Stock thread

You Love It.
ousdahl

Re: Stock thread

Post by ousdahl »

You guys remember gif bombs?

man, the financial elites are gonna be so pissed!
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i wonder if “Tom” was actually the guy pictured?
Deleted User 89

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:04 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:48 am ever make buko pie?
Never heard of it. Had to gooooogle. Sounds delicious.
turned out great, will definitely make again but with a few alterations

filling: 3.5 cups young coconut meat, 1/2 cup evaporated milk, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup cornstarch

the recipe i used called for a simple flour, oil and salt crust, but i think next time i’m gonna do graham cracker

when i’ve had it in the Philippines, the consistency has been very smooth/blended, but when i made it i left the coconut a little chunky. i kinda liked the consistency, but will probably use the food processor next tome so the final product is more like a cheesecake

make sure you’ve got a sharp ass knife to get into the coconuts. i resorted to pulling out one of our Filipino machetes because none of our kitchen knives were getting the job done

bonus: some refreshing coconut water while you wait

this is the recipe i used: https://www.kawalingpinoyrecipe.com/nat ... ko_pie.php
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:58 am
jhawks99 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:04 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:48 am ever make buko pie?
Never heard of it. Had to gooooogle. Sounds delicious.
turned out great, will definitely make again but with a few alterations

filling: 3.5 cups young coconut meat, 1/2 cup evaporated milk, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup cornstarch

the recipe i used called for a simple flour, oil and salt crust, but i think next time i’m gonna do graham cracker

when i’ve had it in the Philippines, the consistency has been very smooth/blended, but when i made it i left the coconut a little chunky. i kinda liked the consistency, but will probably use the food processor next tome so the final product is more like a cheesecake

make sure you’ve got a sharp ass knife to get into the coconuts. i resorted to pulling out one of our Filipino machetes because none of our kitchen knives were getting the job done

bonus: some refreshing coconut water while you wait

this is the recipe i used: https://www.kawalingpinoyrecipe.com/nat ... ko_pie.php

"bonus: some refreshing coconut water while you wait"
You were doing so well until....
Deleted User 89

whatever...it’s delicious when taken straight from the coconut

though i’ll admit, nostalgia plays a role since i’ve really only ever had it when doing field research in the tropics
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Cool, I spent a month in Cebu about 5 years ago. Did not run across this. I may have to give it a shot.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:14 am Cool, I spent a month in Cebu about 5 years ago. Did not run across this. I may have to give it a shot.
the region near Los Banos, on southern Luzon, has the best buko pie. if you get the chance, visit Mt. Makiling (and the thermal mud baths) and pick one up