Chefs

Kansas Football.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Chefs

Post by TDub »

Sparko wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:43 pm Every kick return was penalized—fair catches looking pretty smart. No fun league does not love special teams play
Highest percentage of injuries in football. Full speed head on collisions arent good for the head. Reducing kick off returns and injuries has been an emphasis for years....watching closely for penalties has been part of that process.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

We have Mahomes, Kelce and Hill and no one else does. Good luck.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mahomes.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

TDub wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:27 pm
Sparko wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:43 pm Every kick return was penalized—fair catches looking pretty smart. No fun league does not love special teams play
Highest percentage of injuries in football. Full speed head on collisions arent good for the head. Reducing kick off returns and injuries has been an emphasis for years....watching closely for penalties has been part of that process.
Yeah. Pringle hurt his ankle on the last one. Just not worth it.

And Mahomes in crunch time isn’t fair.
thebones

Post by thebones »

pdub wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:31 pmMahomes.
1:15 for that drive.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Watching the Chiefs reminds of the 90s Bools Championship teams.
They coast along and then when they need to kick it in to "5th gear" it happens - and then it's game over.
As an NFL fan, the playoff game I am most looking forward to right now would be the Chiefs / Steelers.
There is no team in the NFC that I feel is better than "very good" so of course while the Super Bowl is the ultimate game, it will/would be anti-climatic for me if the Chiefs and Steelers do meet in the AFC Championship.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

So yeah Mahomes is great. And as a Chiefs fan, I hate to type this but....

The Raiders are actually good and fun to watch. Carr is the most confident he's been since 2016 when he broke his leg in the 2nd to last game of the year. His eyes don't drop when he gets pressure, he's confident and he's calling A TON of audibles at the line. They have a deep threat as well as a powerful running game. That defense can fly around a bit too.

The Chiefs/Raiders games are so much more fun when the Raiders are good. The press conferences this week were fun regards to the Raiders victory lap around Arrowhead earlier. Reid and Gruden called tremendous games. That was fun.

However, in my best Mona Lisa Vito voice, the Chiefs have Mahomes. And when they got the ball back with 1:43, I think every Chiefs fan felt confident in the outcome. As Mahomes put is in his response in the post game presser what his thoughts were when they got the ball back, he said that they were "Going to score and win, don't know if it'll be in regulation or in OT. But they were going to score and win."
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mahomes is simply inevitable. What a joy.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:39 am Mahomes is simply inevitable. What a joy.
I had a nice back and forth with a guy on twitter. Someone started by saying that Raiders fans that are like 15 are going to have to deal with Mahomes until they're 30. And that's what Chiefs fans have had to do for year. Someone else commented that the Raiders split, which make the argument irrelevant. Here's what I responded with...

The Raiders might win a couple here and there, like the Chiefs did when Elway was in his prime. But Elway destroyed the Chiefs and Chiefs fans far more than the Chiefs beat Elway and the Broncos. Raiders fans are going to hate Mahomes like Chiefs fans hate Elway.

Like of course, the AFC West are going to win a game or two against Mahomes every few years, but he's going to do THAT THING far more often than he won't. I'm giddy.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

But also can we talk about that intentional grounding miss?
That's some bad officiating, basic stuff.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:43 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:39 am Mahomes is simply inevitable. What a joy.
I had a nice back and forth with a guy on twitter. Someone started by saying that Raiders fans that are like 15 are going to have to deal with Mahomes until they're 30. And that's what Chiefs fans have had to do for year. Someone else commented that the Raiders split, which make the argument irrelevant. Here's what I responded with...

The Raiders might win a couple here and there, like the Chiefs did when Elway was in his prime. But Elway destroyed the Chiefs and Chiefs fans far more than the Chiefs beat Elway and the Broncos. Raiders fans are going to hate Mahomes like Chiefs fans hate Elway.

Like of course, the AFC West are going to win a game or two against Mahomes every few years, but he's going to do THAT THING far more often than he won't. I'm giddy.
And it puts extreme pressure on other teams to do what the 90s Chiefs maddeningly refused to do: find a franchise QB of their own. Without that, you have no chance for anything better than one-off surprises.

The Donks do not look like they have one. Neither do the Raiders, despite Carr's friskiness. The Bolts might.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:48 am But also can we talk about that intentional grounding miss?
Absolutely horrible.

The other one that stood out was Mahomes being called OB two yards short of the first on his scramble. The one replay they had time to show made it look like his his heel might have stayed up.

That's probably a loser challenge, BUT - Reid spent a timeout there anyway, to set up a 4th down play. Why not just throw the challenge flag instead? Worst case, you lose the timeout but get a longer huddle.

This has always bothered me. Why not just challenge a spot if you're going to use the timeout?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:57 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:43 am

And it puts extreme pressure on other teams to do what the 90s Chiefs maddeningly refused to do: find a franchise QB of their own. Without that, you have no chance for anything better than one-off surprises.

The Donks do not look like they have one. Neither do the Raiders, despite Carr's friskiness. The Bolts might.
I generally don't trust the Chargers, but I think Herbert is an absolute stud.

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Id like him if he wasnt an Oregon product. I hate UofO and all that rises from that cheating pit of burning nike gear.
Just Ledoux it
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:01 am
pdub wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:48 am But also can we talk about that intentional grounding miss?
Absolutely horrible.

The other one that stood out was Mahomes being called OB two yards short of the first on his scramble. The one replay they had time to show made it look like his his heel might have stayed up.

That's probably a loser challenge, BUT - Reid spent a timeout there anyway, to set up a 4th down play. Why not just throw the challenge flag instead? Worst case, you lose the timeout but get a longer huddle.

This has always bothered me. Why not just challenge a spot if you're going to use the timeout?
Andy is not the best at challenges and when to use them, but at least he's better than Gruden. Gruden throws his out there on ANYTHING. In fact, I think statistically Gruden is actually the worst at like 30%. I think he kind of does it to subtly throw shade at the officials, but he's also really bad at it.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Raiders protection scheme against the Chiefs is pretty good; but oh my there were some uncalled holding plays. I think the Chiefs win by 14 or so if a few of those shirt grabs and pins were called. One of the reasons the special teams penalties stick out so much. It is great to follow a team that can simply win no matter what, however. The Vikings game must have been pretty frustrating for fans. Same with the Eagles.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Derek Carr is this generations Trent Green. A very good QB. Plays behind a great OL, has good RBs, an elite TE and some decent WR pieces. The probably is, as we as Chiefs fans know TG could never get you over the hill.
Mahomes is special. Generational. He is the guy that strikes fear in the heart of ever coordinator in the league and as a Chiefs fan thankfully he is our.
Holidaysmore - 2005
edjayhawk

Post by edjayhawk »

The chiefs defense is atrocious. Too many missed tackles and juke moves by the Raiders receivers. So I am holding my tongue as to any super bowl aspirations.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

The chiefs defense ranks:

7th in points allowed
15th in yards allowed
3rd in takeaway differential
7th in overall takeaways

Atrocious? WTF are you talking about?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I’ll admit that the Chiefs defense was pretty average to awful against LV. But the Raiders have built team speed and have the best OL in the AFC. But the defense have played well enough to be 9-1.