2020 offseason thread

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: 2020 offseason thread

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Scott Chasen had an article. Basically said he’s not as old school as many think. He can spread it out and throw it all over if he wants and he showed that.

Just worry he’ll be too yes sir to Les.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

For those who follow recruiting closer than I do, any expectations today?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We will see if Quaydarius Davis, our 4 star WR, actually signs.
Kameron Grays, 3 star CB, also hasn't signed.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Davis is going to sign with Kansas or USC. We'll know in a few hours as he will sign this morning. His recruitment has been super quiet for the entirety of it. He's not really on social media, he doesn't have people talking for him, everyone in the dark. The Kansas commitment was a bit of a surprise. That is Emmett Jones' guy though, and you best believe that has been THE GUY that Jones is talking to daily.

There is a good feeling that Grays will not be at Kansas. Dearmon was one of his main recruiters, so that is going to hurt. Think I saw he is looking at Florida State, maybe?

So of the two, Davis is the most likely Jayhawk.

But that's the only 2 that are unsigned. Quite a few that signed in December already on campus.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Davis would come in and play Day 1 at Kansas. He's a really big body WR who can go make plays with the ball in the air or after he gets the ball.

He has enough speed to do some damage, but most of his damage is by just being a big body guy.

But after losing Parchment, Robinson and Lassiter this past year, it would be nice to have Davis come here and be a focal point.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

If Davis doesn't sign with KU, they'll still be a class in the low 50s.

If he does sign, they'll be in the 30s.

But I guess he posted on instagram (I don't know because I'm not on that) last night him saying he'll sign at 9:30 and it was all KU related.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Of those two give me Davis. The secondary has pretty good depth between old heads and new guys coming in.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:32 am Of those two give me Davis. The secondary has pretty good depth between old heads and new guys coming in.
CB is a position of strength right now.. Prunty is already a stud and Duece Mayberry is pretty good as well. Better than his brother. Agbaw will be good as will Johnquai Lewis.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Were we pursuing Jace Ruder?
Can't even beat North Texas out of transfers from our state.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I mean, probably not. And even if we were, the uncertainty of the OC position after Dearmon left was reason enough to not come here. Would have loved to have him. But staff might think that Daniels and Ben Easters are a solid duo to take into 2021. I don't know.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Davis is all but officially a Jayhawk. Posting stuff with his table at Signing Day covered in KU stuff and then posted something else after the ceremony ended and he tagged KU football.

That is massive. He's playing Day 1 and he will be good.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Whoo hoo! Needed some good news
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

From what I heard we reached out to numerous QBs in the portal and none of them were interested. That includes Jace. That is pretty much what most people think about this program.

Adding Davis is huge. Won't rain on the parade at all but, damnit with KU football there is always a 'but' if we don't have a QB or an 0-line it really doesn't matter what kind of skill guys we have. See Parchment, Andrew as an example.
Holidaysmore - 2005
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:17 am

Adding Davis is huge. Won't rain on the parade at all but, damnit with KU football there is always a 'but' if we don't have a QB or an 0-line it really doesn't matter what kind of skill guys we have. See Parchment, Andrew as an example.
We're good at getting RBs and WRs...but it's like having frosting with no cake if you don't have an OL or QB.

What a waste.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

All valid points. I do think that the "trial by fire" period that Daniels and the freshmen OL had last year means there will be plenty of growth from freshman year 1 to freshman year 2. KU will be exponentially better up front because they played all those kids last year.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Hard to bet on Daniels staying for 4 more seasons.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

If he's THE guy, he will be here.

Just never know with QBs if they are the guy or not.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Just feels like history repeating itself. New OC and next comes QB transfers.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

The best thing about freshman are they become sophomores.

Verdict is still out on Daniels. Looked good and bad but it so hard to judge a guy who was thrown into the fire and got zero help from his offensive line. The spring and summer periods are going to be CRUCIAL for this team and what little chance we have of winning any games next year.
Holidaysmore - 2005