too.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

You can keep the chicken fat (schmaltz) in if you want. It will be greasy until you stir in the slurry. I usually remove it.

I've made them myself. It's a bit of a mess. Butter/shortning/schmaltz mixed into flour, salt, a little sugar and egg. Reames makes frozen dumplings, the egg noodles work better for me.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm adding frozen green peas to that.
And maybe fresh parsley and rosemary.
And heroine.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »