Parler

Ugh.
Cascadia

Re: Parler

Post by Cascadia »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:15 am I've got a couple of crazies on my friend list. If I delete them, they will consider it as vindication for their side. They've mostly been laying low for the last week. One popped up with a challenge that her real friends will post this picture of the flag on their home page.
Just unfollow them
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:28 pm rural idaho ISP blocked users from accessing twitter and facebook

smh
I am not a fan of that.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:14 am
TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:28 pm rural idaho ISP blocked users from accessing twitter and facebook

smh
I am not a fan of that.
it’s dumb, for sure
colbond

Post by colbond »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:18 am

smh
I am not a fan of that.
it’s dumb, for sure
And they can do this because of trump and ajit pai destroying net neutrality.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

colbond wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:48 am
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:18 am
I am not a fan of that.
it’s dumb, for sure
And they can do this because of trump and ajit pai destroying net neutrality.
It's amazing to me how many things can actually be blamed directly on Trump.

And more surprising is how many things that fail today that you can blame on things he did early on.

I can't help but wonder how much better we'd be in responding to the pandemic had he not cut NIH funding and neutered the CDC.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

but we can blame everything on Biden in just a few days

or so we’ve been told
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

What has Trump done for us? Well, there is the coal sludge water. And the economic crisis. And almost 350,000 dead beyond expectations. And baby cages. And he pulled us out of nuclear treaties with Russia and Iran. And stopped fighting climate change. And he nominated 100s of unqualified judges. And there is the rabble rebellion that might escate to kill thousands more. And he showed us all his tax returns after the audit.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Sparko wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:12 pm What has Trump done for us? Well, there is the coal sludge water. And the economic crisis. And almost 350,000 dead beyond expectations. And baby cages. And he pulled us out of nuclear treaties with Russia and Iran. And stopped fighting climate change. And he nominated 100s of unqualified judges. And there is the rabble rebellion that might escate to kill thousands more. And he showed us all his tax returns after the audit.
(As others have no doubt pointed out).....He’s going to Make America Great Again by putting a stake through the heart of the Republican Party and hopefully driving into oblivion the likes of Cruz, Hawley, Gohmert, Brooks et al
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I think my favorite part of the trumpers coming back to facebook is that they have now become George Orwell fans. I saw a couple of Orwell quotes today twisted to show how they support trump's position. I almost snorted beer out my nose tonight. It reminded me of the time my gun nut brother posted a meme about responsible gun ownership and included a quote and picture of William S Burroughs. Yes, the noted responsible gun owner Burroughs.

My response was, Orwell finished his second recount and 81M > 74M, and 306 > 232, and 2 + 2 does not equal 5.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
colbond

Post by colbond »

zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Fa?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:16 pm I think my favorite part of the trumpers coming back to facebook is that they have now become George Orwell fans. I saw a couple of Orwell quotes today twisted to show how they support trump's position. I almost snorted beer out my nose tonight. It reminded me of the time my gun nut brother posted a meme about responsible gun ownership and included a quote and picture of William S Burroughs. Yes, the noted responsible gun owner Burroughs.

My response was, Orwell finished his second recount and 81M > 74M, and 306 > 232, and 2 + 2 does not equal 5.
Same general thing happening with the First Amendment, and states’ rights generally.

Yes, all of this is making clear that most conservative “positions” have been, at best, co-opted over the last decade or three in service of pursuit of power, money and intolerance, above all else.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:15 am I've got a couple of crazies on my friend list. If I delete them, they will consider it as vindication for their side. They've mostly been laying low for the last week. One popped up with a challenge that her real friends will post this picture of the flag on their home page.
I hear you. I feel if I delete them they will take it as a compliment and a badge of honor in that they have affected me.
Well, the truth is I admit they have.
I just don't get that I have friends who are truly good people - until it comes to their political beliefs and how it affects them.
They have become brainwashed lunatics and no, it's not just those on the "right". I have Liberal friends who are politically brainwashed to the point of insanity too.
I have found myself asking them RESPECTFULLY both publicly and privately if they truly believe the things they have posted and showing them PROOF that they are wrong in regards to what they believe.
Then I gave up.
Best thing for me that I could do is choose to "unfollow" people.

I refuse to even look at Parler only because true or not, I am led to believe that it's primarily a tool for "Conservatives" to have a circle jerk while often spewing hatred and division. Or at least it's a tool for people to share things, ideas, opinions, that I am probably not in line with and would most likely take offense to. Of course I very well could be wrong - and I actually hope that I am wrong.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Tweeter suspends Marjorie Taylor Greene
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Twitter says Trump’s ban is permanent, even if he runs for office again
Deleted User 89

pretty amazing

he made his bed...
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

Parler is coming back!!

We’re gonna burn twitter to the ground for trying to silence us.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ProudBoy wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:38 pm Parler is coming back!!

Cool.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

ProudBoy wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:38 pm Parler is coming back!!

Good, then trump will have one fewer venue.