KU Football Memories

Kansas Football.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: KU Football Memories

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Leawood wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:34 pm KU made it to a bowl game in 2005 as well. They should have in 2006 had Mangino swallowed his pride by starting Reesing for the Mizzou game finale.
2006 is so much different in today’s CFB.

1. Beat UNL because instant replay would have given us the ball—didn’t exist back then. So, 7-5 instead of 6-6.

2. 6-6 easily gets you a bowl now.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:56 pm
Leawood wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:34 pm KU made it to a bowl game in 2005 as well. They should have in 2006 had Mangino swallowed his pride by starting Reesing for the Mizzou game finale.
2006 is so much different in today’s CFB.

1. Beat UNL because instant replay would have given us the ball—didn’t exist back then. So, 7-5 instead of 6-6.

2. 6-6 easily gets you a bowl now.
Man when I watched the 06 KU/NU game I got mad all over again on that fumble. Because with a tie game and starting the ball at the 25, Scott Webb couldn't kick it crazy far, but he was really accurate and KU wins that game.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh man. My first KU football memory must have been the first game I attended. Don’t remember who it was against or whether we won (prob not), but I remember it was a lovely early autumn day, late afternoon game, and the sun was a bitch, so I might have been in the east stands. I think I was still in high school, or maybe freshman, so like 03-04ish.

Then that whole 2007 season, woo! Lots and lots of tailgating. Sometimes we even went into the game. We’d sneak in PBRs and doobies and keep the party going in the student section.

One game - I think when we curb stomped the huskers? - we put a keg in a wheelbarrow and wheeled all the way from ousdahl across campus to the hill. Made a lot of friends along the way by topping off solo cups, and/or keg stands.

And who can forget, RIP HIS FUCKING HEAD OFF.

The mizzou game at arrowhead. Saw some doucher from HS decked out in mizzou gear, lots of friendly banter, until the end of the game when he was running his mouth and we were all physically restraining one another from knocking his teeth in.

The orange bowl, we somehow ended up watching at BWWs on mass, of all places. Think it’s the only time I’ve been there. Talib’s pick 6, hell yea!

Ran into a female acquaintance from like an intramural softball team or somethin, hit it off, lots of flirty fandom, she ends up wanting to come back for the after party, some of the best sex ever that night. Championship caliber.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pics or i call bs
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Leawood

Post by Leawood »

You are missing the clit in that orange photo
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Fucking amateurs
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Leawood wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:12 pm You are missing the clit in that orange photo
He has no idea what that even is
HenrySwanson

Post by HenrySwanson »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:22 pm 1984. Versus OU. Worst hangover of my college life.
Sat right in front of the KU band.
Horrible.

But, we beat OU.

Have we beaten them since?
I was in the KU band for that one. Back when the band was in the middle of the student section and not in the bottom of the bowl where nobody can hear them. But I digress...

Willie. Effin. Pless.

<old-timer anecdote>
We had band practice on the field in the morning, and OU came out to warm up before the scheduled end of rehearsal. Band members wanted to make them wait their turn but band director Bob Foster recalled a time when they did that to a visiting OU or NU team and it pissed them right off and ended up being one of the most lopsided games ever. So we let them have the field. Every little bit helps, right?
</anecdote.

As an aside, a friend of mine was at his parents' house that day out past the Dillons on 6th and Lawrence Ave and said he could hear the roar of the crowd from their driveway.

Damn that was a fun day. Don't remember the night, but the day sure was fun.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pp Stand up and cheer. ff stand up and cheer!