Parler

Ugh.
PhDhawk

Re: Parler

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:12 pm Ok, please allow my to clarify.

I didn’t actually vote for Trump in 2016. I just thought saying “I voted for Trump, for the lulz” was funny. I assumed no one would take me seriously or care either way, but go figure.

Spoiler alert! I’m not actually a fan of Trump. Not one bit. Not even in Home Alone 2. If it was up to me, I would have impeached before this, before the Ukraine call, before the Mueller report, before any of that.

Just tactfully get him early, on enoluments. Frame it as the big bad businessman crook screwing over We The People (really *hoping* people might actually react on economic grounds, since none of his other vile shit was enough), and snoop around until he dug his own grave.

If he stopped my snooping, get him on obstruction (again, not that anyone cared about that either, but at least I’d be fighting the good fight).

I woulda had a tangible told-ya-so years before the rest of this shit. “This isn’t political, this is out of existential concern for Merica. If not now, he’s gonna do something much worse.” Stick to my story, all along.

Now, if I may offer the courtesy of clarifying further yet: you like oh so totally SHOULD take me seriously when I said my vote for president in 2020 went to Bill Self.
so you lied. For four years.

Also not a surprise since your completely full of shit most of the time.

For the lulz!

But please go back to pointing out the hypocrisy of others for flip flopping on issues that you simultaneously flip flopped on for the same reason.

Just please stop pretending you want to have any kind of dialog or that you're in any way self-reflective. You're just a less funny version of lobster.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Man, starting to wonder whether this living rent free is even worth it.

It’s just as dark and cold as DC’s basement, but without the legitimacy of knowing DC would come stomping down the stairs promptly on the 1st of the month.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Hilarious as always.

Even your comebacks are derivative.

Have you EVER had an originsl thought?

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Have you ever tried just not letting me get to your head?

I hope I can ask that matter-of-factly. I don’t intend any negative energy. Let’s try to just have fun here.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:58 pm Have you ever tried just not letting me get to your head?

I hope I can ask that matter-of-factly. I don’t intend any negative energy. Let’s try to just have fun here.
you asked for an example, I gave you one.

yes. Let's do.

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i think i’ve changed my tune and am actually with mich

there should be zero repercussions for a president who incites violence and insurrection, regardless of the precedent it sets for future would-be dictators

while we’re at it, presidents should really just be called kings, and be able to transfer their powers to their heirs...don jr. 2024!!

presidents...er...kings should also be able to lock up, no, kill, anyone who disagrees. and, we might as well just burn the constitution and bill of rights, cuz whatever the pres...er...king says would be the law of the land

wonder when king trump woulda held a dictators-only summit, with only the best strong men invited...putin, lil’ kim jong un, erdogan...who am i missing?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:16 pm i think i’ve changed my tune and am actually with mich

there should be zero repercussions for a president who incites violence and insurrection, regardless of the precedent it sets for future would-be dictators

while we’re at it, presidents should really just be called kings, and be able to transfer their powers to their heirs...don jr. 2024!!

presidents...er...kings should also be able to lock up, no, kill, anyone who disagrees. and, we might as well just burn the constitution and bill of rights, cuz whatever the pres...er...king says would be the law of the land

wonder when king trump woulda held a dictators-only summit, with only the best strong men invited...putin, lil’ kim jong un, erdogan...who am i missing?
This is how you post for the lulz.

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

So it may get tougher to keep the grift going. This is going to sting more than losing his twitter access in the long run.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/stripe-sto ... 1610319116
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:31 pm That’s quite the boogeyman!

I hope you check under your bed every night to make sure I’m not there.
Quite a response from someone asking for honest dialogue and constructive criticism.

Fair and honest and responsible....except for when it comes to you. Very Trumpian of you
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

japhy wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:25 pm So it may get tougher to keep the grift going. This is going to sting more than losing his twitter access in the long run.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/stripe-sto ... 1610319116
Years late, but good to see all the bans. Not sure why Ousdahl is being pummeled. But literally like Sean Hannity attacking the pasta forever Olive Garden rumors.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

The thing I am seeing a lot of is a claim that conservatives are being silenced, and that claim is really grating at me. It has nothing to do with conservatives. No Republican MoC has been removed from any platform. Same with Trump's closest minions (Scavino, Don Jr, etc).

Only Q cultists and those giving them a vouce are being silenced.
Deleted User 89

rural idaho ISP blocked users from accessing twitter and facebook

smh
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Perhaps the real problem is, conservative voices are silencing themselves?

Are any speaking up, besides the Q cultists?
Deleted User 89

conflation of conservative with right wing extremist
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I have one friend from high school that is a facebook friend. A small rural town in MO, Excelsior Springs. I have found much to my dismay that it seems like the majority of people I knew from there have gone waaaay down the rabbit hole. Like Walrus deep in the rabbit hole. I tried to explain to them where trump was leading them back in 2015 to no avail. For some reason my one friend in the group cut off everyone who disagrees with him but me. Maybe for the same reason I leave him on my feed, I like to know what is going on in their heads. He and the rest made their triumphal procession over to parler after the election and made sure everyone knew they were going, it was for good, no really we are leaving and you WILL miss us. Except occasionally they keep coming back like Wally and spout some drivel about how the kraken was coming. Now they are back on facebook and pissed.

I laid reality out for them as kindly as I could, no name calling except for trump who I stand by my classification of him as "malignant". I was told that I do not read enough "good sources" of information. I reminded them that there have been 60 plus court cases and trump has lost them all and the election has been certified by the State and electoral votes counted. What information have I missed? It has been declared that I am a "blind toad", whatever the fuck that means. I assume it is figurative not literal otherwise my writing would be less legible.

The next stage of the meltdown will be interesting. These are the people who believe, but have too much to lose to go to Washington and be part of the insurrection. Now they have seen their patriot brigade crash and burn and are talking more but are even less likely to do anything to get their asses in real trouble. They can see there are real consequences if they try and act out their fantasy life on the grand public stage. I reminded them that trump told the patriots he would march down to Congress with them and then the coward got in his limo and drove away leaving everyone else holding the bag when the shit went down. This is how it will be the rest of the way, they will fall and trump will duck.

The real crazies with nothing to lose may now be all on their own.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

I did a massive FB purge today. Family included.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

sdoyel wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:23 pm I did a massive FB purge today. Family included.
3 days ago for me
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

10 years ago for me
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I've got a couple of crazies on my friend list. If I delete them, they will consider it as vindication for their side. They've mostly been laying low for the last week. One popped up with a challenge that her real friends will post this picture of the flag on their home page.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Like, the American flag, or....like a Nazi flag?