Re: Chefs

Post by edjayhawk »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:36 pm The chiefs defense ranks:

7th in points allowed
15th in yards allowed
3rd in takeaway differential
7th in overall takeaways

Atrocious? WTF are you talking about?
They gave up 31 points. they gave up 31 to Carolina. They gave up 40 to the Raiders in KC. Nough said.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

The Chiefs are going to give up yards. Just the way they are. The thing they have to improve on is winning on first down, getting off the field on 3rd down and making other teams kick FGs when they get in the red zone.
So is Brady finally done, done or we about to see a vintage Brady performance on Sunday. The weapons he has on the outside are elite so he doesn’t have the excuse there is no one to throw to like in NE.
Holidaysmore - 2005
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:55 am The Chiefs are going to give up yards. Just the way they are. The thing they have to improve on is winning on first down, getting off the field on 3rd down and making other teams kick FGs when they get in the red zone.
So is Brady finally done, done or we about to see a vintage Brady performance on Sunday. The weapons he has on the outside are elite so he doesn’t have the excuse there is no one to throw to like in NE.
So just first down, third down and giving up less points? Isn't that basically everything on defense?

The Chiefs have played soft on defense lately. They aren't getting any pass rush. They aren't playing tight coverage. They aren't forcing offenses to do anything. The defensive backfield seems to be sitting back waiting to see what the offense does and then chasing them down after the fact. Reactive vs. proactive. Swagger is a hard thing to keep up for more than a calendar year so a lull is certainly explainable.

They had a lull around this time last year where they lost 4 of 6 between weeks 5 and 10 before ripping off 9 straight wins on their way to a Super Bowl so at least they know what needs to be done. We'll see if they can recover in a similar manner. I am guardedly optimistic that they can, provided that they stay healthy on the defensive line and figure out how to get more pressure.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

edjayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:02 pm

7th in points allowed
15th in yards allowed
7th in overall takeaways

They gave up 31 points. they gave up 31 to Carolina. They gave up 40 to the Raiders in KC. Nough said.
7th in points allowed. Nough said nutjob
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:26 am
edjayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:02 pm

7th in points allowed
15th in yards allowed
7th in overall takeaways

7th in points allowed. Nough said nutjob
I'm going to preface this by saying I feel the Chiefs defense is UNDERRATED but.....

Interesting you chose to use those stats but didn't want to use....
26th in rushing yards allowed.
15th in rushing TD allowed.
19th in red zone TD allowed.
19th in sacks.

Or that you didn't want to point out that the Chiefs have played against the
16th, 11th, 7th, 25th, 23rd, 5th, 19th, 32nd, 16th and 23rd ranked offenses.

Come on. We can play this game all day but the bottom line is the numbers that matter the most are the numbers on the scoreboard at the end of the game.
Chiefs are 9-1 and their defense is not the primary but still a positive reason why.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Their defense isn’t atrocious
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Spags has made it below average which is all we need.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Like I said, the Chiefs defense was labeled as the thing that would keep the Chiefs from winning thw Sioer Bowl at this point last year and they ended up being a huge factor in them winning.

It's a long, stressful season. Consider these last few weeks the dog days of summer in an MLB season. I expect the defense to start rounding into shape these next 3-4 weeks.

Hopefully they can get after Tom Brady this weekend and that gets them back on track.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The safeties really played badly Sunday night. I am not too concerned with the front four because LV has extra protection laid in against the Chiefs. But the safeties were beaten early in routes and missed tackles, including Mathieu. With extra protection for Carr, you have more coverage possibilities but it didn't help. It was their worst game in a few years. Most of the iso routes that hit for extra yards were on the safeties. Dirty Dan ended the game on a free pick, but it was like they were feeling poorly. I hoped they weren't COVID positive watching the game. A step slower all night long. I think it was just a funk that they'll play out of against the Bucs.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Mahomes just dropped a bomb on Tampa. 75 yards to Hill, see ya!

Man this team is fun to watch on offense.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Halfway through first and Hill has 133 yards receiving.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Oh my. Mahomes to Hill is going to end this Tampa cornerback's career. Have mercy.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Under/over 300 yards for Hill?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Over.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Reid would like to let everyone know that the baton isn't being passed from Beady to Mahomes.

It has been passed.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

336 is the NFL single game record.

203 for Hill starting the 2nd quarter.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

That's not good.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I bet Hill gets 286.
Bucs going to move all coverage to him at half.
Kelce gets 6 catches for 80 in the 2nd half.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Thing is. Bucs defense is actually above average.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG