Trump Lied. His Budget Cuts Medicare, SS, & Medicaid

Ugh.
zsn
Contributor

Re: Trump Lied. His Budget Cuts Medicare, SS, & Medicaid

Post by zsn »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:43 pm Hold on. 9 months from now uncle burnie will save the day. It’s gonna be a utopia.
What's your wager that 9 months from now the Republicans will suddenly start caring about the deficit and debt? Especially if Trump loses? Does the word "sequestration" ring a bell? Anyone?

Beuller??
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

zsn wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:18 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:43 pm Hold on. 9 months from now uncle burnie will save the day. It’s gonna be a utopia.
What's your wager that 9 months from now the Republicans will suddenly start caring about the deficit and debt? Especially if Trump loses? Does the word "sequestration" ring a bell? Anyone?

Beuller??
2013, that's also the year Ted Cruz and House republicans, led by Boehner, shut the government down for 17 days in a failed attempt to force the Obama Admin. to delay funding the Affordable Care Act for a year. Cruz was desperate to stop the ACA before it gained beneficiaries who could defend it politically.

That's back when "conservative" Republicans seemed so, so sincere in their obsession with reducing budget deficits. Obsessed! I tell you!

I wonder what changed?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Feral wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:01 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:21 pm lies and misinformation

censorship through noise...

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ar/605530/
Here's a link to a podcast earlier today with the author of that article, McKay Coppins:

"What you have is a presidential campaign that is pushing lies and distortions and conspiracy theories into the bloodstream at an unprecedented rate," says Atlantic writer McKay Coppins.

Journalist Details 'Brazen Ways' Trump Will Use His Power To Get Reelected
heard it on my lunch break and thought it was a worthwhile share
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:29 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:21 pm lies and misinformation

censorship through noise...

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ar/605530/
I think the lesson here is to be curious, seek out alternative news sources instead of relying on only one option, read things from multiple views and be skeptical of everything a "biased" news media presents (which includes most news media). Everything these days, especially leading up to an election, is slanted and deceitful. Its a reflection of the divides in our nation.
generally, i agree

this isn’t a case, imo, of a “both sides do it”. the trump machine is going above and beyond what anyone else has or is doing...kudos to them, i guess, for taking advantage of so many peoples’ laziness
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

If you can just hold on for another 9 months. Then the other party will come in and razzledazzle us like they did from 2008 to 2016.

Help is on the way. The calvary is coming.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

😂😂😂😂
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:16 am If you can just hold on for another 9 months. Then the other party will come in and razzledazzle us like they did from 2008 to 2016.

I love the smug, I got my 401K stories. I member 2008-2009 when the 401K's lost 40% of their value and retirees were staying at their jobs hoping things would recover.

You got yours so the hell with everybody else, until you don't have yours, and then somebody needs to make things right. No doubt trump will be that empathetic soul who helps the little people just like he has his whole life.

The trump story is gonna play out just like "It's A Wonderful Life", with everyone singing and dancing and prosperity for all! It's the good old days again!
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Smug nothing. You wisenhiemers been blubbering your yap for the last three and one half years. 9 months from now be time to put your money where your mouth is.

I’m preparing myself to be razzledazzled. Git er done!
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:16 am If you can just hold on for another 9 months. Then the other party will come in and razzledazzle us like they did from 2008 to 2016.

Freudian slip or a case of “I don’t think he knows what it means” from Princess Bride? I seriously doubt that “calvary” is necessarily helpful under any circumstance 😄
Deleted User 89

bump