2020 NCAA Football (Non-KU)

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 289

Re: 2020 NCAA Football (Non-KU)

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Grandma wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:21 pm I assume they are not but the KU players and coaching staff might enjoy watching the Northwestern / Purdue game. Certainly wouldn't hurt them if they were watching it.
Win or lose, Northwestern is so well coached and the players actually do such a good job of executing the game plan. They are a pleasure to watch play football.
I take back everything I said.
NU Cats started running a Nagy/Lazor offense up 14 in the 4th and now they are going to end up losing the game because of it.
Deleted User 289

Grandma wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:15 pm
Grandma wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:21 pm I assume they are not but the KU players and coaching staff might enjoy watching the Northwestern / Purdue game. Certainly wouldn't hurt them if they were watching it.
Win or lose, Northwestern is so well coached and the players actually do such a good job of executing the game plan. They are a pleasure to watch play football.
I take back everything I said.
NU Cats started running a Nagy/Lazor offense up 14 in the 4th and now they are going to end up losing the game because of it.
It's good to be wrong!
Cats 27-20 winners.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Michigan losing 20-0 to Wisconsin. Safe to assume Jimmy will be gone? Most likely he is headed back to the League but if you are Jeff Long you at least have to call his agent and ask.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 289

Yes, I figure he's gone. I think there is a huge buyout. Something like 10-12 million. Oh well.
I don't see how any MU football fan could/would want him around for another season of JUNK.
Of course Jim Harbaugh is a better coach than I am but how much worse would Michigan be if I was their coach with the same assistants? I think the correct answer is - probably some but not much.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Michigan fan had unrealistic expectations for Harbaugh that he could never achieve but his biggest flaw was losing to tOSU every year. (and to a similar degree a losing record to Michigan State)
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 289

Last week - "Personal feeling is we're close to doing it," Harbaugh said. "You see it done [in practice], you see it happening, and then it's gotta take the next step of happening in the games. There's guys that are doing it [in the games] and others will get it and you just keep coaching.
"As a coach, that's what you do, you keep coaching and players keep learning, and they get the experience of they can do it."
"They work extremely hard, their schemes are really good and they coach them good," Harbaugh said. "We just keep forging ahead, keep -- stay after it to make that next step. Critical step."

THIS WEEK (after losing by 38 at home) - "Not a good place as a football team right now, and that falls on me," Harbaugh said. "Got to get after really going back to basics in everything that we do and look at everything that we're doing. Everybody's got to do better. I'm at the front of the line in the accountability."

I don't give a damn if Harbaugh was Nick Saban, he's basically admitted he, his staff, and his players are all clueless as to what the heck is going on - other than they suck.

Meanwhile, you have Ed Orgeron who after last season basically felt he was the greatest coach in the world with the greatest football program in the country - is getting a huge wake up call this season.

Notre Dame is most likely going to go to a BCS Playoff game. Are they really that good? Good enough to beat the #1 Clemson Tigers (without Lawrence).

2020 College Football.......

Is Indiana really a top 10 team? Maybe, but I'm not buying it. They have beaten teams that are usually good but this season have been crap.
Is Coastal Carolina really a top 15 team? Sure, why not?
Is LIBERTY really a top 25 team? I can't prove they are not worthy of their ranking but I'm confident if they played teams like Auburn, Texas, and even UNC, (teams that were ranked below them) I'm fairly confident they would be a sub.500 team.

It's been a really fucked up college football season that is going to be even more fucked up come Bowl time.
edjayhawk

Post by edjayhawk »

Are they having bowl games this year? I know they're having the CFP but haven't heard anything else.
Deleted User 289

Worthless predictions 11/21/20

IND 20 OSU 41
CLEM 40 FSU 17
FLA 41 VANDY 3
APPY ST. 24 COAST C 31
N. ALA 10 BYU 61
CINCI 31 UCF 27
WISCO 31 NOWEST 20
UCLA 17 OREG 35
KTCKY 20 ALA 40
KSU 23 ISU 31
TENN 17 AUB 30
MISS ST 13 GEO 47
OK ST 20 OKL 35
LIB 23 NC ST 31
USC 31 UTAH 30
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Not that KU fans have any room to talk. But kstate is losing 38-0 at Iowa State. Has 112 total yards and they look awful.

I mean KU looked competent against Iowa State and KU is playing almost 40 freshmen and kstate has a lot of older guys on their team and they do that.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 289

I f'ing love Northwestern!

P.S. Pat Fitzgerald is such an awesome guy. Total class act and a heck of a coach.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Imagine being shutout. Has happened to only one team this year in the Big 12 and it’s not the Kansas Jayhawks.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 289

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:17 pm Imagine being shutout. Has happened to only one team this year in the Big 12 and it’s not the Kansas Jayhawks.
Imagine giving up 55 points and losing by 41 to the team that was shutout. Has happened to only one team this year in the Big 12 and it IS the Kansas Jayhawks.
Just sayin'.

Deleted User 289

Grandma wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:28 am Worthless predictions 11/21/20

IND 20 OSU 41
CLEM 40 FSU 17
FLA 41 VANDY 3
APPY ST. 24 COAST C 31
N. ALA 10 BYU 61
CINCI 31 UCF 27
WISCO 31 NOWEST 20
UCLA 17 OREG 35
KTCKY 20 ALA 40
KSU 23 ISU 31
TENN 17 AUB 30
MISS ST 13 GEO 47
OK ST 20 OKL 35
LIB 23 NC ST 31
USC 31 UTAH 30
Auburn / Tennessee Final was 30-17 Just as I had predicted.
Straight up 13-1 I figure most people would have been the same or very close to it.
Deleted User 289

Grandma wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:00 pm I f'ing love Northwestern!

P.S. Pat Fitzgerald is such an awesome guy. Total class act and a heck of a coach.

Northwestern didn't allow Wisconsin to take a snap in the red zone the entire game.

https://twitter.com/NUFBFamily/status/1 ... 5884435457

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH38BL5jNzq/?

https://twitter.com/Matt2Clapp/status/1 ... 7720894465
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Grandma wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:46 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:17 pm Imagine being shutout. Has happened to only one team this year in the Big 12 and it’s not the Kansas Jayhawks.
Imagine giving up 55 points and losing by 41 to the team that was shutout. Has happened to only one team this year in the Big 12 and it IS the Kansas Jayhawks.
Just sayin'.

Shut up Gutter. I’m half joking. Sheesh.

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:32 am
Just sayin'.

It’s just classic psycho, he can’t help himself. Plus, you always have to remember, gutter is not a KU fan.
Deleted User 289

Just sayin'.

I think I have said it before and I will say it again. I truly admire that you are a glass 7/8 full guy.
I'm half joking too. Except my half joke is unfortunately 100% true.
Deleted User 289

Cascadia wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:41 am

Just sayin'.

It’s just classic psycho, he can’t help himself. Plus, you always have to remember, gutter is not a KU fan.
I can help myself - just as you can help yourself in terms of your continuously calling me "psycho".
We both CHOOSE to say and do what we please. I got my reaction, you made your response. We both walk away winners. Or losers. I'll let you decide.

I AM a KU fan but I also realize KU football is one of the 5 most embarrassing college programs in the country. It hasn't been enjoyable to be a KU football fan this past decade. It hasn't been enjoyable to be a KU football fan for most of the 36 years I have been a KU Football fan.
I feel fortunate this season (and many others) to have my Northwestern Wildcats to fall back on.
I was a Northwestern fan long before I was a KU fan. I have been a Northwestern fan for 50 years to be exact.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Grandma wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:20 am
Cascadia wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:41 am

I can help myself - just as you can help yourself in terms of your continuously calling me "psycho".
We both CHOOSE to say and do what we please. I got my reaction, you made your response. We both walk away winners. Or losers. I'll let you decide.

I AM a KU fan but I also realize KU football is one of the 5 most embarrassing college programs in the country. It hasn't been enjoyable to be a KU football fan this past decade. It hasn't been enjoyable to be a KU football fan for most of the 36 years I have been a KU Football fan.
I feel fortunate this season (and many others) to have my Northwestern Wildcats to fall back on.
I was a Northwestern fan long before I was a KU fan. I have been a Northwestern fan for 50 years to be exact.
You do nothing but ridicule KU teams, coaches, players and administrators. You never say anything positive and usually respond to positive KU posts with more ridicule.

Being a psycho, you can’t help. I get that. But you could choose to sop being an asshole and fake ass KU fan
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Take the KU qualifier out of it and thats a pretty accurate description of your posting style.
Just Ledoux it